May 9, 2010
Edmonton,Alberta
I found a rom CM12.1 of n910c,I tested on my n910u ,it works but no network
I think the kernel,because I try to run it along your kernel
it has network but other things not work
Please help make it work on n910u
http://teameos.org
Thank you

Halaszk kernel is only for Samsung touchwiz based roms so do not try it to use With cm12 or you might end up softbrick your N910U .

In my opinion wait for few time more till developers make more stable version for cm12 and then later it will be easy to port it to N910U coz there is not much difference between N910U and N910C (just the modem + Audio )

And kindly post on there thread over XDA for help.

Reactions: Gà super

Gà super

Jun 20, 2015
so nobody else can

halaszk kernel is only for samsung touchwiz based roms so do not try it to use with cm12 or you might end up softbrick your n910u .

In my opinion wait for few time more till developers make more stable version for cm12 and then later it will be easy to port it to n910u coz there is not much difference between n910u and n910c (just the modem + audio )

and kindly post on there thread over xda for help.

???

halaszk88

Account currently disabled
Oct 20, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
The different of the N910C and U device is only modem. N910C have ST-Ericsson modem, N910U have Intel modem. Any other component is matching :)

Halaszk kernel is only for Samsung touchwiz based roms so do not try it to use With cm12 or you might end up softbrick your N910U .

In my opinion wait for few time more till developers make more stable version for cm12 and then later it will be easy to port it to N910U coz there is not much difference between N910U and N910C (just the modem + Audio )

And kindly post on there thread over XDA for help.

Gà super

Jun 20, 2015
The different of the N910C and U device is only modem. N910C have ST-Ericsson modem, N910U have Intel modem. Any other component is matching :)
so how can I use the AOSP ROM or cm12.1 of n910c

Gửi từ SM-N910C của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Friend no need to be sad I see what i can do for N910U devise will pm you an test if you in.
I wait your good news

Gửi từ SM-N910C của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

darkbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
I was playing the with governor settings earlier and noticed that you can't change the target load setting. Whenever the big cluster turns on the target load setting will default back to 75 no matter what it was set to before. If you stay on only the little cluster than it will hold whatever setting you pick. Any work around for this?

white7561

Sep 27, 2013
Somewhere
For which update?
Proximity sensor bug can only solved when BOG1 Source code is released. I have inqueried it and waiting. On BOE3 and under firmares there is no proximity problem.
Ok thx. And are the charging current status is live? Like In real time? Cool. And can we change the fast charging current too? Thx. For the kernel btw

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

For which update?
Proximity sensor bug can only solved when BOG1 Source code is released. I have inqueried it and waiting. On BOE3 and under firmares there is no proximity problem.
Btw. Can A53 really go above 1.5 without forcing the min freq to 1.5 on a53?

kadiremrah

Aug 21, 2013
Nigde
Ok thx. And are the charging current status is live? Like In real time? Cool. And can we change the fast charging current too? Thx. For the kernel btw

Yes you can see charge current live.
HV/Mains Charge current settings set Fast Charge currents.

Btw. Can A53 really go above 1.5 without forcing the min freq to 1.5 on a53?
My SoC can go up to 1.6GHz stable on A53
And some users report 1.7GHz stable

Last edited:
Reactions: white7561

darkbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
The only thing to watch is the perf/watt of the A53's at those speeds is often worse than the A57s, meaning it's actually better to not overclock and to move to the big cluster. 1.5GHz with a decent undervolt is pretty much the sweetspot on the A53's, any higher can you risk just wasting power without some careful voltage control. You probably need at least a -150mv undervolt minimum for 1.6Ghz to be worth any consideration unless your big cluster voltages are really poor.

white7561

Sep 27, 2013
Somewhere
The only thing to watch is the perf/watt of the A53's at those speeds is often worse than the A57s, meaning it's actually better to not overclock and to move to the big cluster. 1.5GHz with a decent undervolt is pretty much the sweetspot on the A53's, any higher can you risk just wasting power without some careful voltage control. You probably need at least a -150mv undervolt minimum for 1.6Ghz to be worth any consideration unless your big cluster voltages are really poor.
I used to oc fine. But without knowing how to watch the perf/watt and things. Can maybe u help me how to measure it? Thx. I really appreciate your help :)

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Yes you can see charge current live.
HV/Mains Charge current settings set Fast Charge currents.

My SoC can go up to 1.6GHz stable on A53
And some users report 1.7GHz stable
What your asv group? I gonna get n910h soon. So i hope getting high asv group :D

Heroeagle

Sep 20, 2011
cairo
hi all

just small question . is all A53 cores always online or depending on the load .. can one or more of them be offline ?

thanks

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
do we need to apply the s6 ram management fix on build.prop or the kernel already have better ram management ? @kadiremrah

Check your default.prop . I recall halaszk88 has set the entries there in his kernel ;)

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

hi all

just small question . is all A53 cores always online or depending on the load .. can one or more of them be offline ?

thanks

In default hotplug, all big.LITTLE cores are on when screen is on. Use the Synapse core control to set 1>8 cores . Eg. If you set 4, all A57 cores will be offline, but I found my own Note Edge kernel to be quite laggy. If you set core control to 3, then all A57 + A53x1 cores are offline, and so on...

darkbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
I used to oc fine. But without knowing how to watch the perf/watt and things. Can maybe u help me how to measure it? Thx. I really appreciate your help :)

If you know your voltages it's possible to roughly calculate it from information helpfully provided by Andrei before. For most people the 1.5GHz is going the sweet spot on the A53's, more so since the A53's have no temp sensor (so presumably no throttling) you don't want to run them too hard.

hi all

thanks

In default hotplug, all big.LITTLE cores are on when screen is on. Use the Synapse core control to set 1>8 cores . Eg. If you set 4, all A57 cores will be offline, but I found my own Note Edge kernel to be quite laggy. If you set core control to 3, then all A57 + A53x1 cores are offline, and so on...

All cores are 'on', but unused ones go into low power states so it isn't quite the same thing. Cores in WFI & ultimately retention use very little power so aren't a concern. This state is available to all cores in the system so the A53 cores will go in and out of retention while the screen is on similar to how systems will have hotplugged in the past, expect retention is a much faster state to enter and exit so cores can drop into low power far more often. The hard hotplugging the kernel provides is interesting as a toy to play with (for benching A53's for example), but for practical use the retention states are far more effective than actually doing hotplugging while the device is in use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - FIRST READ -
    ** THIS CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE **
    ** ONLY FOR SM-N910C/H MARSHMALLOW**
    IF YOU NEVER FLASH AND SET A KERNEL BE AWARE
    IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THIS KERNEL FLASH OTHER CUSTOM KERNELS
    (GoogyMaxN4 or Wanam or Ultimate)

I asked for permission to announce this kernel and All credits goes to @halaszk88

DONATE to halaszk88
    (Every Coffee you send, will help him to work overnights :) )

Github Source:
    2016.05.06 - All Sources are up to date V2.2MM Version

Kernel Download:

Thanks;
    Credits,and big thanks to:

-halaszk88
    -AndreiLux
    -UpInTheAir
    -Faux123
    -Yank555.lu
    -Friedrich420
    -Dorimanx
    -Alucard24
    -Flar2
    -Myfluxi
    -Savoca
    -TwistedUmbrella
    -and to many many others!
    Kernel V1.1 Update:

• wireless: dhd: Enable standby ARP and multicast packet filters
    • security: SELinux: revert Samsung hard enforcing
    • cpufreq: Remember last policy min/max on cluster restart
    • HMP: Added HMP_LITTLE_PACKING control from sysfs
    • HMP: sched: Clean up hmp_up_threshold checks
    • HMP: fix out-of-range CPU possible
    • HMP: Do not fork-boost tasks coming from PIDs <= 2
    • HMP: Make idle balance behaviour normal when HMP: HMP_LITTLE_PACKING is disabled
    • ARM: Mali-T760: disabled min/max lock sysfs
    • Various sched/mm/writeback/workqueue fixes
    • gpio: sysfs: fix memory leak in gpiod_export_link
    • gpio: sysfs: fix memory leak in gpiod_sysfs_set_active_low
    • ARM: DMA: ensure that old section mappings are flushed from the TLB
    • cpufreq: interactive: merge interactive governor from new G920F source
    • input_booster: ported from SM-G920F
    • cypress-touchkey: Added input-booster event (from S6)
    • misc: Input booster: Allow configurable levels
    • Exynos-Thermal: Smoothen throttling levels
    • CPUFREQ: EGL: increase booting freq to 1.7GHz
    • ARM: enable UNALIGNED_ACCESS

Synapse:

• Added HMP packing mode control for Advanced TAB ( Auto mode will be able to use automatic when you are in POWER_SAVE_MOD in TW ROM, if disabled POWER_SAVE_MOD hmp_little_packing auto disabled so kernel use normal packing (more performance)

Download at my github: Perseus-halaszk-universal5433
    Kernel V1.3 Update:

Kernel:

• Merged N910CXXU1BNL8 sourcecode from OSRC release.
    • Drivers: battery: fully reverted stupid fast_charging driver and make Universal5433 Max77843 charge control (original version thx to Andreilux)
    • Mach-Exynos: added exynos-interface for control min/max online SOC core control
    • Varios fixes for workqueue/procfs/mm/iosched/ext4/sched/irq
    • I think the WIFI touchlag has gone away
    • I made Device Tree image file generating script, now we can use a compiled dt.img from our dts source code.

Synapse:

• I added a new TAB to Synapse: HMP: under this TAB we can controlling HMP UP/DOWN migrating thresholds
    • New charge-control interface under Battery TAB: support and fully controlled the normal and the adaptive-fastcharging, USB, and various MHL charging current.

Bugs - Screen Shots

-BUGS-
    WiFi must be always ON to prevent MicroLags, TouchLag, UI Lag (Discussed on AndreiLux issue tracker)

-My Personel Settings-
    https://youtu.be/W1if5mkhY1Q

My personel settings are like this. UnderVolt settings will not be compitable with yours. Every SoC has it's own UV capability so try and find yours.

-Power Advantage Calculation for My SoC -
    Exynos5433_T760.png

As per AndreiLux's measurment:
    "A57 are about 1.87 more efficient in performance per Mhz and 4.23 times less efficient in perf/W outside of voltage droop."

-Benchmark ScreenShots-
    Kernel V1.4 Update for N910C/H/U:

Kernel:

• Merged N910CXXU1BOE3 Sourcedrop
    • Updated Linux mainstream to 3.10.82
    • Varios fixes for writeback/fs/cpufreq/kernel-scheduler/Wifi-driver/ARM-platforms/mm/kthread_work/smp
    • Drivers: GPU: optimize min/max threshold in dvfs table
    • Exynos5433-common DTS: merge input_booster and IPA config from exynos7420-zero-common
    • Dynamic CPU Hotplug: ported exynos-interface from Universal5410 to control min/max online core control
    • Drivers: sensorhub: reduce wakelock time
    • Drivers: GPU: less dvfs polling time
    • Added fully support for SM-N910U device, now we have a barebone kernel for (C/H/U)
    • Kernel now fully compiled from DTS device tree source

Synapse:

• Added Exynos Core control
    • Various ramfs tweaks