• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] Modified Stock Kernel [init.d/bootanimation]

Search This thread

crybert

Oct 15, 2011
Hey Guys,
here is the stock kernel from XXKQ7 including init.d and custom bootanimation support.

Root and Busybox needed

HOW-TO

1. Download one of the following zips
2. Put the zip on your internal SDCard
3. Shut down your phone
4. Go into Recovery-Mode: First power off your Phone, then hold Power + VolumeUp. Release the two buttons 3 seconds after the samsung logo is shown.
5. "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from internal sdcard" -> "stockkernel_init.d_bootanimation_KQ7"
6. Reboot your phone

Downloads

KQE Kernel

KQB Kernel

KQ7 Kernel

Further Instructions

1. Create /system/etc/init.d place some script in it or flash any other init.d script package

2. To change the bootanimation place your favorited sanim.zip in /system/media/

After that you can flash Thunderbolt or AdrenalineShot and use their advantages.

Please give some Feedback it is working correctly because im really new to this stuff. I have a GT-I9001 and at the moment everything seems to run as it should. I had no bootloops as it sometimes was the case with FeaMod or N00b.

Last edited:

valenti9

Nov 26, 2011
Melaka
Nice, been looking all over for stock kernel..How its prforming? Im currently on latest feacore, with batt drain all the time. Can u post ur batt stats pic?Would love to have usable phone than some short lived super fast phone..

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
can i use it on another phone???

I'm soooo tempted to say yes... but dude, the answer really is NO WAY MAN (unless you want a device which can only be used for throwing in your neighbors windows)

For the ones that want to automate uploading boot.img, here's a batchfile (untested). Just use attached, drag your boot.img ontop of it and ready it is...

Code:
for %%i in (%1) do set onlyfilename=%%~nxi
adb push %1 /sdcard/%onlyfilename%

adb -d remount
adb -d shell dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
adb -d remount

echo all ok? 
echo rebooting...press a key to continue...
pause >nul

adb -d reboot
pause

Attachments

• Install-Boot.img.cmd.zip
    348 bytes · Views: 96

chasemyass

Dec 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hey Guys,
I cooked this Kernel with dsixda's Android Kitchen because I wanted a stock kernel with init.d. So here it is.

Root and Busybox needed.

How-To with TerminalEmulator
1. Download boot.img here
2. Place boot.img on your SD-Card
3. Download TerminalEmulator from Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=jackpal.androidterm
4. Run TerminalEmulator and type:

Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
reboot

How-To with adb
1. Download boot.img here
2. Place boot.img on your SD-Card
3. Connect your Phone to your PC with the USB-cable (USB-Debugging has to be enabled)
4. Download adb-tools on your PC and extract the files to C:/adb
5. Run cmd on your PC and type
Code:
cd c:/adb
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
reboot

After that you can flash Thunderbolt or AdrenalineShot and use their advantages.

Please give some Feedback it is working correctly because im really new to this stuff. I have a GT-I9001 and at the moment everything seems to run as it should. I had no bootloops as it sometimes was the case with FeaMod or N00b.

hmm I can install this over your ROM ?

G

GuestK00250

what is 'vbus_wake_lock', 'msm_otg' and 'usb_bus_active'?
this 3 kernal are the huge cause of my wakelock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,
    here is the stock kernel from XXKQ7 including init.d and custom bootanimation support.

Root and Busybox needed

HOW-TO

1. Download one of the following zips
    2. Put the zip on your internal SDCard
    3. Shut down your phone
    4. Go into Recovery-Mode: First power off your Phone, then hold Power + VolumeUp. Release the two buttons 3 seconds after the samsung logo is shown.
    5. "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from internal sdcard" -> "stockkernel_init.d_bootanimation_KQ7"
    6. Reboot your phone

Downloads

KQE Kernel

KQB Kernel

KQ7 Kernel

Further Instructions

1. Create /system/etc/init.d place some script in it or flash any other init.d script package

2. To change the bootanimation place your favorited sanim.zip in /system/media/

Here it is. Plaese report if everything is working. Then I will set it in the first thread.

Installation
    Flash it with FeaModRecovery
    Updated the first post.
    umm how d0 i explain.............
    See,the kernel has various parts.When the device exits from sleep mode,a no. of processes related to 'wakelock' (by definition) occur.These are a few of them.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...8m0Bzpg9nO0Hvx1lA&sig2=E54XpUYw_6VueN7iR1wB8A
    uploaded a new version. see first post