[Kernel][LOS/CAF][M/N] Linux 3.10 custom kernel v3

Search This thread

Fatsodonkey

Apr 22, 2011

I used mxplayer. The thing is that all videos play nice, but the ones i record stutter.

I don't use gapps, but that should not affect it???
E: It stutters with both front and rear camera recording.
Looks like it skips frames.

I will try it with gapps also. I normally use F-droid and Yalp.

Installed gapps and problem still exists.
If i use stock Sultan, then the recording works.
It has something to do with the kernel.

I always clean flash. Factory reset and system wipe to be absolutely sure. Usually twice. :D
I also use ext4 for partitions.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Some new info about the recording.
When i change it to 720p 120fps highspeed recording it stutters way less.

Last edited:

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
I used mxplayer. The thing is that all videos play nice, but the ones i record stutter.
Not sure if logs are going to be of any help in this case,but it doesn't hurt to take 'em,just in case. ;)
First,take logs when you start recording.Second,take logs when you play the video in default video player.Third,submit 'em here. :)
PS: Also,It'd be interesting to see if non-CAF version has the same issue with recording or not.

Last edited:

Fatsodonkey

Apr 22, 2011
Not sure if logs are going to be of any help in this case,but it doesn't hurt to take 'em,just in case. ;)
First,take logs when you start recording.Second,take logs when you play the video in default video player.Third,submit 'em here. :)
PS: Also,It'd be interesting to see if non-CAF version has the same issue with recording or not.

I will post logs tomorrow.
Was it logcat and verbose or something like that.?
Im in bit of a rust. :p

The non-CAF does not have the same issue.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
I will post logs tomorrow.
Was it logcat and verbose or something like that.?
Im in bit of a rust. :p

The non-CAF does not have the same issue.

Apart from the logcats, post a dmesg here as well, as it's the most important log when debugging a kernel. Record a video, save it, play it, open a terminal emulator on the phone and run
Code:
su -c 'dmesg > /sdcard/kmsg'
(grant superuser privileges if needed), then upload the kmsg file here.

zboq

Jan 8, 2010
Tarnów
I've installed it on Unofficial RR CAF and so far only noticed that sometimes button backlight is not turning off when screen goes off. No reboots so far. Good job.

Update:
Noticed that Aliexpress app fc's on this kernel.

Wysłane z mojego A0001 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
Performance one this Kernel is just awesome working smoothly but color control is not working in kernel auditer
That's one of the bugs that this kernel has inherited from its parent (erorcun's 3.10 kernel). I'll add to the first post a list of all the known bugs. Anyway, I'm glad to know that the kernel is smooth.

I've installed it on Unofficial RR CAF and so far only noticed that sometimes button backlight is not turning off when screen goes off. No reboots so far. Good job.

Update:

I remember that button backlight bug! Have you ever faced it using erorcun's kernel (provided that you've tried it in the past)? I'm pretty sure I've used the Aliexpress app with this kernel in the past, anyway I'll try to find out what's wrong.

Lately I've been busy with my ROM and its 3.4-based kernel, but in the next weeks I plan to focus more on this kernel :)

zboq

Jan 8, 2010
Tarnów
I remember that button backlight bug! Have you ever faced it using erorcun's kernel (provided that you've tried it in the past)? I'm pretty sure I've used the Aliexpress app with this kernel in the past, anyway I'll try to find out what's wrong.
Sorry, I've never used errorcun kernel :(.
A quick look @ logcat shows a lot of errors related to aliexpress. I can save it and attach to this post so You can take a look what is going on if You like.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Linux 3.10-based kernel for Oneplus One (bacon)

Info:
    use this kernel at your own risk. Flashing it the wrong way might brick your device. I'm not responsible for any software/hardware damage.
    This kernel is based on top of erorcun's 3.10 kernel. erorcun has spent an enormous time working on this project and he deserves a huge "Thank you" for having succeeded in one of the most difficult tasks in Android development: upgrading a device to a newer Linux release.

Features:
    v3 (12th December)
    • built with O3 optimizations
    • CAF CPU boosting driver (replaces cpu_input_boost - might be a temporary switch)
    • kernel code base updated to Linux 3.10.60
    • sdcardfs updates
    • minor miscellaneous improvements

old releases:

v2.1
    • minor stability fix

v2 (12th November)
    • kernel code base updates reverted, then re-applied only up to 3.10.54
    • compiled with an improved set of GCC flags
    • tuned AIO for SSD-only machines

v1 (30th October)
    • built with GCC 5, UBER Toolchain and the optimal compiler flags for Krait CPUs
    • kernel code base upgraded to Linux 3.10.88
    • power-efficient workqueues
    • sound control by francisconfranco
    • CPU voltage control
    • cpu_input_boost by Sultanxda
    • sdcardfs & f2fs support
    • support for both LineageOS's and Sultan's camera HALs

Compatibility
    The kernel is compatible with all the Marshmallow/Nougat ROMs that use either LineageOS's camera HAL or Sultan's (a.k.a. CAF's). Just make sure you download the right version ;)
    Currently, the kernel has been tested only on LineageOS 14.1, but I'm sure the CAF build is safe to flash and works properly as well.
    The kernel doesn't work on Oreo (yet)!

Download
    The kernel can be download from AFH: 3.10 kernel on AndroidFileHost

Thanks to:
    erorcun, franciscofranco, Sultanxda, CAF & UBER, Mecca EL.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Tom's Linux 3.10 kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    Tomoms, erorcun
    Source Code: https://github.com/Tomoms/neon_kernel_bacon

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-12

Created 2017-10-30
    Last Updated 2017-12-12
    I have reboots when it comes to rest, right after the screen shut down automatically, when the battery is charging this does not happen

I might manage to fix this with a new kernel within a few hours.

EDIT: new kernels are uploaded. I'm here waiting for (good, I hope) news :)
    Hey guys! The new update should fix the MTP functionality and improve general performance and filesystem read/write speeds :)
    I'd be really happy to read your feedback as I didn't even test this kernel.
    Happy flashing!
    Performance one this Kernel is just awesome working smoothly but color control is not working in kernel auditer
    That's one of the bugs that this kernel has inherited from its parent (erorcun's 3.10 kernel). I'll add to the first post a list of all the known bugs. Anyway, I'm glad to know that the kernel is smooth.

Update:

Lately I've been busy with my ROM and its 3.4-based kernel, but in the next weeks I plan to focus more on this kernel :)
    Hi @Tomoms, if you don't mind me asking, was the problem with f2fs encryption for /data and /cache ever addressed?
    Hello. No, it wasn't... I wish I had the time to continue this project. I don't consider it dead, but it's very unlikely that I will update it anytime soon. Anyway, this doesn't mean that I will never resume it. Let's wait and see what happens :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone