[KERNEL][MM][DRM FIX] EliteKernel v3.4.113 [UB][POLL]

Want the new kernel made from scratch public for users??

• Total voters
Search This thread

Hafyzy

Reactions: Ahmed Ismael

ShadowElite

Jun 11, 2014
EliteKernel v3.4.113 update

I want to apologize to all users for the long wait, the project to get a stable update to the linux 3.4.113 kernel took a long time because very strange bugs appeared.
About exfat support:
The update broke the exfat module. Sony uses a third-party module to support exfat, which generates kernel panic when updating. I am working on recovering this function, thanks for your understanding.
I hope you enjoy the update, I will update the kernel soon with OC support, undervolt support, kcal support, sexy led patch and maybe more, thanks.

Alt80

Mar 11, 2016
Hello, nice to know that there's another new kernel from you!
Heading to fry this kernel on my Z2s, btw is there any F2FS support in it? Thank you

AzraelX

Nov 19, 2016
Colombo
Hi. I'm using the latest elite kernel along with existenz. Device is little bit laggy in certain situations like as soon as Wifi turn on. :(
Any methods to prevent this?

The Sage

Aug 16, 2016
For some reason, flashing this kernel makes me unable to mount /system partition..
is there a workaround for this ?

ShadowElite

Jun 11, 2014
For some reason, flashing this kernel makes me unable to mount /system partition..
is there a workaround for this ?
Can you explain me the problem?? Contact me on telegram with all details: ShadowElite117v2

Please update to new version with support kcal.. Tnx
The update is comming soon, Im just polishing some details and a surprise for users with TA backup...
Also I know that some days ago I said that the update is comming, I just had a hard days, my eyes suffered for the hours spent in front of the screen, so I had to take a good rest, thank you users for your understanding and wait.

blacknight153

Feb 17, 2018
Cairo
looking for custom kernal for AICP 14

so i installed AICP 14 but i am stuck with its kernel its ok but on stock rom i used to have elite kernel which was very nice to use great job btw but can i use it with AICP 14 ?? and would it bug the camera like RZ Kernel did ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Elite Kernel

Unleash the beast
    for Xperia Z2/Z2a
    First of all, I have spent a lot of hours on this project, trying to obtain the true power of this great device.
    This Kernel is designed for optimize battery life and give more performance than stock kernel.

Features
    • Based on lastest sources, 23.5.A.1.291
    • DRM injection inside the Zip, you don't need flash DRM Fix, just kernel
    • OC up to 2,7Ghz
    • UC for better battery life
    • Optimized voltage tables and voltage control
    • Thunderplug v5.4, a load based hotplug and optimized for multi-core devices and it is very battery friendly with a great performance
    • IntelliThermal v2, a custom thermal control better than stock one
    • GPU overclock up to 657Mhz
    • Kcal control
    • More I/O schedulers like FIOPS, Zen, VR, BFQ...
    • init.d support
    • Power suspend driver v1.5
    • Build with UBERTC 4.9 and some optimizations
    • More stuff that I don't remember

ToDo
    • Add more governors
    • Share interactive governor tuned settings for battery and performance
    • More GPU optimizations
    • F2FS support
    • More battery life optimizations
    • Maybe Quick Chargue 2.0 support.
    • Maybe sound optimizations

Installation
    1. Install my lastest TWRP (go here)
    2. Make a backup of the partition System (MUST DO, because the kernel change some modules on system)
    3. Select a version according to your needs. (See below)

• If you have a TA partition backup:
      1. Download EliteKernelZ2-(current version).zip and extract the boot.img on your pc.
      2. Use the ta_poc tool by munjeni with your TA partition backup.
      3. Rename the new_boot.img to boot.img and replace it on the EliteKernelZ2-(current version).zip
      4. Boot on FOTAKernel recovery, with the phone power off, press at the same time power key and vol- until the phone vibrates.
      5. Flash your EliteKernelZ2-(current version).zip with the boot.img patched.
      6. Enjoy!
    • If you don't have a TA partition backup (so you need DRM FIX):
      1. Boot on FOTAKernel recovery, with the phone power off, press at the same time power key and vol- until the phone vibrates.
      2. Flash EliteKernelZ2_D-(current version).zip
      3. Enjoy!

Usage with eXistenZ 5.6.5 and Magisk
    1. eXistenZ 5.6.5 includes a TWRP recovery inside the rom, and we don't need it since we have some options for recovery here, so for remove it download this file and flash it on recovery.
    2. eXistenZ 5.6.5 also includes SuperSU on the rom and for correclty install magisk we need to remove it, so first of all update the SuperSU app on the Play Store, after go to the app and on settings there is an option for uninstall SuperSU and unroot the System, so tap it (Sometimes if it takes more of 3 mins, close the app and do it again), after that reboot the phone and done, SuperSU uninstalled.
      Now the installation/upgrade of magisk using my kernel.
    3. Download the lastest magisk zip and magisk uninstaller zip here, put they on SD card.
    4. Reboot on recovery, uninstall magisk with the uninstaller zip if you have it, flash the kernel zip, flash magisk and reboot to system, and done, enjoy magisk.

Download
    Z2
    Z2a (Comming... NO ETA)

Credits
    @AndroPlus
    @Myself5
    @DooMLoRD
    @pec0ra
    @dorimanx
    @faux123
    @Doom Slayer a lot of thanks to this great dev
    @dontbelive great dev and my Z3 tester
    @BlackSoulxxx
    @savoca

Source
    https://github.com/ShadowElite117/Xperia-Z2-Z3
    Changelog
    • v1
    • v2
      • Based on new 23.5.A.1.291 sources
    • v3
      • Added missing conservative GPU Governor
      • Added Simple GPU algorithm
      • Added Adreno idler for battery saving
      • Added Fauxsound v3.6
      • More optimizations
      • Maybe Z3 boot screen, I can't confirm
    • v3.4.13
      • Kernel made from scratch, so no special features for now (Sorry guys I do this for a better kernel).
      • Implemented last_kmsg for a correct bug report.
      • Updated linux kernel version from 3.4.0 to 3.4.13 (Correclty done and free of strange bugs).
      • QC 2.0 enabled (don't expect miracles, it is limited on Z2 so it works with some QC 2.0 chargers)
      • Full compatibility with Magisk, eXistenZ and ta_poc tool.
    • v3.4.33
      • Updated linux kernel version from 3.4.13 to 3.4.33.
      • Enabled a kernel flag for try to enable Assertive Display on Z2 (It just give me logs that help me to know what is happening).
      • Dropped TWRP inside the kernel, since I have build newest TWRP for Sirus, for FOTAKernel partition. It has more features and it is more bug free than recovery inside the kernel.
    • v3.4.113
      • Updated linux kernel version from 3.4.33 to 3.4.113 (Finally, this took a lot of time and effort).
      • Improved init.d support implementation. (maybe impoved boot time)
      • No exfat support (not tested)
    FAQs
    How to report a bug?
    Give me a last_kmsg, current version of the kernel and your rom.
    Can I flash over Abricot v8.1?
    It seems that flash over Abricot creates bugs and bootloops so make a clean install and enjoy my work
    Note:I'm not going to support any user that don't make a clean installation

Now you can contact me at Telegram: #ShadowElite117, easy way to find me fast.
    Status

After a lot of time without my Z2 the ''oficial'' technical service of Sony on Colombia give me warranty for the battery that they put on my Z2 and what is?? Another fake battery, so I called Sony and surprise: the company that they had certified to do technical service for mobiles is other and the one that is on his official website is just for TVs, Cameras and stuff like that.
    Currently I'm on first weeks of semester so I don't have much time to work on kernel but I want to work on it and add a lot of stuff that I have on mind as:
    • Upgrade from 3.4.113 (done at 99%).
    • Add more governors and I/O schedulers.
    • Add more hotplugs.
    • Full compatibility with Magisk (currently done) also Existenz + EliteKernel + Magisk.
    • Make 2 versions, one for the people that don't have a backup of the TA partition and the other ready to use with the TA poc tool.
    • Add F2FS support (This one will take a loot time since I need to sync it with the stable F2FS code).
    • Kexec-Hardboot support (This one was hard since it make some bugs as no working WiFi).
    • QC 2.0 support (I think I have done it, it seems to work but only with the official QC 2.0 from sony, UCH10 if I'm not wrong).
    • And more stuff underhood...
    • Also make public a version of Existenz 5.6.5 compatible with Z2a (So it make possible to install the 23.5.A.1.291 upgrade that Sony never made for Z2a).
    I have a lot of things on mind...
    Don't forget that developers are also humans, that have personal life and make this things for free and using his personal time to this great community.
    This project is not abandoned.
    Oh also see the screenshoots of my awesome new and no fake battery that give me 1 hour of SOT
    Info for users:
    Well I will have my last exam the next Tuesday and I will have 2 months of holiday, so it is time to work on this project that I love, it will take time to restore my work since I lost my linux partition on pc and I lost all data on this partition.
    First I want to give the most optimized kernel for stock and also multirom support for test lineage os 14.1 that now looks fine, and start a custom kernel for 14.1
    Thanks dear users, you make this possible.
    Ok guys finally a new update, as I said before the kernel is made from scratch, so no much features for now (I will add OC, UV, hotplugs, governors, schedulers... after), first I want a stable 3.4.113 kernel (and free of bugs like instagram or facebook bootloop bug) for add stuff, the next updates just will be the kernel linux upgrade by 10 patches until we go to 3.4.113, after that the objetive is add the cool stuff that you like and more. Enjoy it, and give me your feedback.
    EDIT: I forget to say that now all of you can contact me on Telegram: #ShadowElite117.