S

sawdoctor

Just installed now. Thanks for your hard work, everything seems OK to me

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

truenitos

Feb 3, 2015
Panama
5.1.1 Test kernel here!

Please upgrade your ROM busybox from Playstore because most of custom ROM not compatible with new lollipop busybox. Before you dont upgrade your busybox please do not start synapse, it is crashing your profile. (This making to synapse working and any other script from my kernel.)

The kernel is fully autoroot 5.1.1 ROMs!

PM me to bugreports! :)

Just for N910C ???? LOL i tourght was for U too, i was incredible happy ! Sad

Gà super

Jun 20, 2015
V1.5 for n910u...?

5.1.1 Test kernel here!

Please upgrade your ROM busybox from Playstore because most of custom ROM not compatible with new lollipop busybox. Before you dont upgrade your busybox please do not start synapse, it is crashing your profile. (This making to synapse working and any other script from my kernel.)

The kernel is fully autoroot 5.1.1 ROMs!

PM me to bugreports! :)
:D

darkbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
I've been testing it on 5.1.1 for a few days on my 910C.

Generally everything is okay, but performance is a bit weird. General device speed is good, but browser based benchmarks are really slow, like half the speed (or even slower). This didn't happen with the 5.0 version of the kernel. Feel like something has gone weird with the HMP settings. If I watch the cool tool stats while benchmarking the A57's are pretty much all off are mostly at 1GHz or lower. The behaviour doesn't seem quite right.

djmax81

May 9, 2010
Edmonton,Alberta
Is anyone. Have random reboot? Or like if u in charging modeand if it reboot. It jst gonna go to the charging bootanim. And @djmax81 when u make ur thread? Cant wait any..

Soon.!!! Enough tho, im late for the party :p

Attachments

• 1441847743948.jpg
    1441847743948.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 616

mustafaakk

Feb 22, 2008
I've been testing it on 5.1.1 for a few days on my 910C.

Generally everything is okay, but performance is a bit weird. General device speed is good, but browser based benchmarks are really slow, like half the speed (or even slower). This didn't happen with the 5.0 version of the kernel. Feel like something has gone weird with the HMP settings. If I watch the cool tool stats while benchmarking the A57's are pretty much all off are mostly at 1GHz or lower. The behaviour doesn't seem quite right.

I tested also. It seems a little laggy to me. Screen stopped responding a few times even pressing power button doesn't work. I switched back to googy kernel... :(

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA Free mobile app

halaszk88

Oct 20, 2011
Abony
I tested also. It seems a little laggy to me. Screen stopped responding a few times even pressing power button doesn't work. I switched back to googy kernel... :(

Please send me logs when your phone will doing this!
My phone wasn't did this, but I will checking this if you send me logs!

Reactions: djmax81

kadiremrah

Aug 21, 2013
Nigde
Please use the phone with WiFi ON always. This is a known bug posted on post 2.
It is not important wifi is connected or not. Only use wifi toogle on. :)

white7561

Sep 27, 2013
Somewhere
@kadiremrah i did turn on wifi all time. But antutu benchmark runtime is crazyly so LOW. Other is right i think

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Btw. My apps sometime didnt start at boot and walllpaper changes to normal. This happends too on 5.0 on dr.ketan and on 5.1 wanam lite. Is it kernel issue? Thx

darkbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
This isn't the WiFi touch lag, it's a serious performance regression. I'm going to try flashing something else later to get more scores on 5.1 to confirm if this is a kernel issue or not, but so far the browser benches are really bad.

For example:

Google octane v2: 4800 (should be 7800)
Kraken: 7800ms (should be 4100ms)
Sunspider: 575ms (should be 400ms)

We have a 2nd 910C that's totally stock that got the official OTA today so I'll run the above on that later.

Reactions: white7561

darkbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
TL;DR = Disable HMP power aware in Synapse.

I've run some tests tonight against a stock N910C and narrowed down the issue. As expected the HMP settings are misconfigured causing a large performance loss. I suspect this comes from the fact this kernel is running Andrei's stock power aware settings, but different actual migration targets, meaning the HMP is just all over the place in lots of tests. This result in poor performance vs a stock device, and worse battery life than we've previous had. Once you tweak the settings you can get near stock performance. It would appear some attention should be paid to this before a 'stable' version of the 5.1.1 - Ideally with the power aware settings disabled by default or removed until some working configuration / migration target is found. In the current state having it enabled at default settings causes worse power and worse performance.

You can see from the benchmarks below on a stock device vs a flashed device, the performance difference and how much turning off HMP power aware makes to the performance. I'd recommend anyone running the test kernel for now to disable that setting to restore the lost performance (and battery life) and better HMP handling. It should be noted that HMP power aware is a good thing and is better, but just requires setting up properly. With better settings down the line it might be better to use it instead.

Stock N910C 5.1.1 OTA (knox not tripped):

Google octane: 8680
Kraken: 4492.5ms
Sunspider: 556.4ms

Basemark OS II System: 2742
Basemark OSII Graphics: 1687

N910C 5.1.1 (wanamlite) with Perseus-halaszk test kernel - A53 1.5GHz / A57 1.9GHz Heavy undervolt (-150mV) - HMP settings stock

Google Octane: 7175 (-17.3%)
Kraken: 5100.0ms (-11.9%)
Sunspider: 642.4ms (-13.4%)

Basemark OS II System: 2399 (-12.6%)
Basemark OS II Graphics: 1417 (-16.0%)

Mean performance change: -14.2%

N910C 5.1.1 (wanamlite) with Perseus-halaszk test kernel - A53 1.5GHz / A57 1.9GHz Heavy undervolt (-150mV) - HMP power aware scheduling disabled

Google Octane: 8253 (-4.9%)
Kraken: 4456.2ms (+0.8%)
Sunspider: 587.8ms (-5.3%)

Basemark OS II System: 3147 (+14.8%)
Basemark OS II Graphics: 1655 (-1.9%)

Mean performance change: +3.5%

The difference in Octane and sunspider remaining after disabling HMP power aware are because the kernel still uses a much more aggressive up threshold for HMP migrations (870) vs stock (512?). This causes a slight performance loss at a power gain. This isn't a misconfiguration, just a trade off. You could fix this by just lower the up threshold down slightly if you wanted peak performance above all else. The large gain in the Basemark system vs stock comes from a large undervolt the flashed device is running. The CPU benchmark in basemark is much longer than the browser benchmarks so shows thermal throttling on the stock device, but not on the flashed device. A prime example of how undervolting is a performance gain.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - FIRST READ -
    ** THIS CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE **
    ** ONLY FOR SM-N910C/H MARSHMALLOW**
    IF YOU NEVER FLASH AND SET A KERNEL BE AWARE
    IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THIS KERNEL FLASH OTHER CUSTOM KERNELS
    (GoogyMaxN4 or Wanam or Ultimate)

I asked for permission to announce this kernel and All credits goes to @halaszk88

DONATE to halaszk88
    (Every Coffee you send, will help him to work overnights :) )

Github Source:
    2016.05.06 - All Sources are up to date V2.2MM Version

Kernel Download:

Thanks;
    Credits,and big thanks to:

-halaszk88
    -AndreiLux
    -UpInTheAir
    -Faux123
    -Yank555.lu
    -Friedrich420
    -Dorimanx
    -Alucard24
    -Flar2
    -Myfluxi
    -Savoca
    -TwistedUmbrella
    -and to many many others!
    Kernel V1.1 Update:

• wireless: dhd: Enable standby ARP and multicast packet filters
    • security: SELinux: revert Samsung hard enforcing
    • cpufreq: Remember last policy min/max on cluster restart
    • HMP: Added HMP_LITTLE_PACKING control from sysfs
    • HMP: sched: Clean up hmp_up_threshold checks
    • HMP: fix out-of-range CPU possible
    • HMP: Do not fork-boost tasks coming from PIDs <= 2
    • HMP: Make idle balance behaviour normal when HMP: HMP_LITTLE_PACKING is disabled
    • ARM: Mali-T760: disabled min/max lock sysfs
    • Various sched/mm/writeback/workqueue fixes
    • gpio: sysfs: fix memory leak in gpiod_export_link
    • gpio: sysfs: fix memory leak in gpiod_sysfs_set_active_low
    • ARM: DMA: ensure that old section mappings are flushed from the TLB
    • cpufreq: interactive: merge interactive governor from new G920F source
    • input_booster: ported from SM-G920F
    • cypress-touchkey: Added input-booster event (from S6)
    • misc: Input booster: Allow configurable levels
    • Exynos-Thermal: Smoothen throttling levels
    • CPUFREQ: EGL: increase booting freq to 1.7GHz
    • ARM: enable UNALIGNED_ACCESS

Synapse:

• Added HMP packing mode control for Advanced TAB ( Auto mode will be able to use automatic when you are in POWER_SAVE_MOD in TW ROM, if disabled POWER_SAVE_MOD hmp_little_packing auto disabled so kernel use normal packing (more performance)

Download at my github: Perseus-halaszk-universal5433
    Kernel V1.3 Update:

Kernel:

• Merged N910CXXU1BNL8 sourcecode from OSRC release.
    • Drivers: battery: fully reverted stupid fast_charging driver and make Universal5433 Max77843 charge control (original version thx to Andreilux)
    • Mach-Exynos: added exynos-interface for control min/max online SOC core control
    • Varios fixes for workqueue/procfs/mm/iosched/ext4/sched/irq
    • I think the WIFI touchlag has gone away
    • I made Device Tree image file generating script, now we can use a compiled dt.img from our dts source code.

Synapse:

• I added a new TAB to Synapse: HMP: under this TAB we can controlling HMP UP/DOWN migrating thresholds
    • New charge-control interface under Battery TAB: support and fully controlled the normal and the adaptive-fastcharging, USB, and various MHL charging current.

Bugs - Screen Shots

-BUGS-
    WiFi must be always ON to prevent MicroLags, TouchLag, UI Lag (Discussed on AndreiLux issue tracker)

-My Personel Settings-
    https://youtu.be/W1if5mkhY1Q

My personel settings are like this. UnderVolt settings will not be compitable with yours. Every SoC has it's own UV capability so try and find yours.

-Power Advantage Calculation for My SoC -
    Exynos5433_T760.png

As per AndreiLux's measurment:
    "A57 are about 1.87 more efficient in performance per Mhz and 4.23 times less efficient in perf/W outside of voltage droop."

-Benchmark ScreenShots-
    Kernel V1.4 Update for N910C/H/U:

Kernel:

• Merged N910CXXU1BOE3 Sourcedrop
    • Updated Linux mainstream to 3.10.82
    • Varios fixes for writeback/fs/cpufreq/kernel-scheduler/Wifi-driver/ARM-platforms/mm/kthread_work/smp
    • Drivers: GPU: optimize min/max threshold in dvfs table
    • Exynos5433-common DTS: merge input_booster and IPA config from exynos7420-zero-common
    • Dynamic CPU Hotplug: ported exynos-interface from Universal5410 to control min/max online core control
    • Drivers: sensorhub: reduce wakelock time
    • Drivers: GPU: less dvfs polling time
    • Added fully support for SM-N910U device, now we have a barebone kernel for (C/H/U)
    • Kernel now fully compiled from DTS device tree source

Synapse:

• Added Exynos Core control
    • Various ramfs tweaks

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone