[KERNEL] [March 21] ElementalX G4/G4 Plus 3.01 (Oreo)

Search This thread

manjaroid

Jun 25, 2019
The problem is I cant update my g4plus through OTA, it give me the message, "your devide is updated " but i havo android 7, is there another way to update to android 8.1 stock???
The links below point to three different ways to install Oreo 8.1. Post any questions you have in the appropriate forum.

But first you might try a factory reset in the settings menu. This may trigger the official update to 8.1.

You'll need a USB cable connection between the phone and a computer with Android Platform Tools (fastboot and adb). There are several unofficial TWRP versions to chose from if you go that route. I suggest starting out with the official release from twrp.me.

Tip: If passing SafetyNet checks and Play Store certification matters to you, install build OPJ28.111-22 instead of the newer OPJ28.111-22-1 build. '22' passes where as '22-1' does not, although there's a workaround if you decide to root the phone with Magisk.

This OTA patch can be installed manually to upgrade Nougat to Oreo.
https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/guide-moto-g4-g4-oreo-soak-test-update-t3871136

Your build is NPJS25.93-14.7-8 which is older than NPJS25.93-14-18 mentioned for use with the OTA patch. I don't know if your Nougat build is new enough for this method to work but it doesn't hurt to ask in the forum.

Flashing the full fastboot ROM does not require an unlocked bootloader.
https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138

There's also a TWRP flashable ROM. This is the easiest and fastest method but requires an unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery.
https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/development/rom-oreo-8-1-0-soak-test-t3873367

Reactions: PapiSaldA

PapiSaldA

May 7, 2018
Huancayo
The links below point to three different ways to install Oreo 8.1. Post any questions you have in the appropriate forum.

But first you might try a factory reset in the settings menu. This may trigger the official update to 8.1.

You'll need a USB cable connection between the phone and a computer with Android Platform Tools (fastboot and adb). There are several unofficial TWRP versions to chose from if you go that route. I suggest starting out with the official release from twrp.me.

Tip: If passing SafetyNet checks and Play Store certification matters to you, install build OPJ28.111-22 instead of the newer OPJ28.111-22-1 build. '22' passes where as '22-1' does not, although there's a workaround if you decide to root the phone with Magisk.

This OTA patch can be installed manually to upgrade Nougat to Oreo.
https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/guide-moto-g4-g4-oreo-soak-test-update-t3871136

Your build is NPJS25.93-14.7-8 which is older than NPJS25.93-14-18 mentioned for use with the OTA patch. I don't know if your Nougat build is new enough for this method to work but it doesn't hurt to ask in the forum.

Flashing the full fastboot ROM does not require an unlocked bootloader.
https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/stock-rom-npjs25-93-14-4-march-1-t3608138

There's also a TWRP flashable ROM. This is the easiest and fastest method but requires an unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery.
https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/development/rom-oreo-8-1-0-soak-test-t3873367

Thanks for your answers, I've already installed Oreo 8.1 now I'm gonna install TWRP and MAGISK, give me an advice, I want to balance my cellphone to make it smooter and to improve the battery, i dont care about games, what i can do right now, install another rom? or is this kernel better?

manjaroid

Jun 25, 2019
Back in the days of Nougat there were problems with these phones boot looping if they were rooted before installing a custom kernel. It may not be an issue with Oreo but either way, flashing ElementalX first and installing Magisk second usually worked fine with stock Oreo.

But... that was back when Magisk was a flashable zip before the newer apk releases got trickier. You might try an older zip package like v21.4 (or earlier) along with Magisk Manager released around the same time (v8.0.7?).

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Redmi Note 8
Back in the days of Nougat there were problems with these phones boot looping if they were rooted before installing a custom kernel. It may not be an issue with Oreo but either way, flashing ElementalX first and installing Magisk second usually worked fine with stock Oreo.

But... that was back when Magisk was a flashable zip before the newer apk releases got trickier. You might try an older zip package like v21.4 (or earlier) along with Magisk Manager released around the same time (v8.0.7?).
It's curious, an month ago i did it and it worked but on bootlogo, some text appears, it doesn't do anything but i want to know if there is an way to disable that text on stock oreo

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
It's curious, an month ago i did it and it worked but on bootlogo, some text appears, it doesn't do anything but i want to know if there is an way to disable that text on stock oreo
Yes. You can go to the mods thread and replace the logo.bin via fastboot. Gets rid of that text.

Also, custom kernel (elemental x) is still necessary to root stock rom.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Redmi Note 8
Yes. You can go to the mods thread and replace the logo.bin via fastboot. Gets rid of that text.

Also, custom kernel (elemental x) is still necessary to root stock rom.
I see, sadly, text still appears for some reason, i tried to flash many logo images but text still appears, also, if i flash again stock oreo rom, i get an bad key or key text if i don't root stock rom for some reason, i have bootloader unlocked

D

Deleted member 9636854

Do a clean flash with stock, means wipe everything.
Install elemental x next
Install Magisk as a zip next
Flash boot logo (try until you find what you like - I use 934v41 from XDA and have no issues)

Kauã Cândido

Mar 4, 2019
Hey. i don't know if this is the right topic but i need help with a moto g4 plus rooted with the latest version of magisk and with the latest version of android stock 8.1. I try to adjust the clock of my processor to the maximum supported and after 1 second, the clock drops, leaving the device extremely slow. I've tried everything, including reinstalling android and the kernel and it didn't help. I installed the latest kernel version available for the g4 plus. (I do not speak fluent english. Sorry for any handwriting errors. 😉)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220326-110714.png
    Screenshot_20220326-110714.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Moto G4 and G4 Plus
    p2214177205-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Easy installation and setup with Aroma installer
    • Fingerprint sensor as home button
    • Sweep2sleep
    • Block wakelocks
    • Rootable
    • Sound control
    • Overclock or underclock CPU
    • NTFS r/w support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • advanced color control
    • performance and power optimizations
    • upstream ZRAM with lz4 compression
    • KSM enabled
    • brighter HBM
    • adjust or disable vibration
    • FIOPS i/o scheduler
    • Does not modify system partition
    • Does not overwrite modules
    • Compatible with systemless root

Installation

1. Flash in recovery

For maximum compatibility with all ROMs, ElementalX uses your existing ramdisk.

Notes

This works on both the G4 and the G4 Plus but NOT the G4 Play.

Flashing this does not modify your system partition, only the boot.img. Back up your stock boot.img in recovery or with an app and you can easily restore it if you want to return to stock or install OTAs.

EX Kernel Manager
    can be used to configure settings and install or update the kernel.

You can also use my free app Button Mapper to customize the actions of the fingerprint sensor if you have the G4 Plus

Google+ Community

Download

Stock Android 8.1.0 Oreo
    ElementalX-G4-3.01

Stock Android 7.0
    ElementalX-G4-2.01

LineageOS-based Android 7..1.1/7.1.2
    ElementalX-G4-1.11-LOS

Stock Android 6.0.1
    ElementalX-G4-0.07

CM-based Android 6.0.1
    ElementalX-G4-0.07-cm

Source code
    https://github.com/flar2/kernel-msm

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-G4, Kernel for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/kernel-msm

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2016-07-24
    Last Updated 2019-03-21
    Reserved

0.02:
    -build optimizations (linaro 4.9 -O2)
    -headphone gain control

0.01:
    -Fingerprint sensor as home button
    -Sweep2sleep
    -Overclock or underclock CPU
    -NTFS r/w support
    -Option to disable fsync
    -advanced color control
    -performance and power optimizations
    -upstream ZRAM with lz4 compression
    -KSM enabled
    -brighter HBM
    -adjust or disable vibration
    -FIOPS i/o scheduler
    Update!!!

LineageOS-based 7.1.1/7.1.2
    ElementalX-G4-1.06-LOS

Changes:
    -LineageOS updates
    Update!!!

Big update for the latest stock ROM NPJS25

You can root with this kernel

Please check out EX Kernel Manager for all tweaking and adjustments. With this kernel update I've added the ability to block any wakelock with EXKM.

Stock ROM
    ElementalX-G4-2.00

Changes:
    -rebase on NPJS25-93-14
    -block any wakelock
    Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate Christmas, and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate other traditions at this time of year.

Thanks to everyone here for a great year of development. I'm hoping to get back to work on this device soon, so hold on.