This kernel concerns LG G4 (both H815/International and H811/T-Mobile) versions only
You will void your warranty after flashing this kernel
I'am not responsible of any damage caused to your device after flashing this kernel
Here I go again from Samsung, but now to LG adventure!
SimpleGX is only looking for simplicity and stability, trying to aim for best battery life, smoothness and performance experience, than a pure stock kernel.
It has been mostly designed for people who like "flash-and-play" kernels (you flash and you can directly enjoy, without doing customizing anything to get the best battery life and smoothness experience possible), that is how I always liked things.
This kernel will never implement experimental things to stay as close as possible as stock and avoid bugs like many other kernels. Choice is large in H815 kernels, but I wans't personally enough satisfied after testing all of them, so I decided to make mine for my personal use first, and share it to the community.
Keep in mind I still dont qualify myself as of a real developer, but just a basic person with some android/linux knowledge already.
As always, I'm enjoying sharing my contribution here on XDA for free, which taking me a lot of (my free) time to test before releasing (my device has already been a lot tortured to release this kernel) so, if you can offer me a little beer, it will be really appreciated!
This kernel must be only flashed over an official LG ROM and not AOSP/AOKP (like CyanogenMod, etc) !
Feel free to include my kernel to your ROMs / Threads but please don't forget to inform/ask first via PM and credit me in your original thread.
★ WHAT TO EXPECT ★ :
- Better battery life and overall performance experience
- Trying to include only efficient (but not so much experimental) tweaks
- Stay as close as possible from pure stock source
★ FEATURES (up-to-date) ★ :
- Directly based from latest available "LGH815_Android_Marshmallow_V20j" Android 6.0 source from LG (for clean work and stability)
- Compiled with UBER-TC (4.9.4 / 2017-01-15 / aarch64-linux-android) toolchain with optimization flags
- Ramdisk from 20g stock kernel
- Stock Linux 3.10.84
- Auto install SuperSU 2.79 SR3
- Auto install BusyBox 1.26.2
- Native ExFAT support
- FIOPS scheduler added
- noop as default I/O scheduler
- Optimized other stock schedulers for SSD's
- All TCP congestion control modules activated with Westwood currently as default
- SElinux set to "Permissive"
- Stock ZRAM enabled (may be configurable with scripts provded in downloads section)
- Logd disabled
- init.d support
- USB fast charge (but disabled as default)
- KCAL post-processing driver
- DriveDroid support
- Dual-boot ready
- All yet QuadRooter vulnerabilities fixed
- Some miscellaneous tweaks, fix and patches to improve overall smoothness and battery life experience
- ... and (maybe?) more to come !
- Full changes to be discovered directly in my Github source below
Features that will NEVER be included in this kernel :
- Any CPU/GPU overclocking / undervolting
- Adreno idler
- Any upgrade of Linux kernel 3.10.x
- Dual-Boot Sammy/AOSP
- CyanogenMod compatibility
- MIUI compatibility
- Any integrated pre-settings scripts (kernel will always stay with stock values)
★ PREREQUISITE ★ :
- An unlocked Bootloader
- A Marshmallow LG firmware (H815-20X - X means A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/L, etc)
- A custom recovery (TWRP recommanded), to flash the kernel
- Optional : to control some kernel tweaks, you can install Kernel Adiutor)
★ SOURCE (up-to-date) ★ :
★ INSTALLATION PROCEDURE ★ :
★ FAQ ★ :
- Can I install this kernel into my actual ROM/Firmware ?
As long as you run any Marshmallow firmware, it should be compatible. For your information, in the zip name, "X" means firmwares A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/L, etc.
- What is the difference between H815 and H811 versions ?
If your LG G4 is the International version then it's called H815, if it's the T-Mobile version then it's H811. Both worlds are compatible with this kernel. Please download the right version corresponding your device. The difference between the two builds are just the respective defconfigs for each devices.
- I checked into system info and can still see "3.10.83", is this normal ?
It's because I don't upgrade stock linux 3.10.83 and system info only show this information. To see if you flashed kernel properly, please check with Kernel Adiutor (into kernel version), or CPUSpy, etc.
- I'm feeling some weird battery drain, how can I fix this ?
Try THIS tips, it should do the trick.
★ for H815 ★
★ for H811 ★
★ ZRAM scripts ★
/!\ BEWARE TO SELECT THE RIGHT VERSION THAT CORRESPONDS YOUR G4 /!\
/!\ CHECK MD5 BEFORE FLASHING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED /!\
/!\ PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY DOWNLOADS /!\
Need supports ? all kind of questions must be posted on this thread directly. Be sure to read at least completely this first post before asking any question.
If you enjoy this kernel, don't forget to rate this threadstars, and clicking the 'thanks' button (right below) is always appreciated to keep this thread maintained
If you enjoy this kernel, don't forget to rate this thread
210 KB Views: 18,376
243.8 KB Views: 17,596
201.7 KB Views: 17,147
133.5 KB Views: 14,357
185.9 KB Views: 14,105
205.8 KB Views: 6,764