[KERNEL][N6P] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r77 - 7th December - Oreo & Pie

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Thanks for the quick response. Where can I find information on how to go from system to systemless root, can't seem to find it on XDA (or i'm completely missing something).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64161125&postcount=3

This is the best development (pun intended) of the day! Thanks Franco!
You're also ****ing welcome :good:

Love Franco Kernel. So clean, smooth, and "basic".
Not meant as an insult, meant as a compliment.
Thanks.
Love the material design of the app.
You're ****ing welcome :good:

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Gonna try it out now! When FKU gets support for the 6P, will that include PAM? :fingers-crossed:
I need to fix Per-App Modes, thanks to 5.1.1 which killed the standard functionality. And yes, I'll also add Performance Profiles, I wanted to gather some community feedback before I built them.

Thanks again! :) Btw been using both your naptime and servicely app and love them both. About to flash this kernel and be set.
Servicely needs a fix because Android 5.1.1 killed half of it's functionality (but yeah you can still disable services). :)

Reactions: grv00711

Ranguvar

Jul 16, 2011
Rochester, NY
Looking good so far. Did notice that the big cores weren't utilized for apk install though, and that the big cores are getting offlined while browsing under light load -- I don't think stock offlined them except for temperature, but who knows, maybe I'm hitting that just a little.

Also hoping for sioplus eventually.

Been a franco fan since Galaxy Nexus, then to N4 and OPO, good to see you here man.

Last edited:

kingmikel

Oct 19, 2015
Looking good so far. Did notice that the big cores weren't utilized for apk install though, and that the big cores are getting offlined while browsing under light load -- I don't think stock offlined them except for temperature, but who knows, maybe I'm hitting that just a little.

I also noticed that the big cores are offline a lot.

Color control available ??/

Yes it is available :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: likonvampire

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos

Been a franco fan since Galaxy Nexus, then to N4 and OPO, good to see you here man.
The whole online/offline is handled by Perfd, it's stock behaviour. What I did change was reducing the load average to the absolute minimum, so cores don't have outstanding tasks to complete, so they can sleep, thus reducing power usage. Maybe the scheduler heuristics are determining there's no work to be migrated to the big cores, so they stay off. I don't know about apk installs, that's all handled by the framework and the cores will go online if there's demand and tasks to migrate to them. I also merged a couple patches from CAF which had newer code base for the scheduler with fixes etc, so that might be playing along with it. I'm still learning about this architecture (big.Little) so I don't have much to add besides the basic.

The high perf cluster uses ~4x more power than the low power cluster (comparing equal frequencies), so leaving them offline as much as possible is exactly what we want. Geekbench has exactly the same score as stock, so they are working as intended for high demanding tasks.

sioplus is irrelevant and not upstreamed. Unless there's empirical evidence of it's benefits against CFQ (which has been updated from upstream to behave properly for SSD-like storage) that's not going to change.

Franco-been a user of yours for years... Literally. Good to see you here. Thanks.

Any chance of swipe2wake? It's great while in the car dock...
Heya! I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't merge those features by principle. I've outlasted many Nexuses, I've seen a lot. Patches like that (not questioning the dev's ability to produce quality code) scream way more issues than they solve, and I cannot have that chance. I hope you understand and I won't be sad if you need to use another Kernel with support for those features :)

Color control available ??/

RGB yes.

Last edited:

530farm

Aug 3, 2012
Oakland
Because for 2.52 to work it needs a different sepolicy bin, and I can't use the old 6.0 binary from CF's initial Nexuses pre-rooted boot.img. And because system-less SuperSu is the future and it will let you flash OTAs on your device without wiping or extra cleaning.

Yes.
What if the Rom is prerooted with 2.52 like chroma?