For
Exynos-Variant's
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * If you dont like this Kernel, Stay away from this thread! 
 */

What to say... I come from Samsung Galaxy Nexus and its development until the beginning of September 2016...
I did a one-year break from kernel programming, and I came back here for you. To bring you a good kernel for this device that still has a lot to give.
My work is on kernel source, I add, delete, modifing code, but with a criterion, that everything, must make sense

I consider the kernel as beta, although it is very stable, I will update the kernel when needed, with the necessary security patches, and a few extra grays

Android8.0
This kernel Boot on 8.0(lineage-buid) but I think also on AOSPExtended rom 8.0 it will Boot..

Android7.1
EDIT: Don't Boot.. thank's to @spookcity138 for news :)

Good download at all, and let me know your opinion :):)

XDA:DevDB Information
[KERNEL] Lucky [O], Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
Fenix46, hennymcc, spookcity138
Source Code: https://github.com/Fenix46/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2017-11-11

Created 2017-11-11
Last Updated 2017-11-12

jaeck

May 26, 2015
Good evening,

at first I had the patched twrp from the LineageOS 15.0 thread installed and flashing your kernel it produced a fault 11 error. Then I flashed the official twrp and the installation on AOSPExtended 8.0 worked just fine.
Could you please elaborate a little bit more what you did to the kernel sources or if there is something special included? Nevertheless: Thank you for contributing!

Best regards

Reactions: Fenix46

spookcity138

Nov 9, 2015
Eindhoven
Hey,
Great to have another developer working on the S5 Mini! I can confirm that the kernel does not boot on 7.x ROMS (Slim7 at least,but I imagine all) I expected this though as my kernel build doesn't boot on Android 8. I can also confirm issues flashing with the Oreo compatible TWRP version. I just recently flashed a test build of TWRP by Ayke and got this same error 11,so I extracted the boot.img and flashed that. I also tried to flash my kernel after yours to get my system back up and also got an error flashing in TWRP,so something has changed there apparently.

Reactions: Fenix46

Fenix46

Nov 7, 2014
Canicatti
Good evening,

at first I had the patched twrp from the LineageOS 15.0 thread installed and flashing your kernel it produced a fault 11 error. Then I flashed the official twrp and the installation on AOSPExtended 8.0 worked just fine.
Could you please elaborate a little bit more what you did to the kernel sources or if there is something special included? Nevertheless: Thank you for contributing!

Best regards

Yep, with official twpr, flash without problem, this error 11 is related to the twpr for Oreo... however, I've add some commit on kernel source, and my work is this, add commit, and update the kernel ;)

Fenix46

Nov 7, 2014
Canicatti
Hey,
Great to have another developer working on the S5 Mini! I can confirm that the kernel does not boot on 7.x ROMS (Slim7 at least,but I imagine all) I expected this though as my kernel build doesn't boot on Android 8. I can also confirm issues flashing with the Oreo compatible TWRP version. I just recently flashed a test build of TWRP by Ayke and got this same error 11,so I extracted the boot.img and flashed that. I also tried to flash my kernel after yours to get my system back up and also got an error flashing in TWRP,so something has changed there apparently.

@spookcity138 thank's for welcome :) However Thannk's again for feed on 7.x rom... this error is related at updater-script.. on Oreo the first line "assert" is not present, so cause this.. but with official twpr flash go fine, I think to change the updater-script if cause another problem :confused::confused:

CHEF-KOCH

Jan 2, 2012
I would't call this development or a kernel which offers something over the stock LOS kernel (that's the reason why no changes are mentioned in the OP - because there none). I only see 1 rename commit. So overall it doesn't change anything which deserves to call it 'your' kernel. This entire repo are upstream commits only. If you only provide such 'development' I highly suggest to work directly on the official kernel and submit pull request instead which then would help everyone and not only people which using this kernel here.

Fenix46

Nov 7, 2014
Canicatti
I would't call this development or a kernel which offers something over the stock LOS kernel (that's the reason why no changes are mentioned in the OP - because there none). I only see 1 rename commit. So overall it doesn't change anything which deserves to call it 'your' kernel. This entire repo are upstream commits only. If you only provide such 'development' I highly suggest to work directly on the official kernel and submit pull request instead which then would help everyone and not only people which using this kernel here.

what changes did you want to find on the kernel? did you see the commit series I added? Do you think the changes are all in the name of who works on the kernel? for those who work on ROMs as @hennymcc or @spookcity138 or other's they can very well take my base and insert it to build the ROM..

CHEF-KOCH

Jan 2, 2012
I expect some changes which improving the kernel e.g. in performance otherwise I stick with the LOS kernel because you 'commit series' I found so far are years old now and pointless in Oreo. I'm not sure what's the point to create an thread when there are seriously no changes, I not deny that you might work on it but that should be mentioned as 'work in process' or something here but since there is no changelog, downloadable release or explanation on this kernel I think I have the right to ask what's going on here.

And just because someone else might contribute to your project doesn't mean this is relevant, as said I checked it and there was no change. I haven't chedckd all branches but master and the asop-8.0 branch was not really what I expected to see when someone announce a kernel. As said earlier I think it would be better to contribute to LOS directly instead of making another kernel.

Please explain or show why someone should use your kernel or in other words - what's wrong with the LOS one?! Thanks.

Fenix46

Nov 7, 2014
Canicatti
I expect some changes which improving the kernel e.g. in performance otherwise I stick with the LOS kernel because you 'commit series' I found so far are years old now and pointless in Oreo. I'm not sure what's the point to create an thread when there are seriously no changes, I not deny that you might work on it but that should be mentioned as 'work in process' or something here but since there is no changelog, downloadable release or explanation on this kernel I think I have the right to ask what's going on here.

And just because someone else might contribute to your project doesn't mean this is relevant, as said I checked it and there was no change. I haven't chedckd all branches but master and the asop-8.0 branch was not really what I expected to see when someone announce a kernel. As said earlier I think it would be better to contribute to LOS directly instead of making another kernel.

Please explain or show why someone should use your kernel or in other words - what's wrong with the LOS one?! Thanks.

What you saw, that you think is old, are needed on Nougat as well, because interfaces better the kernel, with the modules, because our kernel don't have support on kernel Device Three.. and it's just the beginning of this, because my main job will be to reformulate the theard for a rom. Nothing to take away from the kernel LOS, and I did not want to create useless controversies. if you do not want to use this kernel, it does not change anything. however if you look good on the download section, find the zip package to download.

MikeT.

Mar 29, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
Open xda in Browser, under downloads
(look at the middle of my Screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180120-141508.png
    Screenshot_20180120-141508.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 291
Reactions: Fatal_Scythe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lucky-Kernel
    For
    Exynos-Variant's
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * If you dont like this Kernel, Stay away from this thread! 
     */

What to say... I come from Samsung Galaxy Nexus and its development until the beginning of September 2016...
    I did a one-year break from kernel programming, and I came back here for you. To bring you a good kernel for this device that still has a lot to give.
    My work is on kernel source, I add, delete, modifing code, but with a criterion, that everything, must make sense

I consider the kernel as beta, although it is very stable, I will update the kernel when needed, with the necessary security patches, and a few extra grays

Android8.0
    This kernel Boot on 8.0(lineage-buid) but I think also on AOSPExtended rom 8.0 it will Boot..

Android7.1
    EDIT: Don't Boot.. thank's to @spookcity138 for news :)

Good download at all, and let me know your opinion :):)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL] Lucky [O], Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    Fenix46, hennymcc, spookcity138
    Source Code: https://github.com/Fenix46/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2017-11-11

Created 2017-11-11
    Last Updated 2017-11-12
    Good evening,

Best regards
    Hey,
    Open xda in Browser, under downloads
    (look at the middle of my Screenshot)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone