[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Search This thread

vomer

Nov 21, 2008
Well, 1 wakelocks all but that was last night, I have full bars of 2g at home, haven't really used the phone much today, played a game for 30min or so, just though the battery life would be better than my n4

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

try my tweaks + give the kernel some time to settle (a few days)

Reactions: VoluntaryMan

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
Wtf... Are you sure you don't have any other app fúcking with you? Are you sure FKU and Per-App Modes app services are not running at the same time? I'm at a loss here, might be something else unrelated to my app?

I wonder if my SuperSu settings might be making it go funky.

Iv re-enabled the setting to ask for new su perms when updating apps, turned on toast notifications, and am going to wipe fku again, wipe per app mode, set it all back up and hopefully it won't all **** the bed again.

I don't mean to be bother some and I'm truely grateful for the work you put in. Its Friday night, kick your shoes off, get refreshing beverage and have a relaxing night :)

Edit, just to update this post to keep info together. I have now also cleared out from Franco kernel updater/per app modes deleting the 3 old profiles I had in case they were I interfering also the fku service was disabled.

Last edited:
Reactions: persianrisk

persianrisk

Oct 12, 2013

Iv re-enabled the setting to ask for new su perms when updating apps, turned on toast notifications, and am going to wipe fku again, wipe per app mode, set it all back up and hopefully it won't all **** the bed again.

I don't mean to be bother some and I'm truely grateful for the work you put in. Its Friday night, kick your shoes off, get refreshing beverage and have a relaxing night :)

Sorry, how do you wipe fku?

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
Well, 1 wakelocks all but that was last night, I have full bars of 2g at home, haven't really used the phone much today, played a game for 30min or so, just though the battery life would be better than my n4

What radios do you have on, bt, lte, wifi, nfc? Is the phone draining that fast while just sitting idle or while in use... I usually only get 3 hrs screen on time, but that's because of my usage...

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
It appears that the init.D script to disable the new auto brightness levels in order to restore default values doesn't work with the new test r36. I verified that the file in question contains a 0 or N value. Disabling worked fine on r34 and r35.

Edit. Never mind. I think an off on cycle triggered it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
What radios do you have on, bt, lte, wifi, nfc? Is the phone draining that fast while just sitting idle or while in use... I usually only get 3 hrs screen on time, but that's because of my usage...

Only WiFi, and LTE, but I don't get LTE at my house so its on edge. Sitting idle it doesn't drain a whole lot, but it just seems to only get 3hrs SOT if I'm lucky.
On my nexus 4 even after a year an a half I got 4-5 hours SOT.

And this is franco kernel, which seems to be the best for battery life usually.

qbanlinxx

Mar 30, 2011
Orlando
For those having the bluetooth stuttering, I fixed my issue using Poweramp. I changed the buffer size in the settings, and playback is flawless now.

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
Only WiFi, and LTE, but I don't get LTE at my house so its on edge. Sitting idle it doesn't drain a whole lot, but it just seems to only get 3hrs SOT if I'm lucky.
On my nexus 4 even after a year an a half I got 4-5 hours SOT.

And this is franco kernel, which seems to be the best for battery life usually.

Yeah, but unless you tell the phone not to, it's going to keep looking for an lte connection even when there's no signal... Check, nope... Wait a bit, check, nope, wait again...

Go into your settings and change the preferred network to 2g or 3g (whichever you get consistently at home) when at home.. Set back to lte when you're in a lte service area...

Last edited:
Reactions: IRX120

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
try my tweaks + give the kernel some time to settle (a few days)

I hear this often about giving a kernel time to settle. I can't for the life of me imagine how this plays out in a digital world. I mean, there are no caches to populate. Is it some sort of adjustment that requires the user herself to become acquainted with, which makes us believe that the new kernel is somehow adapting to its new environment?
Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: hmbarbosa

vomer

Nov 21, 2008
I hear this often about giving a kernel time to settle. I can't for the life of me imagine how this plays out in a digital world. I mean, there are no caches to populate. Is it some sort of adjustment that requires the user herself to become acquainted with, which makes us believe that the new kernel is somehow adapting to its new environment?
Sent from my Nexus 5

not really sure - but I have noticed it myself. After a cycle of the battery charge things seem to settle in nicely for me

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
Sent from my Nexus 5

Well, there are things that Android runs when a new kernel is installed, media services for one usually kicks a hefty wake long the first charge cycle.. So there is something to it... ;)

neriamarillo

May 14, 2013
Miami, FL

Edit, just to update this post to keep info together. I have now also cleared out from Franco kernel updater/per app modes deleting the 3 old profiles I had in case they were I interfering also the fku service was disabled.

I had a similar issue with the new per app modes app. What I did was I stopped the service on FKU, cleared all the profiles in had there and set them up in the new app. Then the new app kept on crashing but I found out that it was because it didn't have the su permissions yet, after that it is good.

Now every time I went out of an app with a profile and checked max freq on FKU it would still show the profile max, that is until I went to home the opened FKU again and voila it shows the normal max freq without the profile. Don't know if this is exactly the problem you're having but just in case. :)

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I had a similar issue with the new per app modes app. What I did was I stopped the service on FKU, cleared all the profiles in had there and set them up in the new app. Then the new app kept on crashing but I found out that it was because it didn't have the su permissions yet, after that it is good.

Now every time I went out of an app with a profile and checked max freq on FKU it would still show the profile max, that is until I went to home the opened FKU again and voila it shows the normal max freq without the profile. Don't know if this is exactly the problem you're having but just in case. :)

Yes, no point in checking FKU for the tunables before seeing the "Per-App Mode disabled, system returns to normal" ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r65) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r72) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r76) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r97) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds (starting with r114) are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

This does not work with "CAF" roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/hammerhead

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    [KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r14

Reserved
    r33 is pushed! Thanks for all the tests during this last 5-6 weeks. Before you ask yes this build is newer than the last r33-test. Most of you that followed the changes know basically what changed, so this is a generic changelog:

* FK does not work with CM or derivates anymore so don't flash if you're in one of those roms. Also make sure you're not undervolting too much, this new build might be a little extra nervous regarding low voltages
    * This is a huge release with more than 1 month of consecutive testing. It contains probably more than 250 new commits which include a lot of patches from Codeaurora with fixes, performance improvements and battery improvements. Subsystems like cpufreq, audio, video, display, thermal, power management etc have been improved. For a complete list of changes please visit my github repository
    * My hotplug driver has been improved as in having a complete new set of tunables for advanced users. Visit my repository for the documentation of each tunable

Enjoy!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

From my part thanks a lot for the great 2 months since the N5 was released, that, for me, is a great gift, thank you all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Pushed r37 with exciting features:

* Misc patches with small fixes
    * Remove duplicated GPU frequencies
    * Add minimum backlight tunable /sys/module/parameters/lm3630_bl/min_brightness
    * Add RGB display calibration /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
    * Merged some memory routine optimizations from Motorola

Cool stuff :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone