[KERNEL][NB1][9] fuHKernel [30-JUNE-2022]

Search This thread

zbieracz2000

Feb 12, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S4
i9100
fuH Kernel is a custom kernel for Nokia 8 (NB1) running Android 9 Pie, based on official HMD sources.
I am not responsible for any software damage, lost files, dead Nokias, rusted Civics, thermonuclear war and rotten bananas. YOU ARE INSTALLING THIS KERNEL ON YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY!​
##############################
Features 26/6/2022

- NTFS R/W support
- F2FS R/W support
- schedutil governor
- CPU Overclock and Underclock (from 175MHz up to 2,6GHz for big cluser, and up to 2,1GHz for little cluster!)
- GPU Overclock (up to 850MHz)
-KCal support
- Magisk 24.1
- OrangeFox Recovery

Requirements

- A working driver for your device.
- Unlocked bootloader
- Latest Android update (from october 2020)

Installation Instructions
- adb devices
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash boot fuHKernel_by_zbieracz2000_300622.img
- fastboot reboot​

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-220146.png
    Screenshot_20220626-220146.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20220626-220223.png
    Screenshot_20220626-220223.png
    282.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Admittedly many people are using A12 Treble ports, me included. Stock is a very unfair ROM, because for example it caps big at 2.36GHz instead of the advertised 2.45.

Furthermore, there isn't really a good Kernel on A12 NB1 ROMs. They all underperform compared to stock. So zbier has the power to change a world in his hands.

The issue with this Kernel is that when I try to use 2592MHz big, as soon as I open an app, max goes back to 2361. Little cores do listen but when opening an app, they always boost to 2112 regardless of the limit I set. Maybe this is MPDecision problem?

Also GPU overclock brings no improvement at all over stock 710MHz

Last edited:

zbieracz2000

Feb 12, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S4
i9100
The issue with this Kernel is that when I try to use 2592MHz big, as soon as I open an app, max goes back to 2361. Little cores do listen but when opening an app, they always boost to 2112 regardless of the limit I set. Maybe this is MPDecision problem?

Also GPU overclock brings no improvement at all over stock 710MHz
What app do you use? It works perfectly on EX Kernel Manager

On Schedutil governor the big CPU overclock "works"

What I mean with works is that the frequency does go above 2361MHz stock, but it doesn't ACTUALLY reach 2592. It simply reaches the max stock limit for MSM8998, which is 2457MHz and has been capped to 2361MHz on Nokia 8. I noticed from the Geekbench scores.

GPU doesn't OC at all. 850MHz = 710MHz and 770MHz = 670MHz. The system is ignoring the values.

Reactions: P650SE

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
@TechNoobForSale

Can you confirm whether fast charging works for you on this kernel? I have tried both fuHKernel and Umbrella kernels but neither of them seem to charge more than 1.1A with a Quick Charge 3.0 plug. When I previously used Treble custom ROMs I could charge at the full 3A maximum.

@TechNoobForSale

Can you confirm whether fast charging works for you on this kernel? I have tried both fuHKernel and Umbrella kernels but neither of them seem to charge more than 1.1A with a Quick Charge 3.0 plug. When I previously used Treble custom ROMs I could charge at the full 3A maximum.
Can't confirm or deny. Mine charges at 1.4A off of a powerbank. This Kernel is essentially stock Kernel but with "Overclock" (not really, it's just stock Kernel with an ATTEMPT to overclock).

Try different plugs.

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Can't confirm or deny. Mine charges at 1.4A off of a powerbank. This Kernel is essentially stock Kernel but with "Overclock" (not really, it's just stock Kernel with an ATTEMPT to overclock).

Try different plugs.

Alright, thanks. I have actually retested just now using a dedicated USB voltage tester with a different plug and cable. Here are my findings: With a standard 2.4A non-Quick Charge charger it charges at 1.4A which is the same as what you're getting from the powerbank. If I use my Qualcomm charger it increases slightly to 1.5A. This is still half of the 3A speed I was getting on the custom ROMs.

I will try reflashing the stock kernel and see if there's any difference. Otherwise, I have no idea why I am not able to achieve the full charging speed anymore.

In fact, the only reason I use the custom kernel is for KCAL colour adjustment. Because my phone has a third-party replacement LCD and I have to use kernel adjustment to increase the saturation. I'm not fussed about the overclocking or performance enhancements.

Reactions: TechNoobForSale
Alright, thanks. I have actually retested just now using a dedicated USB voltage tester with a different plug and cable. Here are my findings: With a standard 2.4A non-Quick Charge charger it charges at 1.4A which is the same as what you're getting from the powerbank. If I use my Qualcomm charger it increases slightly to 1.5A. This is still half of the 3A speed I was getting on the custom ROMs.

I will try reflashing the stock kernel and see if there's any difference. Otherwise, I have no idea why I am not able to achieve the full charging speed anymore.

In fact, the only reason I use the custom kernel is for KCAL colour adjustment. Because my phone has a third-party replacement LCD and I have to use kernel adjustment to increase the saturation. I'm not fussed about the overclocking or performance enhancements.
The reason I’m using custom kernel is because being locked at 2361MHz instead of getting what 835 was rated for was making me angry. Also I wanted frequency control.

I think that maybe Nokia 8 doesn’t support QuickCharge 3.0 which is why it doesn’t manage 3A. Probably a thing introduced by A12/A11 ROMs, I used to use them but I reverted back to stock partition table because they perform worse.

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
The reason I’m using custom kernel is because being locked at 2361MHz instead of getting what 835 was rated for was making me angry. Also I wanted frequency control.

I think that maybe Nokia 8 doesn’t support QuickCharge 3.0 which is why it doesn’t manage 3A. Probably a thing introduced by A12/A11 ROMs, I used to use them but I reverted back to stock partition table because they perform worse.

Yeah I think you're perhaps right. It's probable the Nokia 8 doesn't even officially support Quick Charge despite having the capabilities to do so. It's been so long since I used the stock ROM that I don't remember. It doesn't state anything about QC on the phone's box.

I tried switching off the phone completely and retesting the charging speed in offline mode (without booting Android) which gives the same speed of around 1.4A. So I guess that confirms it is nothing to do with the kernel.

I agree it's frustrating that the clock speed is limited in the stock kernel. I don't understand why they do that. The reason I switched back to stock ROM is mainly due to the WiFi signal. In the custom ROMs the signal is terrible and constantly disconnects from the router. I don't have this issue in stock ROM. I also hate the Material You redesign in A12 and refuse to upgrade to that version.

Reactions: TechNoobForSale

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On Schedutil governor the big CPU overclock "works"

What I mean with works is that the frequency does go above 2361MHz stock, but it doesn't ACTUALLY reach 2592. It simply reaches the max stock limit for MSM8998, which is 2457MHz and has been capped to 2361MHz on Nokia 8. I noticed from the Geekbench scores.

GPU doesn't OC at all. 850MHz = 710MHz and 770MHz = 670MHz. The system is ignoring the values.
    @TechNoobForSale

Try different plugs.

Try different plugs.