for AOSP Based Roms!
Now supporting LP-CAF Roms for the G2!! Note that I am no longer supporting my old Kernels for KK or LP.
/* *** Disclaimer * * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * BOOM goes the Dynamite */
My goal with this kernel is to be a very fast and stable build that offers some things that the other kernels do not. I want to initiate Development Discussions amongst the community. This will be a noob friendly thread as long as the new users follow 2 rules. First is to do some research before asking. Most likely your question has already been asked. If not in this thread then in another. Second is BE RESPECTFUL. You do these two things and even the most hardened Dev will assist you.
* Synapse Support - Complete Kernel Control!
* Built with UBER A15 Linaro 4.9.2 Toolchain
* Hotplugs: MSM_Limiter, Intelliplug, and Bricked Hotplug
* MSM_Limiter by @neobuddy89 adds Per-Core Functionality
* Simplified_Thermal by @Sultanxda
* Governors: Lionheart, Impulse, Blu_Active, YankActive, IntelliMinMax and SmartMAX
* Schedulers: FIOPS, ROW, BFQ-v7, SIO, DEADLINE, NOOP, CFQ and ZEN
* Adreno_Idler: Makes GPU Idle better when not in use
* GCC Tweaks for Cortex A15
* Numerous CAF Patches!
* Added Sysfs for GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS
* Quick Wakeup (See HERE) * Dynamic FSync
I recommend Synapse and my special version of UKM for Kernel Tuning
Google Play Store Link
You can get my version of UKM here: Render-UKM
* Boot into Recovery
* (Recommended) Make a complete backup of entire rom (DUH?!)
* Make sure to flash the appropriate bootstack for your model!
* Flash Render Kernel
First I want to say thank you to everyone who has answered my questions and responded to my pm's when I know they are busy with their own lives. Pretty much everyone I have come into contact with here on XDA has been truly helpful and respectful. Here is a list of people that had helped me in one way or the other:
myfluxi, Dorimanx, Neobuddy89, Savoca, Faux123, Blechd0se, and Many More!
Thank you guys! Without your contributions to the community we would not have the level of performance, stability and interaction that we have today
Donators: @nfin1te, @MrDarkKV, @V1TRU, @Really now
[Kernel][LP-CAF] Render Kernel [D80x/LS/VS980/F320x][R3], Kernel for the LG G2
Source Code: https://github.com/RenderBroken/msm8974_G2-CAF_render_kernel
Kernel Special Features:
Last Updated 2015-12-10