[Kernel][LOS/CAF][M/N] Linux 3.10 custom kernel v3

Search This thread

zboq

Jan 8, 2010
Tarnów
Please do it, those logs might be helpful.
Log attached.

Another thing to point out that makes this kernel unusable for me is that I can't pass safety net while on it.
I even updated magisk to newest beta version and still no go.
So I will wait until that is fixed before installing it again.

Attachments

• 2017-11-20-12-14-18.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 9

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Been using this kernel and I noticed mobile data doesn't work. It's enabled, APNs are correct, and what not, but just doesn't work. Flashing back to stock kernel or another kernel and mobile data is restored.

Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
Been using this kernel and I noticed mobile data doesn't work. It's enabled, APNs are correct, and what not, but just doesn't work. Flashing back to stock kernel or another kernel and mobile data is restored.
You're using an old CAF ROM. This bug depends on the RIL version used in your ROM, and it's present on all the old Sultanized ROMs. A few months ago Sultan switched to a newer RIL and this bug vanished. So if you're using an old Sultan-based ROM, there's nothing I can do to fix mobile data.

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
You're using an old CAF ROM. This bug depends on the RIL version used in your ROM, and it's present on all the old Sultanized ROMs. A few months ago Sultan switched to a newer RIL and this bug vanished. So if you're using an old Sultan-based ROM, there's nothing I can do to fix mobile data.

Yeah I'm using the August 25 version cus it's the last one to support F2FS. None of the new ones support F2FS so I'm stuck. Unless I go LineageOS but I like the customization and features of Resurrection Remix.

Guess I'll just use another kernel. By the way, I got your kernels to work with UKM and Synapse, but a lot of the kernel features cannot be changed, or it's not reading correctly. Figured I'd let you know if you ever want to tackle that. It gives you much more control than Kernel Auditor in my opinion.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
Yeah I'm using the August 25 version cus it's the last one to support F2FS. None of the new ones support F2FS so I'm stuck. Unless I go LineageOS but I like the customization and features of Resurrection Remix.

Guess I'll just use another kernel. By the way, I got your kernels to work with UKM and Synapse, but a lot of the kernel features cannot be changed, or it's not reading correctly. Figured I'd let you know if you ever want to tackle that. It gives you much more control than Kernel Auditor in my opinion.

You're totally right about Synapse, for tweaking certain features it's irreplaceable, however I haven't cared adding Synapse/UKM support because I've used the UKM Magisk module to get Synapse to work. I understand that not everyone uses/likes Magisk, so I might work on UKM support (for both of my kernels) at a later time.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
I've released a new kernel (for LOS and CAF cameras, as usual). The update has not been tested and due to some under-the-hood changes, there's a really slim chance that the kernel won't boot. So please, if you try it, report whether it's working properly and possibly give me feedback about:
  • general stability
  • performance
  • USB MTP
Thank you!

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
@Tomoms Great kernel! I have only one question: is possible add another hotplug or tweak mp decision to let CPU underclock? Thanks

Sent from Oneplus One
Just to clarify: mpdecision hasn't got anything to do with underclocking. However, I plan on include one or two hotplugs in the next release. About underclocking, I thought I had already implemented it, but maybe I'm confused. Anyway: if it's not there, it'll be present soon.

Reactions: xlollomanx

xlollomanx

Dec 8, 2011
Just to clarify: mpdecision hasn't got anything to do with underclocking. However, I plan on include one or two hotplugs in the next release. About underclocking, I thought I had already implemented it, but maybe I'm confused. Anyway: if it's not there, it'll be present soon.
Yes, you can tweak CPU clock (I use kernel adiutor mod) but for example if you set CPU clock to 1.9ghz mpdecision when needed will raise up CPU clock to 2.4ghz ignoring that you set CPU clock to 1.9. Sorry I'm not explained well. Btw thanks for your fast response.

Sent from Oneplus One

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
Yes, you can tweak CPU clock (I use kernel adiutor mod) but for example if you set CPU clock to 1.9ghz mpdecision when needed will raise up CPU clock to 2.4ghz ignoring that you set CPU clock to 1.9. Sorry I'm not explained well. Btw thanks for your fast response.

Sent from Oneplus One
No problem. I have fully understood your issue now, and I'll solve it in the next release.

Reactions: xlollomanx

ThunderThighs

Aug 7, 2015
Yes! @Tomoms you finally made the kernel you were talking about! Apologies for being a little late to the party here, life caught up with me and I haven't checked XDA for a while. I see you're already on v3, and you have kernel versions for cm and sultan camera hals. The ROM I've been running for quite a while is jgcaaps cm13 with color os camera hal. From my personal experience the color os hal beats sultans in low-light performance and color accuracy. This is the sole reason why I'm still on this cm13 ROM even though its been discontinued. I've managed to patch the ROM myself with the latest google security patches which has helped a lot.

May I ask one favor, could you possibly make a version of this kernel for the color os camera hal? It would make the perfect setup, I'm eager to reformat to f2fs and try encryption!

Thank you for continuing the kernel for our device man!

Here's the source code for jgcaap's cm13 ROM:
https://github.com/jgcaaprom?tab=repositories

Last edited:
Reactions: Odysseus1962

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
Yes! @Tomoms you finally made the kernel you were talking about! Apologies for being a little late to the party here, life caught up with me and I haven't checked XDA for a while. I see you're already on v3, and you have kernel versions for cm and sultan camera hals. The ROM I've been running for quite a while is jgcaaps cm13 with color os camera hal. From my personal experience the color os hal beats sultans in low-light performance and color accuracy. This is the sole reason why I'm still on this cm13 ROM even though its been discontinued. I've managed to patch the ROM myself with the latest google security patches which has helped a lot.

May I ask one favor, could you possibly make a version of this kernel for the color os camera hal? It would make the perfect setup, I'm eager to reformat to f2fs and try encryption!

Thank you for continuing the kernel for our device man!

Here's the source code for jgcaap's cm13 ROM:
https://github.com/jgcaaprom?tab=repositories
I still haven't looked at f2fs encryption, but ColorOS camera support should be easier to implement, mainly because... It's already there (I've seen the kernel configuration option that should enable ColorOS support), although I've never tried to enable it and build the kernel. I'll upload here a test kernel soon, to see if it works or not.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
I just realized ambient display doesnt work with this kernel
Is there anyone experieced this issue ?

Kcal and Ambient display were probably messed up in erorcun's kernel, thus they are messed up in this kernel as well. It'll take some time before I can really get to dedicate some time to this project, but it's going to happen some day :) and I'll do my best to fix all these nasty bugs.

By the way, can any user of this kernel confirm that if your phone is off and you plug the charger, the phone boots in the offline charging mode and charges correctly, but the screen never turns off (it remains black but illuminated)?

fabio_mcz123

Sep 20, 2015
I'm on rom 14.1 sultan. After a few minutes running his kernel he began to present lags in the screen transitions and executions of the tasks. This happened after making simple modifications to the "kernel audiutor" but before that it was running fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Linux 3.10-based kernel for Oneplus One (bacon)

Info:
    use this kernel at your own risk. Flashing it the wrong way might brick your device. I'm not responsible for any software/hardware damage.
    This kernel is based on top of erorcun's 3.10 kernel. erorcun has spent an enormous time working on this project and he deserves a huge "Thank you" for having succeeded in one of the most difficult tasks in Android development: upgrading a device to a newer Linux release.

Features:
    v3 (12th December)
    • built with O3 optimizations
    • CAF CPU boosting driver (replaces cpu_input_boost - might be a temporary switch)
    • kernel code base updated to Linux 3.10.60
    • sdcardfs updates
    • minor miscellaneous improvements

old releases:

v2.1
    • minor stability fix

v2 (12th November)
    • kernel code base updates reverted, then re-applied only up to 3.10.54
    • compiled with an improved set of GCC flags
    • tuned AIO for SSD-only machines

v1 (30th October)
    • built with GCC 5, UBER Toolchain and the optimal compiler flags for Krait CPUs
    • kernel code base upgraded to Linux 3.10.88
    • power-efficient workqueues
    • sound control by francisconfranco
    • CPU voltage control
    • cpu_input_boost by Sultanxda
    • sdcardfs & f2fs support
    • support for both LineageOS's and Sultan's camera HALs

Compatibility
    The kernel is compatible with all the Marshmallow/Nougat ROMs that use either LineageOS's camera HAL or Sultan's (a.k.a. CAF's). Just make sure you download the right version ;)
    Currently, the kernel has been tested only on LineageOS 14.1, but I'm sure the CAF build is safe to flash and works properly as well.
    The kernel doesn't work on Oreo (yet)!

Download
    The kernel can be download from AFH: 3.10 kernel on AndroidFileHost

Thanks to:
    erorcun, franciscofranco, Sultanxda, CAF & UBER, Mecca EL.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Tom's Linux 3.10 kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    Tomoms, erorcun
    Source Code: https://github.com/Tomoms/neon_kernel_bacon

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-12

Created 2017-10-30
    Last Updated 2017-12-12
    I have reboots when it comes to rest, right after the screen shut down automatically, when the battery is charging this does not happen

I might manage to fix this with a new kernel within a few hours.

EDIT: new kernels are uploaded. I'm here waiting for (good, I hope) news :)
    Hey guys! The new update should fix the MTP functionality and improve general performance and filesystem read/write speeds :)
    I'd be really happy to read your feedback as I didn't even test this kernel.
    Happy flashing!
    Performance one this Kernel is just awesome working smoothly but color control is not working in kernel auditer
    That's one of the bugs that this kernel has inherited from its parent (erorcun's 3.10 kernel). I'll add to the first post a list of all the known bugs. Anyway, I'm glad to know that the kernel is smooth.

I've installed it on Unofficial RR CAF and so far only noticed that sometimes button backlight is not turning off when screen goes off. No reboots so far. Good job.

Update:
    Noticed that Aliexpress app fc's on this kernel.

Wysłane z mojego A0001 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    I remember that button backlight bug! Have you ever faced it using erorcun's kernel (provided that you've tried it in the past)? I'm pretty sure I've used the Aliexpress app with this kernel in the past, anyway I'll try to find out what's wrong.

Lately I've been busy with my ROM and its 3.4-based kernel, but in the next weeks I plan to focus more on this kernel :)
    Hi @Tomoms, if you don't mind me asking, was the problem with f2fs encryption for /data and /cache ever addressed?
    Hello. No, it wasn't... I wish I had the time to continue this project. I don't consider it dead, but it's very unlikely that I will update it anytime soon. Anyway, this doesn't mean that I will never resume it. Let's wait and see what happens :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone