[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Search This thread

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
@The Gingerbread Man - using your new W32(V1) and wow!!!

Really loving the colors plus the whites! Going to run it for awhile and I'll give W31 also a try. But this one is surely a keeper!

Thank you! :)

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk

Glad to be of service

Edit

That one was meant to succeed my v4/2.3 gamma one (some naming confusion occurred)

I would quite like to see what @yorici or @ChazzMatt their thoughts of the white point at 31 profile I made also in light of the information regarding the naturally higher gamma / lower colour temp which I attempted to compensate for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
All hail The Gingerbread Man! Lol.

-wardawgmalvicious
Rooted N5/N7 2nd Gen
MultiROM TWRP
Franco Kernel
Stock 4.4.2 infused with GB
Ubuntu Touch r206
-Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's a little OTT, i am but a man, a mear mortal of flesh and blood (not sugar and stuff as my name suggests haha) but thanks that's nice, made me smile :) Franco is the real one to thank for this thread, his kernel and all the options and toggles and the freedom of android to do what we please with our devices!

Reactions: wardawgmalvicious

wardawgmalvicious

Thanks, that's a little OTT, i am but a man, a mear mortal of flesh and blood (not sugar and stuff as my name suggests haha) but thanks that's nice, made me smile :) Franco is the real one to thank for this thread, his kernel and all the options and toggles and the freedom of android to do what we please with our devices!

I was actually about to post saying
"And to Franco!" Lol, I just thought it might bring a laugh, glad it made ya smile :)
Us lesser mortals who aren't as knowledge about these things need to keep the more knowledge mortals such as yourself happy, otherwise who will help us when we become the bricked lol.

-wardawgmalvicious
Rooted N5/N7 2nd Gen
MultiROM TWRP
Franco Kernel
Stock 4.4.2 infused with GB
Ubuntu Touch r206
-Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Gingerbread Man

aow1980

Oct 21, 2013
Jacksonville
@thegingerbreadman just tried your v31. The colors look great on my phone thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

V32 seems to be a little darker with white but that could be me. Both are a pretty dang good. Thanks for your settings too. I'm using a mix of yours @vomer and some things off mine in testing that seems to be working pretty good so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: The Gingerbread Man

PhantomGamers

Jun 27, 2011
NY
sundergaming.com
I just got a random reboot from the latest r34 base, might be a fluke or possibly something I did but I figured I'd post the error from the last kmsg:
Code:
[15260.340568] Restarting tasks ... done.
[15260.360604] PM: suspend exit 2014-03-02 00:47:00.747903867 UTC
[15260.361537] PM: suspend entry 2014-03-02 00:47:00.748841888 UTC
[15260.362004] PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
[15260.515230] Freezing user space processes ... 
[15260.518892] active wakeup source: ipc000000af_sensors.qcom
[15260.519434] active wakeup source: wlan_wd_wake
[15260.519900] 
[15260.520141] Freezing of tasks aborted after 0.004 seconds (30 tasks refusing to freeze, wq_busy=0):
[15260.520574] 
[15260.520805] Restarting tasks ... done.
[15260.540131] PM: suspend exit 2014-03-02 00:47:00.927430950 UTC
[15260.554166] PM: suspend entry 2014-03-02 00:47:00.941468190 UTC
[15260.554687] PM: Syncing filesystems ... 
No errors detected
Boot info:
Last boot reason: wdog_reset

FAdrums

Apr 14, 2012
@The Gingerbread Man - I think I'm in love with your W31! :p

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393721681267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393721681267.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,291

walpurgisnacht30

Feb 16, 2014
none
www.nonce.com
Just flashed this superb kernel, but noticed one issue, I cannot connected via mikrotik wifi to Google apps like Google+, Google Now, Play Store, Newsstand, Youtube, not sure with the other Google apps. But still, I can use my Nexus 5 to browsing from browser, connect to Twitter and so on, I was also tried the r32 version but still no luck. Have searched in entire internet but but but still no solutions. Am I the only one around here who is experiencing this issue.
Any tips? Running stock rom here.

Thanks!

Last edited:

gparmar76

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
Does the audio glitches in r33 happen regardless of ROM or does it work depending on the setup that is used? I think r33 was a great release but I need the audio options...still using r32 until it gets sorted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
Does the audio glitches in r33 happen regardless of ROM or does it work depending on the setup that is used? I think r33 was a great release but I need the audio options...still using r32 until it gets sorted.

if you're referring to the right channel clipping/stopping, It seems to only happen at max volume (and 2 or 3 ticks lower) so as long as you're not cranking it, it should be fine... but it seems to be regardless of ROM... @The Gingerbread Man is looking into settings that raise the volume,while avoiding the clipping.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Am I the only one experiencing core 3 or 4 to stay at 100%? Even though temp is below 40 and only reboot fixes it

no. you're not the only one, it's been reported a few times, but franco and others seems to be having difficulty finding the glitch that triggers it... :(

deepakanand

Jan 28, 2013
Just flashed this superb kernel, but noticed one issue, I cannot connected via mikrotik wifi to Google apps like Google+, Google Now, Play Store, Newsstand, Youtube, not sure with the other Google apps. But still, I can use my Nexus 5 to browsing from browser, connect to Twitter and so on, I was also tried the r32 version but still no luck. Have searched in entire internet but but but still no solutions. Am I the only one around here who is experiencing this issue.
Any tips? Running stock rom here.

Thanks!

Seems like router configuration issue. Happens to me as well over my home wifi, but works fine over office wifi.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r65) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r72) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r76) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r97) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds (starting with r114) are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

This does not work with "CAF" roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/hammerhead

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    [KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r14

Reserved
    r33 is pushed! Thanks for all the tests during this last 5-6 weeks. Before you ask yes this build is newer than the last r33-test. Most of you that followed the changes know basically what changed, so this is a generic changelog:

* FK does not work with CM or derivates anymore so don't flash if you're in one of those roms. Also make sure you're not undervolting too much, this new build might be a little extra nervous regarding low voltages
    * This is a huge release with more than 1 month of consecutive testing. It contains probably more than 250 new commits which include a lot of patches from Codeaurora with fixes, performance improvements and battery improvements. Subsystems like cpufreq, audio, video, display, thermal, power management etc have been improved. For a complete list of changes please visit my github repository
    * My hotplug driver has been improved as in having a complete new set of tunables for advanced users. Visit my repository for the documentation of each tunable

Enjoy!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

From my part thanks a lot for the great 2 months since the N5 was released, that, for me, is a great gift, thank you all.

Pushed r37 with exciting features:

* Misc patches with small fixes
    * Remove duplicated GPU frequencies
    * Add minimum backlight tunable /sys/module/parameters/lm3630_bl/min_brightness
    * Add RGB display calibration /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
    * Merged some memory routine optimizations from Motorola

Cool stuff :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone