[KERNEL] [March 21] ElementalX G4/G4 Plus 3.01 (Oreo)

Search This thread

kulatrax

May 1, 2014
Hi,
I've rooter my phone to install this kernel as I read it will solve the problem of Mobile network standby battery drain I'm having on my Moto G4 plus. I cannot have 3h of SOT with very low usage. I can only have battery for half of my day.

After installed the Kernel on stock 8.1 ROM, wiped cache/data, the problem still persists. Do you have also the same problem? Is there any ROM I should install to solve this?

Thank you

Jan 31, 2013
Sao Paulo
How to update OTA Stock update, have 3.10.84-ElementalX-G4-3.01 kernel flashed? OPJ28.111-22 XT-1640
Thx

I try restore my boot.img stock, but my G4 have problems with wifi (mac address 02000000 ...) I restore my last backup with Ex kernel, and back to work. And I can't update this.

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
How to update OTA Stock update, have 3.10.84-ElementalX-G4-3.01 kernel flashed? OPJ28.111-22 XT-1640
Thx

I try restore my boot.img stock, but my G4 have problems with wifi (mac address 02000000 ...) I restore my last backup with Ex kernel, and back to work. And I can't update this.

You'll have to flash all the firmware and system files to update. You can do this without losing data. Check these forums for the update downloads and instructions. Get up and running with the factory image, then make backup, and then flash Magisk and ElementalX.

Jan 31, 2013
Sao Paulo
@flar2
A feedback.
After this process, install the update from Oreo, and root with magisk, and install Ex Kernel, sometimes my device restart, using, or not using in the moment. Any idea to solve

Last edited:

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
Edit: after I posted this I decided to try manually flashing the latest ex kernel in twrp after restoring stock Oreo and magisk. I'm now seeing functional WiFi with EX G4 v3.01. So... never mind.

After the most recent ex kernel update, I noticed that my old g4 plus (xt1644) lost wifi. Wifi showed as off, and would not turn on via settings.

I wiped /system, flashed the latest v8.1 stock image, and booted up to verify my WiFi hardware still works with the stock kernel. I then flashed magisk, verified that WiFi still works, then used ex kernel manager to install the latest ex kernel over stock (v3.10.84-ElementalX-G4-3.01). Bye bye WiFi.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

darkglobe87

Apr 28, 2012
Hey all. I appreciate this thread is ancient but...

Moto G4 (XT1622) user here. Currently running Lineageos14.1 by rajatgupta1998. Currently using Elemental 1.11. Have also tried Reviver Kernel.

Basically, I'm fed up. It seems whatever kernel/ROM I use, the phone decides to choose its own settings. Sometimes even if I apply my settings on boot.

I'm using the latest EXKM, purchased (great work @flar2 this is the 4th phone I've used it on. Must say it doesn't do as much for me on this phone but it must be the device itself).

Anyway... Currently using the ROM/kernel combo above. I'm looking at updating to stock Oreo but I'm away from my pc so was gonna use a twrp flashable one, so that I could try elementalx 3.01.

Would I be likely to gain any battery life? I'd like to use lightning blade governor profile as performance wise it's okay. Although I'd have thought that cluster 1 would have up/down threshold values the same as cluster 2? Without entering values manually all 4 cores stay on.

To summarise:
-im trying to improve battery life.
- I love EXKM
- Is there an optimum settings profile for LOS14.1?
- Would I gain anything from upgrading to Oreo and ElementalX 3.01?

Thanks.

Reactions: PapiSaldA

manjaroid

Jun 25, 2019
To summarise:
-im trying to improve battery life.
- I love EXKM
- Is there an optimum settings profile for LOS14.1?
- Would I gain anything from upgrading to Oreo and ElementalX 3.01?

Thanks.
For stock Oreo I don't think you'll be disappointed in ElementalX and its preset governor profiles in EXKM. If you favor battery over performance, EX's battery saver profile ought to be enough. With my G4 Plus I got very good results with a profile called Stinger (find it in the @athene_stuffs Telegram group).

I think getting CPU/GPU kernel manager tweaks to stick after reboots are tricky with any kernel. Eventually they'll hold given enough time and regular use, just keep in mind system controlled frequencies usually take precedence and we rarely have total control, especially with cluster 2 if there's any over-clocking.

keval3492

Apr 14, 2016
Samsung Galaxy M51
Tnx for reply and i have already done it now wifi is working .

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

@flar2 I would like to inform you that. I just play this one game, The game name is mobile legend bang bang. The problem is i can't play without my stock kernel stock LineageOS kernel or vegito. Without stock kernel or vegito kernel it's lag too much.Can you please look at this subject on your kernel what's the different... :)
Hey Sam problem is with me ,can you tell how to do that ?

keval3492

Apr 14, 2016
Samsung Galaxy M51
Ok 2 days ago I flash element x kernel over stock Oreo and root it ,before that I have back up of boot ,but then I revert back on stock kernel by unroot my mobile and flash stock kernel ,so I found that I can't do hotspot option and no wifi option . So how to solve that ??

PapiSaldA

May 7, 2018
Huancayo
Hi everybody please help me, recently I get an G4 PLUS 4GB/64GB, Android 7, patch 01.04.2018, compilation # NPJS25.93-14.7-8.
I would like to update to ElementalX-G4-3.01 (Android 8.1), but i dont if my SP is compatible also i dowloaded the file but this just size 9MB, am i avoiding something?? please help me

manjaroid

Jun 25, 2019
Hi everybody please help me, recently I get an G4 PLUS 4GB/64GB, Android 7, patch 01.04.2018, compilation # NPJS25.93-14.7-8.
I would like to update to ElementalX-G4-3.01 (Android 8.1), but i dont if my SP is compatible also i dowloaded the file but this just size 9MB, am i avoiding something?? please help me
It sounds like you don't understand the process.

First you should upgrade to Oreo 8.1, preferably Motorola's official OTA update because that's the easiest way. Once 8.1 is running there are more steps to take for installing a custom kernel and benefiting from it.

- unlock the bootloader
- install TWRP custom recovery
- flash ElementalX with TWRP
- flash Magisk with TWRP
- purchase and install EX Kernel Manager

The first four steps involve many details you should study before trying. Everything you need to know is covered in XDA Moto G4 forums. If you are not comfortable with English speaking tech sites there's no shortage of Moto G4 tutorials from other countries.

PapiSaldA

May 7, 2018
Huancayo
It sounds like you don't understand the process.

First you should upgrade to Oreo 8.1, preferably Motorola's official OTA update because that's the easiest way. Once 8.1 is running there are more steps to take for installing a custom kernel and benefiting from it.

- unlock the bootloader
- install TWRP custom recovery
- flash ElementalX with TWRP
- flash Magisk with TWRP
- purchase and install EX Kernel Manager

The first four steps involve many details you should study before trying. Everything you need to know is covered in XDA Moto G4 forums. If you are not comfortable with English speaking tech sites there's no shortage of Moto G4 tutorials from other countries.

The problem is I cant update my g4plus through OTA, it give me the message, "your devide is updated " but i havo android 7, is there another way to update to android 8.1 stock???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Moto G4 and G4 Plus
    p2214177205-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Easy installation and setup with Aroma installer
    • Fingerprint sensor as home button
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Block wakelocks
    • Rootable
    • Sound control
    • Overclock or underclock CPU
    • NTFS r/w support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • advanced color control
    • performance and power optimizations
    • upstream ZRAM with lz4 compression
    • KSM enabled
    • brighter HBM
    • adjust or disable vibration
    • FIOPS i/o scheduler
    • Does not modify system partition
    • Does not overwrite modules
    • Compatible with systemless root

Installation

1. Flash in recovery

For maximum compatibility with all ROMs, ElementalX uses your existing ramdisk.

Notes

This works on both the G4 and the G4 Plus but NOT the G4 Play.

Flashing this does not modify your system partition, only the boot.img. Back up your stock boot.img in recovery or with an app and you can easily restore it if you want to return to stock or install OTAs.

EX Kernel Manager
    can be used to configure settings and install or update the kernel.

You can also use my free app Button Mapper to customize the actions of the fingerprint sensor if you have the G4 Plus

Google+ Community

Download

Stock Android 8.1.0 Oreo
    ElementalX-G4-3.01

Stock Android 7.0
    ElementalX-G4-2.01

LineageOS-based Android 7..1.1/7.1.2
    ElementalX-G4-1.11-LOS

Stock Android 6.0.1
    ElementalX-G4-0.07

CM-based Android 6.0.1
    ElementalX-G4-0.07-cm

Source code
    https://github.com/flar2/kernel-msm

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-G4, Kernel for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/kernel-msm

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2016-07-24
    Last Updated 2019-03-21
    Reserved

0.02:
    -build optimizations (linaro 4.9 -O2)
    -headphone gain control

0.01:
    -Fingerprint sensor as home button
    -Sweep2sleep
    -Overclock or underclock CPU
    -NTFS r/w support
    -Option to disable fsync
    -advanced color control
    -performance and power optimizations
    -upstream ZRAM with lz4 compression
    -KSM enabled
    -brighter HBM
    -adjust or disable vibration
    -FIOPS i/o scheduler
    Update!!!

LineageOS-based 7.1.1/7.1.2
    ElementalX-G4-1.06-LOS

Changes:
    -LineageOS updates
    Update!!!

Big update for the latest stock ROM NPJS25

You can root with this kernel

Please check out EX Kernel Manager for all tweaking and adjustments. With this kernel update I've added the ability to block any wakelock with EXKM.

Stock ROM
    ElementalX-G4-2.00

Changes:
    -rebase on NPJS25-93-14
    -block any wakelock
    Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate Christmas, and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate other traditions at this time of year.

Thanks to everyone here for a great year of development. I'm hoping to get back to work on this device soon, so hold on.