[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Search This thread

shaker2k

Jun 6, 2011
winnipeg,mb
Is it running 4 cores default? Is there any particular app to tweak stuff and is it best the way it is?

No default has hot plugging. If you are able I strongly recommend purchasing Franco's FKU app in the play store.
In a browser look for vomers or the gingerbread man's post and you will see a link to their settings to modify the kernel. Also the FKU learners lounge by tgm is a great way to learn all you need to know about Franco's kernel.

The kernel is awesome as is. Right now a few uses are testing 4 cores and comparing their results to hot plugging and 2 cores.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edward Stanbury

Dec 8, 2011
Paraparaumu Beach, Kapiti
Best cycle I have had so far on my n5 ! :) thanks @vomer for sharing your settings and color profiles they are stunningView attachment 2642882
View attachment 2642883
1395439540615.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
*takes a deep breath and tries to reply all in one go*

Is the correct path for color adjustments:

/sys/module/dsi_panel/kgamma_r
/sys/module/dsi_panel/kgamma_g
/sys/module/dsi_panel/kgamma_b

?

close they are in
/sys/module/dsi_panel/kgamma_rp
/sys/module/dsi_panel/kgamma_rn
/sys/module/dsi_panel/kgamma_gp
/sys/module/dsi_panel/kgamma_gn
/sys/module/dsi_panel/kgamma_bp
/sys/module/dsi_panel/kgamma_bn
for positive and negative values currently in use by franco's kernel

The lower-left of the display on my Nexus 5 seems to be darker than the rest of the screen. This problem only occurs on this kernel and on the lowest brightness setting. Any suggestions?

hardware issue only fix is to raise the brightness level

I'm getting some strange errors with the new r36. My phone turns on fine after the initial flash, works for about a minute or two, then crashes. Usually, that'd be no big deal, but it then gets locked into a boot loop. Not sure what you changed, but please fix it so I can go back to using your awesome kernel!

I'm running stock 4.4.2, no kernel mods, with the 4.4 bootloader and radios (the 4.4.2 radios are a freaking joke for data speeds). I auto flashed from r34 to r36. Sorry, but I was not able to capture a bug report.

sounds like somewhere the rom got buggered up...
happened to me before too
try a full flash of your rom and start over is all I can say

interesting. I am going to try that, as it sounds well..in theory! Im going to try your 10..then set the min time to 5 seconds..also UC to 1.5g. thanks for the tip!

*gaaaaaaaspp*
damn, ran out of breath... oh well

I've since raised my load_threshold to 15, going to play around with target levels soon...

So you didn#t see the page + of people reporting the same thing ? :p

and here I though vomer was just playing along...

Is it running 4 cores default? Is there any particular app to tweak stuff and is it best the way it is?

4 cores isn't default, as to which app, franco kernel updater is the app this kernel dev makes for tweaking his work (and so is targeted to this kernel and likely the best for it... buy the paid version it get's updated far more often than the free, I think the free only installs the kernel to the n5 these days..
other apps, are a terminal emulator, tasker, trickster mod, kernel tuner, kernel tweaker, etc, etc.....

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Here

Search is my friend, could be yours too :)

I don't like Search, he's mean and abusive... :(

Last edited:

AGiLiT

Oct 28, 2010
Houston, TX
I have a theory about why some people may be having audio problems. Personally, I have never had any skips, glitches, scratches, hiccups or any other problems listening to streaming music via Google Play Music or locally stored music via. my music app of choice and played back on a bluetooth speaker or headphones or bluetooth car radio.

Here's my theory: It's caused by GIGO (garbage in; garbage out). I know that my levels of taste in music are extremely high; therefore nothing I play will cause any problems. Perhaps those that are having problems could check their taste settings and adjust them upwards and see what happens.

If it works, I'm sure that Franco, being the magician that he is, can find the appropriate kernel parameter and add a set point to FKU (unless of course it turns out to be ROM related.)

( ;) No offense intended; hope none taken.)

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
I have a theory about why some people may be having audio problems. Personally, I have never had any skips, glitches, scratches, hiccups or any other problems listening to streaming music via Google Play Music or locally stored music via. my music app of choice and played back on a bluetooth speaker or headphones or bluetooth car radio.

Here's my theory: It's caused by GIGO (garbage in; garbage out). I know that my levels of taste in music are extremely high; therefore nothing I play will cause any problems. Perhaps those that are having problems could check their taste settings and adjust them upwards and see what happens.

If it works, I'm sure that Franco, being the magician that he is, can find the appropriate kernel parameter and add a set point to FKU (unless of course it turns out to be ROM related.)

( ;) No offense intended; hope none taken.)

here i thought you were talking about garbage quality audio files... mp3's at 96kbbp and the like... :p wasn't until I got to the 'check their taste settings' that I caught your drift and started laughing.. :D

You, good sir, get a thanks for the laugh. :p

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
@AGiLiT all my music is 320kps and sounds fine on my nexus 7. Some sort of audio subsystem isn't right or the audio tunnel thing on the SD800 isn't right somehow. I'm hoping for a new set of binarys from Qualcomm with the next major android release. Newer gpu drivers have been floating around a while so I can't see why they wouldn't work on other parts too.

AGiLiT

Oct 28, 2010
Houston, TX
@AGiLiT all my music is 320kps and sounds fine on my nexus 7. Some sort of audio subsystem isn't right or the audio tunnel thing on the SD800 isn't right somehow. I'm hoping for a new set of binarys from Qualcomm with the next major android release. Newer gpu drivers have been floating around a while so I can't see why they wouldn't work on other parts too.

(Sigh...) Someone from the land of Benny Hill and Monty Python missed my point. :(

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
You mean diffefent versions of Franco Kernel Updater App?

no, I mean that pre-r32 kernels were fine with undervolt x, post r33 kernels might crash with the same undervolt...
(this is one point that I know voltage sensitivity changed, they may be others)

all fku does is change kernel settings, it's the kernel itself that causes reboots/crashes/instability if voltages are too low...

I can do the same things with tasker and shell scripts that I can with fku, the version of fku doesn't matter, the version of the kernel that you are running does...

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

oops, I didn't even conceive something like this should be related with the kernel, but yes it was written there. sorry :good:

all fku does is display the information from the kernel and let you make changes to that information...
fku doesn't process it, just read from kernel, display to screen...

if you like, you can go into a terminal emulator and cd to the various folders to see the files that fku reads and edits, and manually make the same changes.

It's how Vomer got his init script to work, by modifying the same files that fku does... fku is simply much nicer interface to use to make those changes.

UgoBoss

Nov 10, 2012
Just there.
Searched the thread but didn't find anything..

After faslhing Franco over LiquidSmooth (with clean install of everything) my Wifi doesn't work and my mobile data is in inactive mode (orange color)..

Does anyone got a solution please ? Thanks ! :)

Reactions: sonicdeth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r65) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r72) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r76) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r97) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds (starting with r114) are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

This does not work with "CAF" roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/hammerhead

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    [KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r14

Reserved
    r33 is pushed! Thanks for all the tests during this last 5-6 weeks. Before you ask yes this build is newer than the last r33-test. Most of you that followed the changes know basically what changed, so this is a generic changelog:

* FK does not work with CM or derivates anymore so don't flash if you're in one of those roms. Also make sure you're not undervolting too much, this new build might be a little extra nervous regarding low voltages
    * This is a huge release with more than 1 month of consecutive testing. It contains probably more than 250 new commits which include a lot of patches from Codeaurora with fixes, performance improvements and battery improvements. Subsystems like cpufreq, audio, video, display, thermal, power management etc have been improved. For a complete list of changes please visit my github repository
    * My hotplug driver has been improved as in having a complete new set of tunables for advanced users. Visit my repository for the documentation of each tunable

Enjoy!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

From my part thanks a lot for the great 2 months since the N5 was released, that, for me, is a great gift, thank you all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Pushed r37 with exciting features:

* Misc patches with small fixes
    * Remove duplicated GPU frequencies
    * Add minimum backlight tunable /sys/module/parameters/lm3630_bl/min_brightness
    * Add RGB display calibration /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
    * Merged some memory routine optimizations from Motorola

Cool stuff :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone