[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Search This thread

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
Eye1 pro. I use the CalMan software to drive the meter.

I've never even looked at the gamma section in FKU before so I have a few questions.

What are the negative values for? Do we have a description of what each one means at this point?

I'm used to having saturation and luminance for each primary and a gain and offset for greyscale. Can you point me in the right direction?

talk to yorici for what the values mean... we think he has the strongest grasp of them so far (but no colorimeter to test his theories)
all I'm doing right now is running the various profiles and seeing how they all rank up...

I'm testing the grey values, and saturations to get the cie charts and gamma/temp lines that granets is compiling into a spreadsheet..

now that we've a few colorimeters in use, we should be able to start to figure out how the values inter-relate

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

You probably don't remember but you've helped me in the past even. Nothing bad about you, just wish I knew how to pronounce your dam user name. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

you must have missed the time when I was called a thanks wh---... :p
because I am... :p *points to my signature*

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I might be wrong but wiping the Dalvik cache might stop whatever app is running in the background.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No.

Iv been away all weekend without internet but was able to play music during some of the travelling time. Play back us still choppy with viper, pauses and clipping still happen. Generally fine with screen on but when the screen goes off and locks it something starts ****ting the bed and issues start. Not sure if there's something franco could add that might help or allow us to modify CPU behaviour during screen off but I think we just have to hope the next maintance android build fixes this music issue.

I might take a closer look to some codes. I managed to find a way to reproduce some audio ****s during this weekend while travelling so hoping there's something I can do.

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
No.

I might take a closer look to some codes. I managed to find a way to reproduce some audio ****s during this weekend while travelling so hoping there's something I can do.

Hey Franco

Can you do me a favour and check this out?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51515937

Want to prevent a ton of why it does not work posts :p and using the sysf interface is definitely nicer on torch.

Thanks

dastinger

Dec 2, 2010
Hey @franciscofranco

Just chiming in to let you know about this post by kufi from Slim Team.

Guys a small challenge for you lol.

Ricardo (cm) fixed the overexposure problem if you use torch via sysf interface and doing after this a photo with the camera. Due of this we disabled some time ago the sysf interface to prevent that user have this problem. But as you know the torch is a bit slow. Would like to enable the sysf interface again. But this will break again on most current third party kernels due that it is a kernel fix.

So the challenge is...notify your favorite kernel Devs about this commit

https://gerrit.slimroms.net/5851

And when most changed we change it as well.

Thanks

Reactions: kufikugel

combatdeity

Nov 18, 2010
Had an audio glitch running r37, deadline, underclocked gpu, 75-mv, I've experienced it without undervolt though as well so I don't believe that is the issue.

Hopefully this bug log report can solve this issue.

Edit: Or if there is setting i can set tn franco app to help prevent it,
Cheers

Attachments

• 2014-03-23_16.59.zip
    123.7 KB · Views: 0

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
Have it since a day in testing and did not saw any downsides basically it just ensures that the led is set to default. Cannot imagine how this could break anything.

So from my side I would say it is save.

castaway1

Dec 5, 2009
had an audio glitch multiple times running r37 with default settings 3-4 mins after screen off. Ill post log if i suceeed to catch. (PowerAMP if its matter)

JeyLo

Feb 28, 2009
Guys, for me after flashing to Franko r37 from r36 camera app, stopped working. I made full clean of camera app cache from preferences but this didn't helped.
Android 4.4.2 stock+franko r37, TWRP, camera v. 2.0.012(947118-31)
on r36 all worked, but i checked on instagram camera works, i think in custom app it works too.

Tysovwik

Aug 14, 2013

Hello. Have a question about battery life for min. CPU frequency. Currently, i make UV with FCU app: 300mhz-725; 422mhz -725 ; 652mhz - 725. Min CPU freq set to 652mhz

Question: I have 3 different CPU frequency with same UV: 725. Will be battery life the same on 652mhz frequency as at 300mhz frequency?

Thank you.

P.S. as i know, qualcom made special PVS driver for snapdragon CPU, which can switch voltages as it need, so when we change UV in apps like FCU, it's not working at all...

Last edited:

granets

Oct 14, 2011
Vratsa
Hello. Have a question about battery life for min. CPU frequency. Currently, i make UV with FCU app: 300mhz-725; 422mhz -725 ; 652mhz - 725. Min CPU freq set to 652mhz

Question: I have 3 different CPU frequency with same UV: 725. Will be battery life the same on 652mhz frequency as at 300mhz frequency?

Thank you.

P.S. as i know, qualcom made special PVS driver for snapdragon CPU, which can switch voltages as it need, so when we change UV in apps like FCU, it's not working at all...

In theory it is the same. But I think if you can run 652MHz at 725mV, you will actually save battery, because whatever uses the minimum frequency will have more power and will be done quickly at no extra cost. So you should see a minute battery life increase. But we are talking about something very small.

elite_gamer04

Oct 30, 2006
Just wondering if its just me being stupid but with the latest batch of FKU updates - whenever I clear data on it (or new update) it auto trys to login to Games for the Achievements. Is there a way to have this off by default (its not checked in Settings FYI).

cobhc

Nov 20, 2009
Nottingham
talk to yorici for what the values mean... we think he has the strongest grasp of them so far (but no colorimeter to test his theories)
all I'm doing right now is running the various profiles and seeing how they all rank up...

I'm testing the grey values, and saturations to get the cie charts and gamma/temp lines that granets is compiling into a spreadsheet..

now that we've a few colorimeters in use, we should be able to start to figure out how the values inter-relate

Can I ask if you're setting a brightness level and leaving it there during testing?

bobby8921

Jul 20, 2009
Think I'm making progress on a solution, hopefully tomorrow's test succeeds. Using a brute force solution, lots of CPU when starting music and gradually scaling back using Tasker. Let me know if you want to test what I have so far.

If it is the only way to fix it i'll give it a try

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

abra5umente

Feb 9, 2013
Shepparton
Is anyone else having problems with Vomers settings unsetting themselves?
I've got it set to automatically set on boot via the script. But when I check back about a half hour after booting, the UV settings are set to +25 what vomer makes them. The vibration amp also goes down to 65 from 75.

HALP. I can use the Tasker file to do it if that makes a difference.

Sent from my Paranoid, ARTified and Francoed Nexus 5 via XDA Premium

daniel84cs

Dec 27, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
@franciscofranco thank you for your relentless work .... The application works very well but needs some useful features to make it more functional and useful. Changing the values ​​of the governor must be simplified style trickster mod, it is possible that after buying your app should I use another app to make these changes, or going to see from a note for read the frequencies your kernel. In addition to the standard "per app mode" you should be able to select the pre-configured profiles for example battery saver or performance so as not to make the changes manually every time.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Edward Stanbury

Dec 8, 2011
Paraparaumu Beach, Kapiti
Is anyone else having problems with Vomers settings unsetting themselves?
I've got it set to automatically set on boot via the script. But when I check back about a half hour after booting, the UV settings are set to +25 what vomer makes them. The vibration amp also goes down to 65 from 75.

HALP. I can use the Tasker file to do it if that makes a difference.

Sent from my Paranoid, ARTified and Francoed Nexus 5 via XDA Premium

having no problems here :) settings apply and stay set just fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r65) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r72) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r76) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r97) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds (starting with r114) are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

This does not work with "CAF" roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/hammerhead

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    [KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r14

Reserved
    r33 is pushed! Thanks for all the tests during this last 5-6 weeks. Before you ask yes this build is newer than the last r33-test. Most of you that followed the changes know basically what changed, so this is a generic changelog:

* FK does not work with CM or derivates anymore so don't flash if you're in one of those roms. Also make sure you're not undervolting too much, this new build might be a little extra nervous regarding low voltages
    * This is a huge release with more than 1 month of consecutive testing. It contains probably more than 250 new commits which include a lot of patches from Codeaurora with fixes, performance improvements and battery improvements. Subsystems like cpufreq, audio, video, display, thermal, power management etc have been improved. For a complete list of changes please visit my github repository
    * My hotplug driver has been improved as in having a complete new set of tunables for advanced users. Visit my repository for the documentation of each tunable

Enjoy!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

From my part thanks a lot for the great 2 months since the N5 was released, that, for me, is a great gift, thank you all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Pushed r37 with exciting features:

* Misc patches with small fixes
    * Remove duplicated GPU frequencies
    * Add minimum backlight tunable /sys/module/parameters/lm3630_bl/min_brightness
    * Add RGB display calibration /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
    * Merged some memory routine optimizations from Motorola

Cool stuff :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone