[KERNEL] Nebula 2E Rev1.0.0 [20160317] [D85X/F400/LS990/VS985]

Search This thread

Omar-Avelar

Feb 3, 2013
Great kernel and I am glad you revived it and how you will still be working with it.

Hey, so I use a Qi Wireless Charger with my D855, While using older Kernels such as 12.3 the wireless charging would stop after reaching 100% and reduce the heat transfered to the phone as it was left overnight once that point reached.

However the D855 with the Kernel used here keeps it charging so that it never loses 100% but on a night charge (~8hrs) that keeps the heat on the phone for longer periods of time, this is usually really bad for the lithium batteries found in our phones as heat degrades them a lot.

I don't see this problem with regular USB charging as that is not that heat intensive as the Qi chargers.

Do you know exactly where in the sysfs can this be controlled? I would like to keep charging auto-disabled for wireless charging. :)

Reactions: FahrenGrade

Dudebowski

Mar 1, 2011
Chicago
Some folks in the g3 forums are wondering why super su bootloops marshmallow... LG's bootloader self-checking is temperamental to any changes. Black screen and tiny white text saying something like

" secure booting error cause boot certification verify "

Then goes dark and the led flashes intermittent blue and red

* insert krs-1 whoop whoop*

Anyways, this flashable will bump the original back into place, just run it at the end of your twerp script. It's also patch for the overboard stock display's sharpening setting, so two bird one stone, select zero during the AROMA script.

Whatever chainfire is doing with the bootloader, it's apparently unnecessary after his script is completed cuz su is still installed properly after you've bump'dd the bootloader back to normal.

THIS IS FOR LG G3 DEVICES ONLY
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/orig-development/fix-sharpening-mod-script-1-0-beta-t2957648

Last edited:

Cuffuffles

Dec 18, 2014
Some folks in the g3 forums are wondering why super su bootloops marshmallow... LG's bootloader self-checking is temperamental to any changes. Black screen and tiny white text saying something like

" secure booting error cause boot certification verify "

Then goes dark and the led flashes intermittent blue and red

* insert krs-1 whoop whoop*

Anyways, this flashable will bump the original back into place, just run it at the end of your twerp script. It's also patch for the overboard stock display's sharpening setting, so two bird one stone, select zero during the AROMA script.

Whatever chainfire is doing with the bootloader, it's apparently unnecessary after his script is completed cuz su is still installed properly after you've bump'dd the bootloader back to normal.

THIS IS FOR LG G3 DEVICES ONLY
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/orig-development/fix-sharpening-mod-script-1-0-beta-t2957648
Or set selinux to permissive and install SuperSU normally to /system

Reactions: TheAngryAvocado

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
FYI: Im still here.. I didnt give up.. Things have been crazy.. gota give me time......

I am already releasing my self from anymore Ports of MultiRom............. I just cant do that anymore.. Not enough time..........

I keep to my Kernels cause its Signature related..... and I keep my promise I made here.... Just been really busy right now.. I havent even touched anything android related
for the past 3 days.. working out in this HEAT wave for the past 3 days has just about made my head spin..

And the V10 has taken alot of time as well. But I can say this, you peepz here are 10X better to deal with then them V10 peepz, Already someone had to learn the hard way
about me.. Accused me of wanting to brick peoples devices. IF that was the case.. I dont think I would have over 7,000 thanks......... next to his 10.............
And he ran to a mod on me too.. That also did him no good. I called him out on it too.. Then Mr Judge Dredd got involved, and that shut the dude up for good.
Which allowed me to get back to work.... But them peepz now learned I dont play games. and im sure not going to hold anyones hand.....

I hope nobody here minds, but I used the G3 peepz in my kernel threads as an example of peeps that have respect....................
I didnt know I had to deal with little kidz that need you to hold their hands every step of the way on one of my V10 threads...
my thread shot up 6 pages of post an hour...... I still cant figure out where all them peepz came from.........

Anyhow......... I just wanted to touch base and lets ya all know I havent left........... Just plz give me abit more time..
I even bricked 2 v10's. about broke my record. I only bricked 2 g3's in the past.. but yea I got replacements on all my v10's..........
I know what I was doing............. but I had to test to make sure I was right about something.. but I wouldnt of done it if I didnt have a replacement on its way...

G3 is still easier to develop for........ the V10 is just as much of a nightmare as the G5.............................

I did goto the store the other day and looked at the G5.. Its so small I almost missed it........
reminded me of my LG F6 days............

:) anyhow l8rz peepz...........

Taracair

Sep 10, 2011
We all appreciate your hard work here, that's obvious. Take your time. Please consider small advice - focus on one thing instead of working on 5 different things. I'm not into programming, but it's good idea to work with everything around.

foxtaur

Jun 4, 2015
winnipeg
FYI: Im still here..

I did goto the store the other day and looked at the G5.. Its so small I almost missed it........
reminded me of my LG F6 days............

:) anyhow l8rz peepz...........

yet the g5 has a sweet attachment for an insanely awesome DAC for audio. It will be the phone to go to for audiophiles. (ATM that champ goes to HTC and some samsung units)The DAC is supposedly comparable if not better to the wolfsons that sammy add to them. I have a shure srh840 amd a brainwavz and the ****ty ath50x audiotechnicas with poor sound stage.

NB = considering getting the fa-011 fischer open cans for listening to electronica,house, techno swing etc.... OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NB = BTW dropped in to tell ya that nebula2e kernel works like a charm when you plug in the wallwart.
I'm going to mention joe's and acc kernel but its pertaining to the fast-charge connection. you plug it in, it works, but after a while during sleep mode and when you wake it back up . the phone stops recharging even though its not fully done charging. its like there is some processes stopping it from charging. Yours is the only kernel that this doesn't occur on strangely. This "might" be bc fast charge isn't implemented yet but I digress. Once you add fast-charge lend joe and team acc a hand. Bc its weird this issue has persisted and im not sure if it'll migrate onto nebula in the foreseeable future. Its a weird bug. I'm just pointing out something that will definitely annoy some peeps out there. Me and my damn premonitions lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Scorp123

Sinterion

May 24, 2014
Motorola Atrix HD
Moto Z2 Force
@Eliminater74 I'm still here, haven't touched another kernel because I like seeing people try/struggle, not just whipping out kernel updates whenever he/she/they feel like it's been too long without keeping much contact with the people who have problems.

If you need a tester for D850, just PM me, I'll be happy to assist.

Reactions: Eliminater74

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
yet the g5 has a sweet attachment for an insanely awesome DAC for audio. It will be the phone to go to for audiophiles. (ATM that champ goes to HTC and some samsung units)The DAC is supposedly comparable if not better to the wolfsons that sammy add to them. I have a shure srh840 amd a brainwavz and the ****ty ath50x audiotechnicas with poor sound stage.

NB = considering getting the fa-011 fischer open cans for listening to electronica,house, techno swing etc.... OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NB = BTW dropped in to tell ya that nebula2e kernel works like a charm when you plug in the wallwart.
I'm going to mention joe's and acc kernel but its pertaining to the fast-charge connection. you plug it in, it works, but after a while during sleep mode and when you wake it back up . the phone stops recharging even though its not fully done charging. its like there is some processes stopping it from charging. Yours is the only kernel that this doesn't occur on strangely. This "might" be bc fast charge isn't implemented yet but I digress. Once you add fast-charge lend joe and team acc a hand. Bc its weird this issue has persisted and im not sure if it'll migrate onto nebula in the foreseeable future. Its a weird bug. I'm just pointing out something that will definitely annoy some peeps out there. Me and my damn premonitions lol

You do know the V10 has the DAC?? The Stock LP sound sucked, I had to modify the Mixer_paths.xml to get louder sound.. but its nice............
The V10 was really the first of the LG devices to get the DAC.. Now the v10 has Stock MM, and sound works even better...

And as for Joe, Hes in one of our Hangouts channels.. there are like 5 of us there.. I talk to joe all the time.. Good dude....... He has alot of heart. Which is funny for anyone that is part of the Broken Team.....

But, yea the guy at the store asked why I like LG so much.. He was a sammy freak.. I did buy a Samsung Gear S2 Classic watch............ This thing is nice.........
strange to have a separate phone number just for a watch.. And its water Resistance..

foxtaur

Jun 4, 2015
winnipeg
You do know the V10 has the DAC?? The Stock LP sound sucked, I had to modify the Mixer_paths.xml to get louder sound.. but its nice............
The V10 was really the first of the LG devices to get the DAC.. Now the v10 has Stock MM, and sound works even better...

And as for Joe, Hes in one of our Hangouts channels.. there are like 5 of us there.. I talk to joe all the time.. Good dude....... He has alot of heart. Which is funny for anyone that is part of the Broken Team.....

But, yea the guy at the store asked why I like LG so much.. He was a sammy freak.. I did buy a Samsung Gear S2 Classic watch............ This thing is nice.........
strange to have a separate phone number just for a watch.. And its water Resistance..

HI-FI plus Audio DAC module. This things gonna kick ass. add a seperate wolfson Amp or sony variant one and some kickass high impedence headphones and the sound will be unreal. This will truly shine on lossless audio formats
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/lg-g5-hi-fi-plus-modular-hi-res-dac/

NB = Our needs are different, while I love ready to go custom rom phones + twrp and all. I dont mind staying on stock rom on the g5 if i can get a hold of this module. I'm an audiophile, and this is gold for me. The g5 can wait for custom roms. Im sure sooner or later a scene will start emerging for the lg g5 tmobile variant. Iv'e already messed around with a stock rom for a g5. Its snappy and doesnt suffer from UI lag that I know of.

My final verdict will be to compare the V10 audio vs lg g5 in realtime, signal to noise ratio, crosstalk, impedence mismatching,clean filtering and im sure there are upgrades with the audio module's dsp processing unit that samples, quantizes and convolutes signals incredibly well. For the longest time HTC has been champ in the field but im left bore with what they present at the table in terms of other phone features

Last edited:

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
HI-FI plus Audio DAC module. This things gonna kick ass. add a seperate wolfson Amp or sony variant one and some kickass high impedence headphones and the sound will be unreal. This will truly shine on lossless audio formats
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/lg-g5-hi-fi-plus-modular-hi-res-dac/

NB = Our needs are different, while I love ready to go custom rom phones + twrp and all. I dont mind staying on stock rom on the g5 if i can get a hold of this module. I'm an audiophile, and this is gold for me. The g5 can wait for custom roms. Im sure sooner or later a scene will start emerging for the lg g5 tmobile variant. Iv'e already messed around with a stock rom for a g5. Its snappy and doesnt suffer from UI lag that I know of.

My final verdict will be to compare the V10 audio vs lg g5 in realtime, signal to noise ratio, crosstalk, impedence mismatching,clean filtering and im sure there are upgrades with the audio module's dsp processing unit that samples, quantizes and convolutes signals incredibly well. For the longest time HTC has been champ in the field but im left bore with what they present at the table in terms of other phone features

Your right, it all comes down to what each person likes best.. Me personally, I wouldnt buy a G5, It just isnt worth the money and the hassle to me....
But as you said, you like audio, Then its best for you................

I like size and custom.. and uniqueness.. and The v10 is very Unique.............
I did find out that that the G5 rom is the same as the V10...
Example: LGSignBoard controls our V10 Second Screen.. the G4 doesnt have it.. But the v10 does..........
The G5 has it too.. and the G5 doesnt even have Second screen. So it has led me to believe that the ROM on the G5 is the same as the ROM on the V10 but with some upgrades/updates..
and added stuff..........

But yea. when I compare Stock G3 to Stock V10.. the v10 is very snappy.. I haven't played with the G5 enough to say anything on that................

Reactions: LastRespawn

jimbob_sf

Jul 16, 2010
San Rafael, CA
1. The v10 crew may not have seen your crazy commitment to this project (us), so "explicative" to anyone that doesn't know who they are dealing with ;)
2. The G5 DAC is appealing, but it's ONLY because of fast charging and OTG charging Nebula offers allows me to love my G3's chock full 128gb ext SD full of FLAC files running OTG to a charging OTG hub and an Audioquest DragonFly to a pair of Jerry Harvey IEMs and Silver Dragon cables (that's 3x the cost of a full boat phone).

Too much off-topic, whatever works for you is best. PM me if any questions about how I got all that OTG stuff running (Gone Mad and SoundAbout are key).

GO @Eliminator74 for OTG fast charging! This one feature opens the audio world for the G3.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LastRespawn

takis

May 29, 2014
News: I promise that Next month, I will have an update of 2e with fastcharge and hopefully new govs back..................

Sorry its taken longer then I expected..... I had a few issues over at the v10 area...................

Sir what's the possibility of giving us wake gestures as well? Will we get any further updates after the next month one?

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
Sir what's the possibility of giving us wake gestures as well? Will we get any further updates after the next month one?

I have already said that I would not stop development on the G3.. Its my first real Dev device.. and the peepz here have been great, and very respectful, So I wont
turn my back on em.. So yes there will be more updates..................................

piskor

Oct 9, 2010
Reactions: Eliminater74

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Woops: I just wanted to let peepz know that I came upon a interesting discovery....... As peepz know I also have a v10.. which uses the 3.10 kernel.............

I have official built a few v10 kernels, UnReleased.. I got my reasons.... I have also updated visa caf many times and kernel.org.. SInce I have done this, I have learned a great deal about
    the 3.10 kernel.. and one thing I can say, Its very organized, unlike the 3.4 kernel........... Another thing I noticed.. It has all the files need to build a msm8974 kernel..............
    I did a little compare and realized that I dont need much from the 3.4 maybe gpu and touchscreens.. not even that really.. but anyhow.. I just might be able to pull off a 3.10 kernel build for the G3....

When I tried to tackle this project long time ago, I didnt know enough about the 3.10 as I thought I did. So I put it on hold.. but now that I have built several v10 kernels with it now, I think
    I might be able to pull it off. what led me to this is this, The G5 which is msm8996 uses the 3.18.20 Kernel. the V10 which is msm8992 uses the 3.10.101 in my case............
    well.. I looked at the includes/soc/qcom/lge and drivers/soc/qcom/lge on both kernels... Perfect match, BINGO...........
    even know they are 2 very different kernels, both have the exact same LGE Files........ Now you wont find the msm8974 in the 3.18 kernel.. but you will find it in the 3.10 kernel.........

Also if I was able to pull something like this off, I would again have to start all over with mods.. NO way I could use anything from a 3.4 kernel really.......... Some things yes.. but many things NO........

But yes, all needed files are technically there.. Maybe only need to transfer over gpu drivers and maybe a few other things.. Not sure............
    ohh yea the dts files are there too.. Might have to steal the t-mo dts files from the 3.4, but thats not biggie, they are only for Device tree anyhow.............
    which is what dts means, its DeviceTree, Forget what the S means.

But just as looking at the G5 kernel.. I think I could get my V10 built on a 3.18 branch...........................

As I said, the only way I was able to come up with this nfo, is by my knowledge of building on the msm8974/ 3.4 platform and msm8992/3.10 platform...........
    learning what and how it builds and works..................... not to mention looking at the G5 kernel, and realizing the LGE files are the same and universal for all LG Devices..
    that pretty much said it for me.. I still cant say this would work.. but its worth a hearty try............

I just figured I pop in with this news..........
    News: Listen peepz, as most of you know, I bought a V10, I got way in over my head.. I even got @aclegg2011 to jump on board the V10....

Seems that the CM Maintainer over there doesnt really know what hes doing.. The device tree was all messed up.. and their kernel is the stock kernel only......
    I got Aclegg2011 to work on the device tree, Need I say, They dont even have CM13 going.. SO thats whats being worked on......
    I spent 9 hours merging caf with their stock MM kernel from the LG Opensource site.. (Their CM Maintainer didnt even know it was out, till I told him)......

So I havent had much time to work on n2e......... I had alot of stuff to fix and work on to get that device up to par....... The G3 is way ahead of the V10..................
    So we are playing catch up............ And not to mention, I never worked with a aarch64 before.. So thats new too me also........
    took me 2 days to figure out how to get dtb images created...... Its nothing like how the 3.4.y does it.......

So please bare with me............ If it wasnt for having to play catch up.. I would have more time............... but we are going in deep and cleaning the mess up.........
    we had to start everything from the ground up............

So it wont be long......... I didnt forget about this kernel.......... Im going to be working on it............

And I didnt even start a modded kernel for the v10 yet.. I was only working on the next CM Kernel for the V10............. <--- That was alot of work..................

And that means No special hacks into that kernel.. its pretty much close to stock with caf........................

So, soon I will be back at this kernel........................... I did notice that 3.4.111 is out. so I dont need to be reminded......... I am a kernel dev. I check everything and keep up to date with everything.......

And I will have that gestures fixed.. I know the problem...............
    Xj8QRNJgVr7hqukhcIgOUhvm3LaDQ18sR5KHz_NBnuI8vbHqUC-f47J5uGUgUOMvcEyG_0-A_CRqtNAIk9mhn_1UxYe9EQ8wdECOfwV1EJfB2voUoTLUakr-zlJ6BaZtxK7UAomHDZX7Gb_IvkNNt_BAD1GjVeoR2ssC1RxDq7Wk1m6Lf4d_Ry-kirLwLq-sN6xSwUXkWmVMf4_Vg6SzVRWDpanqUvmrMhamdC9tGJLOWFGkehYQSrAnMmBrwKy3MleN83jygWuXeNVxu8MeQwPjJaFl1mjyART5tE-9bQ-X9k_hhLuCXppY-o2lsYChinCI8MZmv0pec7kPtvGJkRkNS5uXslGbeqDsbyzUkE8TDdtjclXO3ICjilUlFU4-60JAGG2B7Zcr0ztWqtFyZc9V80YTzm2z1BM7Zh8sZJe8WuiyOVK1Uig6VBuCiU7cairelvZguqpNIYv0ymIsB0oMkmCZfuHjvIHY_wl-ev5OIYEHiRRbtmOj6qltR5qgr2yxkBKw7eaoO782kseuSqLkk5cDM4FWcB7mUjzHkdhiROia1ei3IpuJg2Je0Tps1IMP=w1024-h377-no

Source-Code-Word-Cloud.jpg
    - KernelAdiutor-MOD Source Code

XDA:DevDB Information
    Nebula2eKernel, Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    Eliminater74, thewalkingdude
    Source Code: https://github.com/The-Nebula-Project/Nebula2e_Kernel/tree/nebula2e-release

Kernel Special Features: Tons of Mods

Version Information

Created 2016-03-17
    Last Updated 2016-03-18
    FYI: I have received a few messages, which is what prompt me to post this:

The G3 is really the first Device I ever developed on, and Over the past year, Many of you peepz stuck with me though it all.. Some new, some old............
    I havent given up on my G3, Nor would I ever give up.. I still have my g3 right here on the charger....... You peepz been great to work with.
    but as it stands, I wont give up on ya all. I know their isnt many devs left on the G3... Just because I went V10, Doesnt mean I will give up on my G3.........

The G3 will live on....... I will develop for the G3 ,a long as there are still users for it.....................

I got a new system coming at some point......... Dell T3500 with Xeon 5650 12 cores.......... So just give me a bit of time............

But, remember I didnt forget anyone.. if I had, I wouldnt be in here now posting to ya all..
    Updated News: By everyones request, I started a new thread for the Nebula 2nd Edition.............

I am currently batch building for all devices. Now let me fill you all in on some things before you get all Happy Go Lucky,

1: This is only a TEST Build, I want to make sure all defconfigs are lined up right.
    2: Dont expect all features you see posted on thread to be listed just yet.
    3: OC up to 2.8 is only available For now
    4: As time moves on, I will add more and fix more.
    5: This Kernel is based off nobody other then CAF/MSM8974 Updated to 3.4.110
    6: This is all my own work except some people that I got help from or used commits from, Which I will update my thanks page.....
    7: This Kernel WILL NOT WORK WITH MULTIROM at this time....... (I am working on that)
    8: I worked my butt off on this Kernel, I hope you all appreciated.

Builds Soon To Follow!!