[KERNEL][N6] FrancoKernel- r78 - 23rd March - compatible with Oreo and Pie

Search This thread

occtec

Dec 9, 2012
South Australia
Try the Performance Profiles, the Power saving one will bend the device to its knees when you absolutely need that battery life.

How well does this work with the incorporated battery saver on stock lollipop. Is there any benefit in using it? Or do you disable it altogether? Is there any benefit in running both or just asking for trouble? Thanks for the opportunity to run the best kernel on my Nexus, held off on rooting it as there was no point until now ???

Reactions: jeffallin

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Do I need to wipe cache/dalvik before flashing if coming from another kernel (LeanKernel)?
Wiping cache/dalvik does nothing for kernels.

Even without the commit this doesn't mess with the recents on Rastapop:good: keeping multiple Nandroids FTW
+1 with Terminus ROM.

strange, i lost root after flashing the kernel.
Are you using Koush's Superuser? Flash SuperSU.
Koush Superuser doesn't work probably because it lacks the commit.

http://download.chainfire.eu/641/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip

Reactions: bradputt

lobrau

Jan 20, 2012
Ottawa
Curious if there are any settings that should be set through the Franco kernel app or if the kernel enables these things by the nature of flashing it. Also the 1 tap to flash is great, truly makes for a unique, and easy experience.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Curious if there are any settings that should be set through the Franco kernel app or if the kernel enables these things by the nature of flashing it. Also the 1 tap to flash is great, truly makes for a unique, and easy experience.

Franco has his "recommended" settings by default so what you get out of the box is what he recommends. There is Vomertweaks,
http://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/vomertweaks-perfect-balance-performance-t2873369

My results with Vomertweaks on N6 (pre-r1 Franco release) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57808725&postcount=7
The vomertweaks that is uploaded is a newer version of it.

Nocturnal86

Jul 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Bug found in per app modes?

Franco. I think I found a bug with per app modes or the kernel? I set a per app mode for clash of clans at 1.0ghz max 300mhz min and 300mhz GPU and everything else is stock currently. I tested it out and it activates as normal (checking via system monitor window) but some times between switching between the game and other apps or home screen the min freq will stick at 1.0ghz and I have to tick it back to 300mhz. Is there a way I can catch this happening in a log to help you find out why it happens?

blueren

Jan 4, 2011
How well does this work with the incorporated battery saver on stock lollipop. Is there any benefit in using it? Or do you disable it altogether? Is there any benefit in running both or just asking for trouble? Thanks for the opportunity to run the best kernel on my Nexus, held off on rooting it as there was no point until now ???

They don't conflict. The default power saver in lollipop disables animations and some bg data syncs, apart form putting a cap on the max freq.

Reactions: occtec

noneabove

May 1, 2011
I'm so excited to try this out and get some real usage out of it.

Also, your app i think should be the standard on material design. I didn't like how it looked when you moved away from the original holo redesign, but now it's just gorgeous!

Reactions: franciscofranco

wrongway213

Recognized Dev & Contributor / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Google Pixel 7
Lightflow works, using now. Clear app data and reset notification settings, direct and root mode, and accessibility in your settings menu. Everytime you flash a ROM or kernel you have to do that on LightFlow.

Reactions: bradputt

lightsout

May 19, 2010
I also had the home button issue on liquid. No buggy but did think it was odd that when I opened the fk app it said my kernel was up to date although I wasn't even running Franco yet. In the older version of the app that screen used to show what kernel my phone was running.

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
Hmmm unfortunately this did not improve (not Francos fault just saying) the lag I'm getting in certain games.

The new Gta Chinatown Wars is still very laggy with this kernal even on performance mode on this device.

bradputt

Jun 16, 2010
Lightflow works, using now. Clear app data and reset notification settings, direct and root mode, and accessibility in your settings menu. Everytime you flash a ROM or kernel you have to do that on LightFlow.

my bad, did your recommendations and lightflow works now.

thanks a lot!! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (up to r19) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r20) are Android 5.1 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r32) are Android 6.0 Marshmallow only.
    Builds (starting with r53) are Android 7.0 Nougat only.
    Builds (starting with r60 up to r64) are Android 7.1.1 Nougat only.
    Builds (starting with r65 up to r75) are Android 7.1.1 Nougat March 2017 security patchset, or newer, only.
    Builds starting with r76 up to r77 are for Android Oreo and Pie custom roms.
    Builds starting with r78 are only for Android Pie.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
    5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    9 - No placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    10 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/shamu

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

FK Kernel Manager demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Change-log for r1 below.

I haven't included UV interface for now. It's more a commodity than a necessity and, as usual, as soon as I push UV users start messing with it and **** their phones (I've done this countless times, I know how it goes). I'll push UV sometime later. Also I'm gonna see if we can get some Gamma adjustments (no promise, I haven't even looked). Let's see how this develops over time. I've put some real thought into this r1 release, no bull**** as always.
    r6 is up for grabs!

The big difference here is that we're now using Conservative governor instead of Interactive and I would like to explain you why. With this 3.10 branch guys over Linux foundation unified the cpufreq driver a little bit, so Ondemand and Conservative share the same core code. They behave differently, but the main code path is the same. There is also a new and improvement scaling calculation which I enjoy. Then I remembered that back in the old 2.6.35 branches we had a little tweak on Conservative that made it aware of micro idle accounting, which means that it sampled the load every 10ms, making it very aware of any change on the system that required fast response (this is what Ondemand does), but still maintaining it's "conservative" style. It changes very fast so there's a perception that all possible lag is absolutely gone without relying on extreme touchboost technics or overusage of extra CPU cores (like mpdecision does). But at the same time it scales down as fast as it goes up, so you'll be seeing an even usage of all steps as well. Interactive as we all know it's a very customizable governor, lots of options, but its a bit weird when deciding what freqs to use (I still like it very much).

I think you'll enjoy this experience immensely. Zephik's been using this for the past days, and he got some amazing results. I've been impressed myself.

Hope you like the change.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way and has noticed this. Very well put.

On a side note Ive purchased fku app awhile back to support the dev. But no longer use it because of the problems I've seen with it and I personally get better results with a diff app. No biggie. But I'm not about to point out those issues because I know how hard dev works on this and I appreciate every second of it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Alright so what problems are you having with my app? I can't figure them out if I'm not having issues, so please let me know and I'll do my best, as usual, to improve the experience.

Well said, and in addition: chastising those who support you and made you who you are is not good form. I think the term is "biting the hand that feeds you".

I remember when you just got started. You were humble and kind. Don't let your ego get the best of you. You wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for us.

I mean this in all due respect. Sometimes people need a wake up call. I flashed lean kernel not because I was upset with your kernel, I did it because I was getting sick of the way you talk to people. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Peace.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ah comon cut the crap. I've always been like this, I write what I think, I don't hold back. I'm not biting any hands for ****s sake. Isn't the Kernel work that I do 100% for free? Don't you flash it for free? Don't I give you support for free? Sure we can talk about the app. Haven't I issued more than 200 updates since December 2012 (app release) 100% for free? Have I asked for anything more in return? Don't I give hourly support to all my users? I just frickin' rebuilt the app from scratch for 5 months. I slept through Christmas because I spent the week before having 1h sleep per-day to finish the app on time for Christmas so that users could enjoy it? Comon dude! Just because I'm direct and say what goes to my mind I'm already "biting on users hands" ?
    What I just wrote is a perfect example of writing what goes through my mind. From dealing with me this phrase says it all: "What you see is what you get".
    I'm sure LeanKernel will be awesome as well, Imoseyon's a great guy and knows his ****. Good luck!
    Pushed r17 which fixes the cpu0 bug **** and fixes a performance regression on sequential read speed.