• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
This kernel works only on AOSP ROMs such as CyanogenMod, but not including any Google Play edition or Sense ROMs. This kernel works on all variants of the M8 that I know of (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, International, Google Play edition, Developer Edition).

Features:
Kernel Mode NEON
Motorola Memutils
ARM-optimized Crypto driver
Power Efficient Workqueues from Linaro
Linaro CPU Topology driver

Download:
http://downloads.hostingsharedbox.com/jake/m8/m8.img

Source: https://github.com/xboxfanj/android_kernel_htc_msm8974

CM Team - base kernel
bigrushdog- helping me merge upstream and get some features in
flar2
faux123
k5t4j5
Linaro
CAF
Motorola
HTC
LKML

XDA:DevDB Information
eXcaliBur Kernel | November 4th, Kernel for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
xboxfanj
Kernel Special Features: butter

Version Information

Created 2014-05-18
Last Updated 2014-11-05

Last edited:

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Okay wanted to ask this before I flashed but actually saw your source before this was posted and was really hoping to see this kernel soon, so I couldn't wait. But question on my mind and not sure if you will know the answer yet. Since it is based off of Liquids kernel, is there a possibility this could trigger the encryption bug? Super excited to see what this kernel can do and thanks for putting it all together.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
That should mean sweep to sleep works too?

Hopefully sleep2sweep gets implemented aswell, a must have for me :p

Surprisingly, no. I had assumed it would, but I guess flar is still working on that. I could make you a build with it though (might be at the cost of dt2w and s2w). If I can though, I'll try to add it to his wake gesture code so we have all three.

Reactions: Kristian2018

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
Dbl tap to wake is easy but agreed a soft sleep will be nice. I'm getting by with Slimkat's sleep toggle but the nav sweep is a nice touch. Thanks so much for giving it a go if you do!

dubbactrumpetmsu

Oct 5, 2010
Dbl tap to wake is easy but agreed a soft sleep will be nice. I'm getting by with Slimkat's sleep toggle but the nav sweep is a nice touch. Thanks so much for giving it a go if you do!

Sounds like this will be a good one to try. For some of those asking about S2S, what launchers are you using? I was waiting for it, and finally decided ( I'm using Inspire Launcher, of course this will work with Nova, too) to assign a double tap on the display to sleep it as well.

Prod1702

May 31, 2007
So not sure if this is the way it is, but after flashing hotplug. Two cores and it is random which two not always the same two are locked at max speed. They never go down to 300mhz or anything slower. They just get stuck at max speed. I can change the max speed and they change with that speed but they are always whatever speed I set it to. Is this the want the hotplug driver is setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts