[KERNEL][MiA1] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r13 - 15th November - Stock, custom roms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamingDevilsCC

May 9, 2015
Canada
That's odd. I think you may be correct. It reverted back to my original mac address from before I flashed the previous kernel I was using. I saw it from an old entry in my router's config page. :)

By the way. Did you do something to make the device boot faster or am I just experiencing a placebo effect of sorts?
If I'm not mistaken, I believe you are correct looking at this commit. I'm assuming it works similarly to Windows 10 fast startup. :)

Reactions: oreo27

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
That's odd. I think you may be correct. It reverted back to my original mac address from before I flashed the previous kernel I was using. I saw it from an old entry in my router's config page. :)

By the way. Did you do something to make the device boot faster or am I just experiencing a placebo effect of sorts?
I don't recall having done anything for faster boot.

oreo27

Sep 24, 2012
If I'm not mistaken, I believe you are correct looking at this commit. I'm assuming it works similarly to Windows 10 fast startup. :)
Makes sense. I wonder how one can force a hard restart?

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

I don't recall having done anything for faster boot.
Placebo effect it is. Well, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Magisk as well so that may have helped. Thanks for the Kernel!

hulicow

Aug 24, 2013
Sir @franciscofranco I had a bootloop upon flashing your kernel. Here are my steps:

1. Dirty flash fastboot rom using V9.5.9.0.ODHMIFA (Android O) from http://en.miui.com/download-333.html via MiFlash (save user data).
2. Boot to bootloader, fastboot oem unlock
3. Boot latest twrp recovery, fastboot boot recovery-3.2.1-2-oreo.img
4. Switch to system_b, then boot again to recovery by all means.
5. Flash franco Kernel.
6. Flash latest Magisk beta, 16.3.

Am I doing it wrong? Thanks sir.

Last edited:

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Sir @franciscofranco I had a bootloop upon flashing your kernel. Here are my steps:

1. Dirty flash fastboot rom using V9.5.9.0.ODHMIFA (Android O) from http://en.miui.com/download-333.html via MiFlash (save user data).
4. Switch to system_b, then boot again to recovery.
5. Flash franco Kernel.

You don't need to switch to system_b... also flash Magisk before flashing FK.

i04055

Jan 15, 2011

4. Switch to system_b, then boot again to recovery.
5. Flash franco Kernel.

You shoul flash magisk first before the kernel....

oreo27

Sep 24, 2012
so if dirty flash with twrp can not?
As long as the dirty flash involves flashing boot, system and modem, it should be okay.

Great work! How to flash this kernel if on any other custom kernel??
I would flash it like so:

1. Dirty flash current fastboot ROM through MiFlash, fastboot or TWRP.
2. Boot to TWRP > Install TWRP Zip > Reboot to recovery.
3. Flash Magisk > Flash Franco Kernel > Reboot

asrupesh

Apr 16, 2011
Chennai
1. Do we really need to flash Magisk, I dont want to root my phone... Just want use your Kernel

2. Why many custom roms also want to flash Magisk (Compulsory) . Can anyone explain?

manan001

Sep 16, 2011
Ahmedabad
mananbhatt86.blogspot.in
Not supported by stock so it's unlikely.
First of all thank you The Great Franco for supporting MIA1.

Bro for stock kernel it dpes support double tap to wake . You can find the commit and source of implementation here it will be great if you can spare some time for this implementation

Link below of stock kernel having double tap to wake implement and working well..
https://github.com/ghpranav/MetaPhoenix_tissot

joeyhuab

Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2012
Antipolo
evolution-x.org
1. Do we really need to flash Magisk, I dont want to root my phone... Just want use your Kernel

2. Why many custom roms also want to flash Magisk (Compulsory) . Can anyone explain?
1. Why use a custom kernel if you won't root it to set tweaks/changes to the kernel itself? What's the point?
2. Why use a custom ROM if you won't root it? Stick to Stock ROM if you don't want root..
First of all thank you The Great Franco for supporting MIA1.

Bro for stock kernel it dpes support double tap to wake . You can find the commit and source of implementation here it will be great if you can spare some time for this implementation

Link below of stock kernel having double tap to wake implement and working well..
https://github.com/ghpranav/MetaPhoenix_tissot
That's not the Stock Mi A1 kernel. That's a custom kernel called MetaPhoenix.

Gshrestha

Mar 5, 2015
Kathmandu
(If) Most probably a noob question ! :) ( Sorry initially :) )
I was wondering : We could flash twrp without root , likewise , if kernel could be flashed without root ( supposing we wont root our phone but still have your kernel in our stock rom ! )
Or is it that after kernel is flashed , the phone is rooted itself !!:confused: ( Its because , I am on stock rom ,and haven't faced such annoying bugs as other people mention , however not much satisfied with the battery backup though , Also , I was thinking of not rooting the phone until android P :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.