• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][N5] Criterion r49 + Profiles [Android 10/11]

Search This thread

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I've pressed the strangely-named "Like" button, although it's not really what I think. What was wrong with the "Thanks" button...? :)
Thank you for all your work this far. Although my N5 is not my daily phone, it's still a backup that I like to keep up-to-date, and part of that was your kernel.
I hope that your decision wasn't prompted by the current XDA climate of "gimme, gimme, gimme" with no recognition of the "thanks" button. Well, I appreciate what you've done for me.
Best regards...

Slmnj

Oct 27, 2018
I've pressed the strangely-named "Like" button, although it's not really what I think. What was wrong with the "Thanks" button...? :)
Thank you for all your work this far. Although my N5 is not my daily phone, it's still a backup that I like to keep up-to-date, and part of that was your kernel.
I hope that your decision wasn't prompted by the current XDA climate of "gimme, gimme, gimme" with no recognition of the "thanks" button. Well, I appreciate what you've done for me.
Best regards...
I assure you that is not the case as I have received enough of support and appreciation from members here. I'm sorry for what I posted a couple of days ago about an impending update. That's all I can say at the moment.

Reactions: dahawthorne

Slmnj

Oct 27, 2018
r47 is up

Compiled using GCC 10.3 from Ubuntu packages
Removed IntelliPlug, AutoSMP, BrickedPlug and MSM Hotplug drivers
Removed Intelliactive and Alucard governors
Removed SIOPlus and Maple I/O schedulers
Removed hard-float, neon and cortex-a15 optimizations
Removed KCAL color control interface
Reverted msm_thermal freqs and workqueue changes
Merged latest commits from z3DD3r's lineage-18.1 branch
Merged some CVE fixes from LineageOS / android_kernel_samsung_msm8974
Configured "elementalx" profile to use stock mpdecision and thermal-engine
Made some improvements to the ramdisk and profiles
Updated to latest AnyKernel3 template

Download

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    r49 is up!

Merged latest commits from z3DD3r's lineage-18.1 branch (except fastcharge)
    Improved ramdisk / profiles
    Updated to latest AnyKernel3 template

Download
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Features:
    • Forked from z3DD3r / android_kernel_lge_hammerhead
    • Latest AnyKernel3 template by osm0sis
    • Blu_active governor and blu_plug driver from blu_spark
    • ElementalX governor from ElementalX kernel
    • Enhanced Interactive governor from Franco Kernel
    • FIOPS and Zen IO schedulers
    • Advanced TCP congestion control
    • Simple GPU governor by Faux
    • CPU boost & Input boost
    • Power-efficient workqueues
    • Custom thermal driver from Franco Kernel
    • DoubleTap2Wake & Sweep2Wake
    • Toggle FSync
    • CPU voltage control
    • USB Fast Charge
    • Faux sound control
    • Gamma color control
    • Cooler color preset
    • Backlight dimmer
    • ZRAM, KSM and Adaptive LMK
    • Block certain wakelocks
    • Minimized kernel debugging

Notes:
    • Compatible with Android 10/11 ROMs only
    • Latest version of Magisk should be installed
    • AnyKernel3 will detect and preserve Magisk
    • Details on profiles are included in 2nd post

Links:

Credits to @z3DD3r, @franciscofranco, @flar2, @osm0sis, @topjohnwu, @eng.stk and several other contributors.
    Criterion-r4
    The Interactive governor underwent a major overhaul. It is now based on the interactive governor from Franco Kernel. I've made some slight improvements to the other CPU governors as well.

Download
    r20 is up! This is an important update!

I started clean with the latest LOS17 base. Which means, the kernel now supports sdFAT and a lot of improvements to bluetooth, net etc. Credits to @z3DD3r.

KCAL color control is removed to allow Live Display to function properly. We can't have both. On the other hand, Gamma display control is still functional.

USB fast charge has been re-implemented. The new implementation is taken from Franco Kernel.

MSM Hotplug is taken from Unicorn-blood kernel instead of Dorimanx. A slight loss of functionality in exchange for reliability.

Electroactive and Lionheart governors are removed. SIOPlus I/O scheduler is replaced with SIO. In future, CPU governors, I/O schedulers, hotplugs etc, will only be added when requested.

This is probably the last time I'm releasing an additional version for PE users (r20x). It is not difficult to release and maintain 2 versions, but I will not encourage using a ROM that has not been updated since last December.

Download
    Criterion-r5
    Added Franco's sound control interface
    Disabled thermal-engine service (thanks to @z3DD3r)
    Updated to latest AnyKernel3

Download
    Criterion-r3
    This is an important release even though there aren't any new features added. I've updated the toolchain to Linaro GCC 4.9.4 and also merged the latest AnyKernel3 patches.

Download