[KERNEL][N5] FrancoKernel - r115 - 2nd November - Stock & Oreo

Search This thread

Juzman

May 4, 2011
Townsville
justynsmith.info
Coincidence, Kernel doesn't change your runtime, besides it doesn't know a single **** about what is the runtime compiler.

Yeah, I don't believe the switch from ART to Dalvik has anything to do with your kernel. I figured more so because of the SoD, then when it booted, it rebooted again and "Android is Upgrading".

Flashed r55 and changed to ART, and all is beautiful again. :)

baturcotte

Apr 21, 2011
I've had an issue with test r56 and Xposed...if I try to reinstall (and I've used both classic and the recovery zip installation methods) the framework, my phone almost immediately spontaneously reboots and then when it finishes loading everything and granting root permissions, it reboots again and again...reverting the kernel to either the earlier (non-L) r56 or the release r55 doesn't stop the reboots, only either going back to the stock image or uninstalling Xposed stops them.

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I've had an issue with test r56 and Xposed...if I try to reinstall (and I've used both classic and the recovery zip installation methods) the framework, my phone almost immediately spontaneously reboots and then when it finishes loading everything and granting root permissions, it reboots again and again...reverting the kernel to either the earlier (non-L) r56 or the release r55 doesn't stop the reboots, only either going back to the stock image or uninstalling Xposed stops them.

Xposed is 100% framework, has nothing to do with the Kernel.

rbrenart

Jul 26, 2013
Screen off idle power usage doesn't change between Kernel changes, I've said this countless times... either you have too many wakelocks from your apps or you don't... What changes is screen on drain.

I'm confused, do you mean just within your kernel or in general?

(Anecdote) Screen off idle time was one of the first things that for me hooked on your kernel. At home, on WiFi, I was dropping 20%+ while sleeping on stock whereas with your kernel it's 5% or so. (/Anecdote)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos

(Anecdote) Screen off idle time was one of the first things that for me hooked on your kernel. At home, on WiFi, I was dropping 20%+ while sleeping on stock whereas with your kernel it's 5% or so. (/Anecdote)

In general.

That was because when the Nexus 5 was launched they had a bug on the Wi-Fi drivers that frakked the battery life. Before they launched 4.4.2 I merged a couple patches from kernel_common (base Kernel tree from Android) that fixed it ;)

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012

You have a wakelock problem for sure.

simonarturo

Jun 19, 2014
Just noticed with the test kernel I am getting SoD. Phone rebooted and went to Dalvik instead of ART. Was running fine on r55.

Same thing happened to me, was on ART, phone crashed and rebooted on Dalvik.
I see that you're also using PA, that might be the issue.

For me, changing to Dalvik and doing a more conservative UV (-50 instead of -75) than what I had in R55 got me through the day without a crash. Will try again on ART with the same stable UV to see if I can isolate the source of my reboots.

Juzman

May 4, 2011
Townsville
justynsmith.info
Same thing happened to me, was on ART, phone crashed and rebooted on Dalvik.
I see that you're also using PA, that might be the issue.

For me, changing to Dalvik and doing a more conservative UV (-50 instead of -75) than what I had in R55 got me through the day without a crash. Will try again on ART with the same stable UV to see if I can isolate the source of my reboots.

Ah right. I'm undervolted a fair bit. However r55 and ART with my UV runs well. May go back to stock voltages.

simonarturo

Jun 19, 2014
Go back to stock and then UV bit by bit until you find how low you can go while being stable. For me it's between -60 and -50. My previous -75 UV that worked fine with R53,54 & 55 is not stable in R56 with my configuration. Also, just changed to ART, will run a couple cycles to see if it any problems arise

Damian2013

Jul 31, 2013
Rooted apps as is aren't safe on L. I was sent into a bootloop for loading up Greenify and granting it root.

And for good reason, too. There's many bugs that can only be squashed by Google right now, people stating that L is stable clearly haven't played around with it enough.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.

I've been on it since day 1 and no issues for me so don't count everyone in that statistic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Juzman

May 4, 2011
Townsville
justynsmith.info
Go back to stock and then UV bit by bit until you find how low you can go while being stable. For me it's between -60 and -50. My previous -75 UV that worked fine with R53,54 & 55 is not stable in R56 with my configuration. Also, just changed to ART, will run a couple cycles to see if it any problems arise

My voltages have been fine on all previous versions with ART except r56 test. So I guess it is voltages.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I've been on it since day 1 and no issues for me so don't count everyone in that statistic.

Only issue I found was Facebook comments being transparent and my carrier widget being transparent. It was solid otherwise.

Sorry for going OT.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r65) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r72) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r76) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r97) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds (starting with r114) are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

This does not work with "CAF" roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/hammerhead

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    [KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r14

Reserved
    r33 is pushed! Thanks for all the tests during this last 5-6 weeks. Before you ask yes this build is newer than the last r33-test. Most of you that followed the changes know basically what changed, so this is a generic changelog:

* FK does not work with CM or derivates anymore so don't flash if you're in one of those roms. Also make sure you're not undervolting too much, this new build might be a little extra nervous regarding low voltages
    * This is a huge release with more than 1 month of consecutive testing. It contains probably more than 250 new commits which include a lot of patches from Codeaurora with fixes, performance improvements and battery improvements. Subsystems like cpufreq, audio, video, display, thermal, power management etc have been improved. For a complete list of changes please visit my github repository
    * My hotplug driver has been improved as in having a complete new set of tunables for advanced users. Visit my repository for the documentation of each tunable

Enjoy!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

From my part thanks a lot for the great 2 months since the N5 was released, that, for me, is a great gift, thank you all.

Pushed r37 with exciting features:

* Misc patches with small fixes
    * Remove duplicated GPU frequencies
    * Add minimum backlight tunable /sys/module/parameters/lm3630_bl/min_brightness
    * Add RGB display calibration /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0/kcal
    * Merged some memory routine optimizations from Motorola

Cool stuff :)