[KERNEL][N72013] franco.Kernel - r31 - 19th April - Nougat & Oreo

Search This thread

cyanoviper

Feb 7, 2012
kitkat must have a huge impact, i can't even get close to that on paranoid android

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

mirco_pa

Oct 19, 2012
Guys what are you talking about? Stop blaming Franco, battery life is great with his kernel. If is not that good for you, check your damn wakelocks using betterbatterystats and Greenify battery-waster apps. Or you can undervolt your cpu instead in order to reduce battery consumption. If you use your tablet only for games, your battery CAN NOT last more than 4 hours of screen on time.
Check the screenshot: I used a lot Chrome, Twitter and several games (I'm not a gamer though)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387629316149.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387629316149.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 760
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387629333243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387629333243.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 779

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
Yes. I agree. I was thinking that when I read his post. I stayed at 100% for 12 hours of idle. Getting about an hour of SOT per 10%.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Checked yesterday AMD I was idling at about 1.7%. Dont believe I gave any wakelocks but let me check

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Checked yesterday AMD I was idling at about 1.7%. Dont believe I gave any wakelocks but let me check

Just checked and last night I idled at .7 ?

dud3me

Dec 9, 2010
Guys what are you talking about? Stop blaming Franco, battery life is great with his kernel. If is not that good for you, check your damn wakelocks using betterbatterystats and Greenify battery-waster apps. Or you can undervolt your cpu instead in order to reduce battery consumption. If you use your tablet only for games, your battery CAN NOT last more than 4 hours of screen on time.
Check the screenshot: I used a lot Chrome, Twitter and several games (I'm not a gamer though)

Can I ask what rom you're using? I got 5h so at 14% with 10min of badlands being the only gaming. Mostly chrome, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. And I'm on auto-brightness. I did watch 1h of video and it was stretched over 2 days so it's okay. Performance has been great too.

I had no unusual wake locks and idle battery has always been great for me on Franco and almost every other kernel I've tried too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

roblxskye

Jul 20, 2012

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

That sounds very ungrateful. Don't be like that.

I'm just asking .I just got a nexus7 2013 and bought froncos app.I'm no ungrateful .lol this guy.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

bokagavrilov

Jul 31, 2012

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

I'm just asking .I just got a nexus7 2013 and bought froncos app.I'm no ungrateful .lol this guy.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

There was a guy that was studying this device (look for voodoo Nexus 7 2013 display calibration in Google plus communities) you will find it there so you will access the beta, but he hasn't done much progress lately I think he is busy moving to an other country or something similar as far as I remember . It makes it a bit better deeper blacks and better whites and it's compatible with this kernel

Sent from my Nexus 7

mirco_pa

Oct 19, 2012
Can I ask what rom you're using? I got 5h so at 14% with 10min of badlands being the only gaming. Mostly chrome, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. And I'm on auto-brightness. I did watch 1h of video and it was stretched over 2 days so it's okay. Performance has been great too.

I had no unusual wake locks and idle battery has always been great for me on Franco and almost every other kernel I've tried too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I'm on stock rooted 4.4.2

Sent from my Xperia U using xda app-developers app

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Anyone else undervolting? I'm stable at 700mV for 384MHz frequency.

Edit: Franco, would you consider a test release with a 600mv limit, just to see how far the 384 frequency can go (like on the n5)?

Last edited:

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Anyone else undervolting? I'm stable at 700mV for 384MHz frequency.

Edit: Franco, would you consider a test release with a 600mv limit, just to see how far the 384 frequency can go (like on the n5)?

Too low is no good, for the sake of stability (when people don't know the risks) and its bad for the battery. Also too little voltage can use more battery apparently

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
too little voltage can use more battery apparently

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Never heard that one before lol.
The other CPU frequencies can't handle much UV, but the min frequencies (ie 384MHz) usually can handle a lot - for example, my nexus 5 has been running a -150mV to the 300MHz frequency and is now at 625mV without any problems, others with a higher CPU bin can do 600mV on that same frequency without issues so far.
It's not a big deal though, i'm just personally curious how low it can go compared to the newer qualcomm chips :)

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Never heard that one before lol.
The other CPU frequencies can't handle much UV, but the min frequencies (ie 384MHz) usually can handle a lot - for example, my nexus 5 has been running a -150mV to the 300MHz frequency and is now at 625mV without any problems, others with a higher CPU bin can do 600mV on that same frequency without issues so far.
It's not a big deal though, i'm just personally curious how low it can go compared to the newer qualcomm chips :)

Dunno if its true, I read it in a trinity thread and believed it
I just saw franco's hammerhead commit haha makes sense now
Keep in mind that the snapdragon in the N5 takes less voltage than the N7 by default
I am running at 825mV at 384 on my One, which is more like the N7 than the N5 is. However I am trying to not push mine :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    It should work on any rom by following this logic:
    Builds (starting with r18 up to r20) are Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
    Builds (starting with r21) are only for Lollipop 5.1.
    Builds (starting with r23) are for Marshmallow 6.0.1.
    Builds (starting with r23) are also compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and Android 7.1 Nougat .
    Builds starting with r31 are also compatible with Android 8.1.0 Oreo custom roms.

Download:
    Flash the latest release in your recovery:
    Marshmallow
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7_2/6.0.1/anyKernel/
    Nougat
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7_2/7.0/anyKernel/
    Nougat MR1
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7_2/7.1.2/anyKernel/
    Oreo
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7_2/8.1.0/anyKernel/

Installation:
    Flash the zip on your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz

Changelog:
    http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Nexus7_2/8.1.0/appfiles/changelog.xml

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/flo

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Pushed r10:

* Merged interactive patches from my N5 work
    * Tweak the governor tunables for a better battery : performance ratio
    * Added clocks up to 1,7GHz and made it the new default max frequency since this chip its mostly a Snapdragon 600 (which boots at 1,7GHz)
    * Improvements to my hotplug driver
    * Merged patches from upstream to improve the kthread management per cpu

Still not compatible with deb - as I said before I don't have the device and without someone to help me out (email me) there's not much I can do.

Enjoy!
    r4
    * Merge KEXEC patches to work with MultiRom from Tassadar
    * Merge all the work on the Hotplug driver from Mako
    * Merge all the work on the GPU governor from Mako
    * Merge my latest touch boost implementation directly from Mako
    * Disable AVS to allow for true undervolting (with AVS enabled it would regulate the voltages back to its default values internally)
    * Enable Module support for TouchControl
    * Should work fine with the latest PAC and Carbon rom nightlies
    * Other misc changes available on github repo

I was hoping for 4.4 to hit earlier, so I was holding off this release, but I'm glad I did because I could merge my latest codes from Mako. Hope you like it!
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

Thanks for being present the first 6 months of life of this device. More is coming and I hope you can stick to the ride with me ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app