[Kernel][LOS/CAF][M/N] Linux 3.10 custom kernel v3

Search This thread

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
I'm on rom 14.1 sultan. After a few minutes running his kernel he began to present lags in the screen transitions and executions of the tasks. This happened after making simple modifications to the "kernel audiutor" but before that it was running fine.

Well, what parameters did you change?

fabio_mcz123

Sep 20, 2015
Well, what parameters did you change?
It was doing test by changing the governor options (interactive / smartmax / smartmax_eps) and cpu frequencies, but that lagging started after modifying several times. I went back to the stock kernel and flashed kernel 3.10 again and this time I made changes only once and at that time there was no problem at all, it worked perfectly. another thing I noticed the sound stopped working on notifications and videos offline or stream (youtube). With headphone plugged in the sound comes out normally for both situations.
In the camera part the problems are in the recordings, the transitions of the frames are broken (FPS) is not fluid. could send the video to your telegram or how you think it is best.

Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
It was doing test by changing the governor options (interactive / smartmax / smartmax_eps) and cpu frequencies, but that lagging started after modifying several times. I went back to the stock kernel and flashed kernel 3.10 again and this time I made changes only once and at that time there was no problem at all, it worked perfectly. another thing I noticed the sound stopped working on notifications and videos offline or stream (youtube). With headphone plugged in the sound comes out normally for both situations.
In the camera part the problems are in the recordings, the transitions of the frames are broken (FPS) is not fluid. could send the video to your telegram or how you think it is best.
You're not the only one who reported laggy video recording using Sultan's camera HAL. Unfortunately I don't really know how to fix this problem. What's more, currently I have very little free time to dedicate to development, so I'll try to look into this issue in the future. If I can't get rid of this bug, I might stop building the CAF variant of this kernel (which seems to be riddled with bugs) and maintain only the LineageOS one (which works almost flawlessly).

I am using sultan's los 14.1. which version should I flash?
The CAF variant, however as of now I'd suggest CAF ROMs users like you not to flash this 3.10 kernel, due to bugs with video recording and maybe a few other issues.

fabio_mcz123

Sep 20, 2015
You're not the only one who reported laggy video recording using Sultan's camera HAL. Unfortunately I don't really know how to fix this problem. What's more, currently I have very little free time to dedicate to development, so I'll try to look into this issue in the future. If I can't get rid of this bug, I might stop building the CAF variant of this kernel (which seems to be riddled with bugs) and maintain only the LineageOS one (which works almost flawlessly).

The CAF variant, however as of now I'd suggest CAF ROMs users like you not to flash this 3.10 kernel, due to bugs with video recording and maybe a few other issues.

I understand your situation about it. I've been following all your projects or at least the ones I know (Neon, 3.10, Los + Neon) I tested both of them besides the 3.10 kernel, I'll send a private message telling you of my experiences I had about them. I see a lot of quality in all of them.

zertyuiop

Sep 20, 2015
Moscow
Does anyone has issues with Unity games when using 3.10 kernel? (LOS and CAF, erorcun's or Tomom's, doesn't matter) For me they doesn't work at all (black screen for a second, then nothing) (Firefox (Stable and Beta, not Nightly) doesn't work too)
logcat shows (this is not my logcat, but it differs only in date, channel number and package name):
Code:
09-01 12:21:39.161: W/InputDispatcher(871): channel '45fa72c com.hofstudios.cubicle/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity (server)' ~ Consumer closed input channel or an error occurred.  events=0x9
09-01 12:21:39.161: E/InputDispatcher(871): channel '45fa72c com.hofstudios.cubicle/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity (server)' ~ Channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!
09-01 12:21:39.161: I/WindowState(871): WIN DEATH: Window{45fa72c u0 com.hofstudios.cubicle/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity}

Last edited:

Micky99

Jan 16, 2015
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi A2
Excuse me @Tomoms unfortunately I'm having problems about downloads,AFH always gives me an "Error" message soon after I click on the "Click here to start the download".Could you please fix it?

EDIT:It works well now,maybe it was a problem related to AFH only.

Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Trieste
Hi @Tomoms, if you don't mind me asking, was the problem with f2fs encryption for /data and /cache ever addressed?
Hello. No, it wasn't... I wish I had the time to continue this project. I don't consider it dead, but it's very unlikely that I will update it anytime soon. Anyway, this doesn't mean that I will never resume it. Let's wait and see what happens :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Linux 3.10-based kernel for Oneplus One (bacon)

Info:
    use this kernel at your own risk. Flashing it the wrong way might brick your device. I'm not responsible for any software/hardware damage.
    This kernel is based on top of erorcun's 3.10 kernel. erorcun has spent an enormous time working on this project and he deserves a huge "Thank you" for having succeeded in one of the most difficult tasks in Android development: upgrading a device to a newer Linux release.

Features:
    v3 (12th December)
    • built with O3 optimizations
    • CAF CPU boosting driver (replaces cpu_input_boost - might be a temporary switch)
    • kernel code base updated to Linux 3.10.60
    • sdcardfs updates
    • minor miscellaneous improvements

old releases:

v2.1
    • minor stability fix

v2 (12th November)
    • kernel code base updates reverted, then re-applied only up to 3.10.54
    • compiled with an improved set of GCC flags
    • tuned AIO for SSD-only machines

v1 (30th October)
    • built with GCC 5, UBER Toolchain and the optimal compiler flags for Krait CPUs
    • kernel code base upgraded to Linux 3.10.88
    • power-efficient workqueues
    • sound control by francisconfranco
    • CPU voltage control
    • cpu_input_boost by Sultanxda
    • sdcardfs & f2fs support
    • support for both LineageOS's and Sultan's camera HALs

Compatibility
    The kernel is compatible with all the Marshmallow/Nougat ROMs that use either LineageOS's camera HAL or Sultan's (a.k.a. CAF's). Just make sure you download the right version ;)
    Currently, the kernel has been tested only on LineageOS 14.1, but I'm sure the CAF build is safe to flash and works properly as well.
    The kernel doesn't work on Oreo (yet)!

Download
    The kernel can be download from AFH: 3.10 kernel on AndroidFileHost

Thanks to:
    erorcun, franciscofranco, Sultanxda, CAF & UBER, Mecca EL.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Tom's Linux 3.10 kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    Tomoms, erorcun
    Source Code: https://github.com/Tomoms/neon_kernel_bacon

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-12

Created 2017-10-30
    Last Updated 2017-12-12
    I have reboots when it comes to rest, right after the screen shut down automatically, when the battery is charging this does not happen

I might manage to fix this with a new kernel within a few hours.

EDIT: new kernels are uploaded. I'm here waiting for (good, I hope) news :)
    Hey guys! The new update should fix the MTP functionality and improve general performance and filesystem read/write speeds :)
    I'd be really happy to read your feedback as I didn't even test this kernel.
    Happy flashing!
    Performance one this Kernel is just awesome working smoothly but color control is not working in kernel auditer
    That's one of the bugs that this kernel has inherited from its parent (erorcun's 3.10 kernel). I'll add to the first post a list of all the known bugs. Anyway, I'm glad to know that the kernel is smooth.

I've installed it on Unofficial RR CAF and so far only noticed that sometimes button backlight is not turning off when screen goes off. No reboots so far. Good job.

Update:
    Noticed that Aliexpress app fc's on this kernel.

Wysłane z mojego A0001 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    I remember that button backlight bug! Have you ever faced it using erorcun's kernel (provided that you've tried it in the past)? I'm pretty sure I've used the Aliexpress app with this kernel in the past, anyway I'll try to find out what's wrong.

Lately I've been busy with my ROM and its 3.4-based kernel, but in the next weeks I plan to focus more on this kernel :)
    Hi @Tomoms, if you don't mind me asking, was the problem with f2fs encryption for /data and /cache ever addressed?
    Hello. No, it wasn't... I wish I had the time to continue this project. I don't consider it dead, but it's very unlikely that I will update it anytime soon. Anyway, this doesn't mean that I will never resume it. Let's wait and see what happens :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone