[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

rosswaa

Apr 13, 2010
What do you mean old version of the app with all features? Those 2 Kernel versions were because stupid Google decided to derp AOSP and roms decided to go derp mode as well and either built stock JWR, or then hybrid, others went JSS... a mess.

App will go fully functional with the N5 as soon as I get the device on my hands and I get some quality time with it.
When I installed the kernel and managed to flash the colorfix the project Pringles had very limited features. Stuff like USB fast charge and headphone gain and stuff like that just went there. Had so many problems with flashing kernels and getting them to work I just gave up and used standard. I miss fk!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
When I installed the kernel and managed to flash the colorfix the project Pringles had very limited features. Stuff like USB fast charge and headphone gain and stuff like that just went there. Had so many problems with flashing kernels and getting them to work I just gave up and used standard. I miss fk!

Pringles is the alpha version of the next FKU... you should not use beta/alpha versions if you want something that works... Although the latest Pringles version is 80% complete.

Yep, boots. Want me to see if UV works?
Yes, pretty please :))

rosswaa

Apr 13, 2010
Pringles is the alpha version of the next FKU... you should not use beta/alpha versions if you want something that works... Although the latest Pringles version is 80% complete.

Yes, pretty please :))
I completely forgot I joined the beta, makes sense now I guess. I just update when playstore says to haha
Play store should really make that more obvious lol

kuyam

Nov 9, 2010
Good. A good test is for you to lower them until the device crashes. Or even lower them like -100mV and playing a game or something and it will be less warm for sure.
Hmm.. I just checked the sys monitor and there seems to be no deep sleep at the moment. Turned off the screen and i'll check in a about 10 minutes to see if there is some deep sleep. If there's not i'll flash stock and confirm that that does deep sleep.

Reactions: darpandodiya

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Hmm.. I just checked the sys monitor and there seems to be no deep sleep at the moment. Turned off the screen and i'll check in a about 10 minutes to see if there is some deep sleep. If there's not i'll flash stock and confirm that that does deep sleep.
There should be no deep sleep problems at all, I almost did no changes, even ramdisk is stock. If you're connected to the USB there won't be any deep sleep at all.

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Derp.. right.. was hooked to usb. Unhooked and no problem. I'll UV 2.3Ghz now to see if it crashes

Yeah.. did like -100 on the 2.3Ghz and instant freeze.. so that works :p.
Major success :) I'll upload test4 and call it a night, its 7am.

Pushed test4, has USB fast charge, fsync on/off and a couple patches I normally merge (writeback fixes, io_wait support for block subsystem, etc).

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hey Franco, you came early at the party, thats :good: Can`t wait till i get my device so i can use your kernel :victory:
Is the FKU app compatible with the N5 allready (Edit: not yet)?

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone