[KERNEL][N6] FrancoKernel- r78 - 23rd March - compatible with Oreo and Pie

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
What the **** is that?
I tried it this week. It was pretty solid when I tried it, but i think the last few releases are a bit buggy.

Everything running fine, using Terminus as my ROM right now. RGB mods work. First time I have used your app for a while, too. Used it quite a bit on my 2012 N7.

I used to be disappointed that you didn't OC, but frankly, this SOC is already pushed pretty much to the limit by Moto. I think the days of 50% overclocking are behind us, and 5% overclocks with superlinear voltage increases are dumb.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
See my post above, I already have told franco the fix, and he said that he would be adding it in.
No home or recents on Euphoria Rom. Sucks
I have no idea why users on Euphoria aren't getting navigation bars. I tested franco pre-release and didn't have any problems using it on Euphoria (latest version) and had navigation bars. Tested it on pre-release as well as final release.
I'm sure that a r2 will be pushed out later tonight as Franco is getting food right now.

Don't forget Franco's app is 30% off ;)

http://i.imgur.com/Hg90dwK.png

Last edited:

wytecaztle

Mar 27, 2008
Atlanta
I have no idea why users on Euphoria aren't getting navigation bars. I tested franco pre-release and didn't have any problems using it on Euphoria and had navigation bars. Tested it on pre-release as well as final release.
I'm sure that a r2 will be pushed out later tonight as Franco is getting food right now.

I had to buy it. Not sure why no nav bars on Euphoria. I am not unencrypted.

dsmitty166

Aug 31, 2010
Sioux Center, Iowa
I have no idea why users on Euphoria aren't getting navigation bars. I tested franco pre-release and didn't have any problems using it on Euphoria (latest version) and had navigation bars. Tested it on pre-release as well as final release.

http://i.imgur.com/Hg90dwK.png
Did dirty flash from another kernel first?

I personally dirty flashed on top of rom, and had this happen.

Or were u clean flashing?

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I had to buy it. Not sure why no nav bars on Euphoria. I am not unencrypted.
I'm unencrypted, I doubt encrypted would affect it as it wouldn't make any sense, but a hotfix will be out.

Did dirty flash from another kernel first?

I personally dirty flashed on top of rom, and had this happen.

Or were u clean flashing?
I was using Euphoria and then LeanKernel at the time and then during testing the pre-release version I had fastboot boot'd the boot.img and then permanently flashed it using Flashify.

I've restarted numerous times, its very weird that I wasn't able to catch this bug during testing phase. Strange.. I had good results in battery and performance though :)

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Great kernel, just installed the updater and will be donating to you Franco again tonight for a beer and pizza. ;)
Everything works great. The auto flashing is awesome is flawless.
I got a quick question about your app I was playing with it and it has changed a lot great material design I like it mate.
On kernel settings is the IPV6 disabled or enabled.. what do you recommend.

Here is a pic for people that have not purchased Franco updater app on google play is totally worth it!

wytecaztle

Mar 27, 2008
Atlanta
I'm unencrypted, I doubt encrypted would affect it as it wouldn't make any sense, but a hotfix will be out.

I was using Euphoria and then LeanKernel at the time and then during testing the pre-release version I had fastboot boot'd the boot.img and then permanently flashed it using Flashify.

I've restarted numerous times, its very weird that I wasn't able to catch this bug during testing phase. Strange.. I had good results in battery and performance though :)
Let me flash boot.img with flashify to see if that resolves issue.

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
On kernel settings is the IPV6 disabled or enabled.. what do you recommend. ]
The idea behind the setting of IPv6 Enable/Disable was in regards to a wakelock called wlan_rx_wake
You can read everything about it @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/help/getting-rid-wlanrxwake-wakelocks-t2519294

In my opinion, leave it disabled (which is by default). IPv6 is still relatively new and is not adopted everywhere just yet as we are still on IPv4. When everybody adapts to IPv6 protocol, then we can enable it until then its best to have IPv6 disabled. But then again, you can leave it enabled but if you notice the wakelock you can leave it disabled again.

Reactions: dems86 and badpanda