[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Search This thread

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Black Friday sale!
First things first, the app is on a 33% sale!!
Second, massive update:

1. New Per-App Profiles experience with a Simple and Advanced modes;
2. New Thermal Zones in System Health;
3. New CPU core control UI;
4. New Stune options;
5. New OP6 vibration options;
6. New CPU freq stats options;
7. Kernel logger overhauled;
8. Added underlying support for the OnePlus 6T and Pocophone;
9. The usual bug fixing

Get it now before the sale ends -> http://get.franciscofranco.xyz

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Oh, I restored my boot image when it didn't work. But this is what I'd flashed.
https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus5/6.0.1/anyKernel/fk-r115-anykernel2.zip

My ROM is just latest stock factory image (6.0.1 M4B30Z) rooted with supersu and xposed installed. :)

---------- Post added at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

Never mind bro. Thank you sooooo much for the effort and courtesy to react to each user! :highfive:

Well I just tested and it works fine :)

Mark_8

May 25, 2018
Is this franco kernel compatible with latest aosp unlegacy build(non-caf obluvsly)? Or it goes to bootloop my phone?

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
Hello @franciscofranco,
There is something wrong with r115 release. I've tried it on different oreo and nougat roms. Phone boots into bootloader each time.

Here are combinations what i tried:
Latest Ressurection Remix (Oreo) + r115 + Magisk 17.1
Latest crDroid (Oreo) + r115 + Magisk 17.1
Latest Unleagacy Android (Nougat) + r115 + Magisk 17.1

Result is the same for each combination. Could you please fix it? I can provide any logs if necessary.
Thanks a lot! Your kernel and updater app are awesome!

PS: latest crDroid (Oreo) + r114 + Magisk 17.1 boots and works fine.

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9R
@franciscofranco,
I've rebuilt your kernel from latest source code for oreo. Now everything works fine. crDroid 4.7 + Magisk 17.3 booted and works fine.
Here what i've done:
1. Rebuilt kernel using instruction from wiki.
2. Replaced zImage inside of fk-r114-anykernel2.zip with new zImage-dtb
3. Flashed crDroid 4.7 then new kernel then Magisk 17.3

Reactions: sant514 and ze7zez

eurochild

Jul 11, 2007
Athens
@franciscofranco,
I've rebuilt your kernel from latest source code for oreo. Now everything works fine. crDroid 4.7 + Magisk 17.3 booted and works fine.
Here what i've done:
1. Rebuilt kernel using instruction from wiki.
2. Replaced zImage inside of fk-r114-anykernel2.zip with new zImage-dtb
3. Flashed crDroid 4.7 then new kernel then Magisk 17.3

can u share your build please ?

mopide

Mar 14, 2017
v115 does not work with Ulegacy Oreo 20190108

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

The same with r114

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

The same with r114

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

The same with r114

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Sure. You can download it from:
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=03519784015797564511

Thanks your custom zip works fine :)

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Sure. You can download it from:
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=03519784015797564511

Thanks your custom zip works fine :)

Reactions: amirmt71

Zander_Sig

Apr 19, 2012
Boot Loop

Hey Guys, I flashed the franco kernel last night using TWRP (the latest version) and everything installed without any errors but when I restarted my Nexus 5 it got stuck in some kind of boot loop. It just kept going back to TWRP/Recovery. I could not get it to start normally. The version of the kernel I installed was r115. Oh yeah I am using the "[ROM][Official][8.1.0][Hammerhead] Resurrection Remix Oreo v.6.x.x by Hannibal226" (Link - https://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/development/rom-resurrection-remix-o-6-x-x-t3757854/). Running Android 8.1

The only way I could get it to boot up was to install the "ElementalX-N5-9.02.zip" Kernel and it worked great... no problems as of yet.

So.... has anyone else run into this problem of not getting franco kernel to install correctly?

Thanks peps!

Reactions: Poor Grammar

Poor Grammar

Aug 2, 2013
chattanooga tn
LG Nexus 5X
Hey Guys, I flashed the franco kernel last night using TWRP (the latest version) and everything installed without any errors but when I restarted my Nexus 5 it got stuck in some kind of boot loop. It just kept going back to TWRP/Recovery. I could not get it to start normally. The version of the kernel I installed was r115. Oh yeah I am using the "[ROM][Official][8.1.0][Hammerhead] Resurrection Remix Oreo v.6.x.x by Hannibal226" (Link - https://forum.xda-developers.com/go...nt/rom-resurrection-remix-o-6-x-x-t3757854/). Running Android 8.1

The only way I could get it to boot up was to install the "ElementalX-N5-9.02.zip" Kernel and it worked great... no problems as of yet.

So.... has anyone else run into this problem of not getting franco kernel to install correctly?

Thanks peps!
Yeah I couldn't get nought kernel to boot up on unlegacy 7.1.2.. Aosp

Poor Grammar

Aug 2, 2013
chattanooga tn
LG Nexus 5X
@Zander_Sig, @WelfareBaby,
Did you tried to boot with r114? r115 doesn't work on 8.1 and 7.1.
If you need r115 with video recording fix for 8.1 you can try to use my version (tested on latest crDroid & RessurectionRemix for 8.1)
Yes I did also tried r97 same thing boots back to twrp...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-18-17-40-38.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-18-17-40-38.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 202

Zander_Sig

Apr 19, 2012
r115

@Zander_Sig, @WelfareBaby,
Did you tried to boot with r114? r115 doesn't work on 8.1 and 7.1.
If you need r115 with video recording fix for 8.1 you can try to use my version (tested on latest crDroid & RessurectionRemix for 8.1)

No, I just tried the r115 version. I then went to ElemetnalX-N5-9.02. It is working but I am not seeing any battery improvements.

I downloaded your version of r115. It is ok to flash it over my current Kernel "ElemetnalX-N5-9.02"?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r65) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r72) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r76) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r97) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds (starting with r114) are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

This does not work with "CAF" roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/hammerhead

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    [KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r14

Reserved
    r33 is pushed! Thanks for all the tests during this last 5-6 weeks. Before you ask yes this build is newer than the last r33-test. Most of you that followed the changes know basically what changed, so this is a generic changelog:

* FK does not work with CM or derivates anymore so don't flash if you're in one of those roms. Also make sure you're not undervolting too much, this new build might be a little extra nervous regarding low voltages
    * This is a huge release with more than 1 month of consecutive testing. It contains probably more than 250 new commits which include a lot of patches from Codeaurora with fixes, performance improvements and battery improvements. Subsystems like cpufreq, audio, video, display, thermal, power management etc have been improved. For a complete list of changes please visit my github repository
    * My hotplug driver has been improved as in having a complete new set of tunables for advanced users. Visit my repository for the documentation of each tunable

Enjoy!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

From my part thanks a lot for the great 2 months since the N5 was released, that, for me, is a great gift, thank you all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Pushed r37 with exciting features:

* Misc patches with small fixes
    * Remove duplicated GPU frequencies
    * Add minimum backlight tunable /sys/module/parameters/lm3630_bl/min_brightness
    * Add RGB display calibration /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
    * Merged some memory routine optimizations from Motorola

Cool stuff :)