• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

[KERNEL][N5X] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r64 - 7th December - Oreo & Pie

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Hi all.

Compatibility:
It should work on any rom by following this logic:
Builds (starting with r1) are Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow only.
Builds (starting with r17) are Android 7.0 Nougat only.
Builds (starting with r28 up to r37) are Android 7.1.1 Nougat only.
Builds from r38 up to r44 are for Android 7.1.2 Nougat
Builds from r45 up to r48 are for Android 8.0.0 Oreo.
Builds from r49 are for Android 8.1.0 Oreo.

Download:
https://francokernel.app

Installation:
Flash the zip in your recovery
or
Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
1 - Legendary battery life
2 - Flash & forget
3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
9 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
10 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
https://francokernel.app
Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
https://github.com/franciscofranco/bullhead

Follow me on the interwebs
Google+
Twitter

Google+ FK community
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!

Last edited:

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Current r1 is not yet complete, I think it only lacks sound control, but it's pretty much done.
Took me a little while to find the right balance, this little bastard lags easily, but this Kernel is pretty much a "clone" of FK for the 6P so I'm sure you'll have some fun with improved battery life.

FKUpdater will be updated tomorrow to support this Kernel and the final r1 release will also be out.
Any feedback about UI responsiveness and anything else that comes to mind, now's your chance to talk.

Two things to note though, EIS video stabilisation is enabled automatically with FK, just check your Camera app and you'll see it, and FK ships with a slightly cooler display colour temperature, and a very slight saturation boost.

I wasn't supposed to work on this device because I didn't want to shell out 450 euros for a device I wouldn't use outside Kernel/app development, but in the end I did it for you.

Enjoy it & you're ducking welcome.

Last edited:

androidsnax

Feb 17, 2011
Glasgow
Nice one - Thanks! made a few donations through your kernel app the other day to help pay for the device - I'm away from my computer for a couple of days so no flashing for now but will do asap! ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Reactions: franciscofranco

SlyUK

May 13, 2015
I think maybe we should limit the number of "Thank posts" on this thread and just press "Thanks" as and where necessary to show HOW MUCH we REALLY appreciate this Kernel coming to the Nexus 5X. Otherwise it will quickly fill up with Thankyou's instead of the real nitty gritty.

That would be very counterproductive indeed !

Just a thought....

Last edited:

HipsterCode

Nov 28, 2013
So far it's working great I am just wondering why all 4 cores goes max frequency after the touch? I checked and only first core should go to max frequency but all are going instead to this frequency when checking with system monitor.

maxmax0

Oct 21, 2010
Oh yeah, welcome back man! I saw your android vs. iphone rant the other day, and respect you even more for that! Never be afraid to voice your own opinion, more power to you sir!

Back on topic, looking forward to try your newest kernel!

parthabhatta

Mar 29, 2008
Calcutta
Installed this kernel and bought the app as a story to the dev. But paid version of the app crashes on opening setting. This is just for information. I am pretty sure the app will be updated soon.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone