[KERNEL] Nebula 2E Rev1.0.0 [20160317] [D85X/F400/LS990/VS985]

Search This thread

denf666

Jun 1, 2015
News: I promise that Next month, I will have an update of 2e with fastcharge and hopefully new govs back..................

Sorry its taken longer then I expected..... I had a few issues over at the v10 area...................
which charger need i for the fastcharge. can i use the original charger?

thx

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
Woops: I just wanted to let peepz know that I came upon a interesting discovery....... As peepz know I also have a v10.. which uses the 3.10 kernel.............

I have official built a few v10 kernels, UnReleased.. I got my reasons.... I have also updated visa caf many times and kernel.org.. SInce I have done this, I have learned a great deal about
the 3.10 kernel.. and one thing I can say, Its very organized, unlike the 3.4 kernel........... Another thing I noticed.. It has all the files need to build a msm8974 kernel..............
I did a little compare and realized that I dont need much from the 3.4 maybe gpu and touchscreens.. not even that really.. but anyhow.. I just might be able to pull off a 3.10 kernel build for the G3....

When I tried to tackle this project long time ago, I didnt know enough about the 3.10 as I thought I did. So I put it on hold.. but now that I have built several v10 kernels with it now, I think
I might be able to pull it off. what led me to this is this, The G5 which is msm8996 uses the 3.18.20 Kernel. the V10 which is msm8992 uses the 3.10.101 in my case............
well.. I looked at the includes/soc/qcom/lge and drivers/soc/qcom/lge on both kernels... Perfect match, BINGO...........
even know they are 2 very different kernels, both have the exact same LGE Files........ Now you wont find the msm8974 in the 3.18 kernel.. but you will find it in the 3.10 kernel.........

Also if I was able to pull something like this off, I would again have to start all over with mods.. NO way I could use anything from a 3.4 kernel really.......... Some things yes.. but many things NO........

But yes, all needed files are technically there.. Maybe only need to transfer over gpu drivers and maybe a few other things.. Not sure............
ohh yea the dts files are there too.. Might have to steal the t-mo dts files from the 3.4, but thats not biggie, they are only for Device tree anyhow.............
which is what dts means, its DeviceTree, Forget what the S means.

But just as looking at the G5 kernel.. I think I could get my V10 built on a 3.18 branch...........................

As I said, the only way I was able to come up with this nfo, is by my knowledge of building on the msm8974/ 3.4 platform and msm8992/3.10 platform...........
learning what and how it builds and works..................... not to mention looking at the G5 kernel, and realizing the LGE files are the same and universal for all LG Devices..
that pretty much said it for me.. I still cant say this would work.. but its worth a hearty try............

I just figured I pop in with this news..........

takis

May 29, 2014
Woops: I just wanted to let peepz know that I came upon a interesting discovery....... As peepz know I also have a v10.. which uses the 3.10 kernel.............

I have official built a few v10 kernels, UnReleased.. I got my reasons.... I have also updated visa caf many times and kernel.org.. SInce I have done this, I have learned a great deal about
the 3.10 kernel.. and one thing I can say, Its very organized, unlike the 3.4 kernel........... Another thing I noticed.. It has all the files need to build a msm8974 kernel..............
I did a little compare and realized that I dont need much from the 3.4 maybe gpu and touchscreens.. not even that really.. but anyhow.. I just might be able to pull off a 3.10 kernel build for the G3....

When I tried to tackle this project long time ago, I didnt know enough about the 3.10 as I thought I did. So I put it on hold.. but now that I have built several v10 kernels with it now, I think
I might be able to pull it off. what led me to this is this, The G5 which is msm8996 uses the 3.18.20 Kernel. the V10 which is msm8992 uses the 3.10.101 in my case............
well.. I looked at the includes/soc/qcom/lge and drivers/soc/qcom/lge on both kernels... Perfect match, BINGO...........
even know they are 2 very different kernels, both have the exact same LGE Files........ Now you wont find the msm8974 in the 3.18 kernel.. but you will find it in the 3.10 kernel.........

Also if I was able to pull something like this off, I would again have to start all over with mods.. NO way I could use anything from a 3.4 kernel really.......... Some things yes.. but many things NO........

But yes, all needed files are technically there.. Maybe only need to transfer over gpu drivers and maybe a few other things.. Not sure............
ohh yea the dts files are there too.. Might have to steal the t-mo dts files from the 3.4, but thats not biggie, they are only for Device tree anyhow.............

But just as looking at the G5 kernel.. I think I could get my V10 built on a 3.18 branch...........................

As I said, the only way I was able to come up with this nfo, is by my knowledge of building on the msm8974/ 3.4 platform and msm8992/3.10 platform...........
learning what and how it builds and works..................... not to mention looking at the G5 kernel, and realizing the LGE files are the same and universal for all LG Devices..
that pretty much said it for me.. I still cant say this would work.. but its worth a hearty try............

Wooooow bud hope you make it happen!

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
I feel like an A$$, really. I said I would be working on this kernel this month..... Things have been really bad for me lately.. First my 23yr old Nephew overdoses on Drugs..
then my 20yr old Nephew gets in a fight and hits his head on the cement and had to goto the ER... Its just like one family issue after another..............

Not to mention my 23yr old nephews GF was using my G3 and dropped it face down.. So the screen and digitizer is no good.. I cant afford to replace it yet.. but when I get the cash,
Mr @thewalkingdude said he will fix it for me.. I just to wait till I get the cash first.. But I will see what I can do with what I have now....... But when the time comes,
I will need a tester wholes available pretty much anytime.. and can contact me on hangouts..................
Working on kernels takes alot of testing and flashing....................................

Sinterion

May 24, 2014
Motorola Atrix HD
Moto Z2 Force
So a few days ago, I laid my G3 to rest. It fell into my pool on the deep end (about 10ft.) because of an accident with my cousin, causing the screen to not fully function, and the torch to randomly flicker. So I say goodbye to the G3, and hello to the G5. I wanted to thank you @Eliminater74 for all you have brought the the G3 community. I will still be watching over as there is nothing special going on for the G5 yet.

Reactions: Krystalmyth

winxuser

Jan 15, 2012
Brisbane
Huawei Nexus 6P
Samsung Galaxy S9+
I feel like an A$$, really. I said I would be working on this kernel this month..... Things have been really bad for me lately.. First my 23yr old Nephew overdoses on Drugs..
then my 20yr old Nephew gets in a fight and hits his head on the cement and had to goto the ER... Its just like one family issue after another..............

Not to mention my 23yr old nephews GF was using my G3 and dropped it face down.. So the screen and digitizer is no good.. I cant afford to replace it yet.. but when I get the cash,
Mr @thewalkingdude said he will fix it for me.. I just to wait till I get the cash first.. But I will see what I can do with what I have now....... But when the time comes,
I will need a tester wholes available pretty much anytime.. and can contact me on hangouts..................
Working on kernels takes alot of testing and flashing....................................
I will definitely test the kernel mate :D

As long as the GPU and touchscreen drivers are good to go there shouldn't be too much to worry about hardbricking wise. I hope everything is all good with you and your family bro, all the best and hope to see a test version soon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

zsoli98

Jul 4, 2015
How to delete sweep2sleep

(I will start with this : sorry for my bad english bla bla bla)
I saw a lot of people complaining about sweep2sleep.
The easiest way to disable it:
1. Open the flashable zip then go to ramdisk\res\customconfig
2.COPY(do NOT move cut delete from zip) customconfig.xml to desktop.
3. Open customconfig.xml with Notepad++
4. Search and delete the following lines
"<settingsPane description="Sweep2Sleep function control." name="Sweep2Sleep">

<checkbox description="Enable Sweep2Sleep function that allows to turn screen off by sweeping from right to left or backwards on the bottom of the screen (navigation bar)! If you have removed the soft buttons bar, then you have to turn this function OFF!" name="Sweep2Sleep Control" action="generic01 /sys/sweep2sleep/sweep2sleep" label="Sweep2Sleep"/>

</settingsPane>"
5.Save the file
6. Replace in the flashable zip the original customconfig.xml with the modded one and you re done :D

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
The dev has made mention of playing around with a v3.10.y kernel on G3. Strictly experimental/learning stage.
It's safe to assume the two Nebulas have reached EOL.

Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399, CyanogenMod CM12 ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

News: Listen peepz, as most of you know, I bought a V10, I got way in over my head.. I even got @aclegg2011 to jump on board the V10....

Seems that the CM Maintainer over there doesnt really know what hes doing.. The device tree was all messed up.. and their kernel is the stock kernel only......
    I got Aclegg2011 to work on the device tree, Need I say, They dont even have CM13 going.. SO thats whats being worked on......
    I spent 9 hours merging caf with their stock MM kernel from the LG Opensource site.. (Their CM Maintainer didnt even know it was out, till I told him)......

So I havent had much time to work on n2e......... I had alot of stuff to fix and work on to get that device up to par....... The G3 is way ahead of the V10..................
    So we are playing catch up............ And not to mention, I never worked with a aarch64 before.. So thats new too me also........
    took me 2 days to figure out how to get dtb images created...... Its nothing like how the 3.4.y does it.......

So please bare with me............ If it wasnt for having to play catch up.. I would have more time............... but we are going in deep and cleaning the mess up.........
    we had to start everything from the ground up............

So it wont be long......... I didnt forget about this kernel.......... Im going to be working on it............

And I didnt even start a modded kernel for the v10 yet.. I was only working on the next CM Kernel for the V10............. <--- That was alot of work..................

And that means No special hacks into that kernel.. its pretty much close to stock with caf........................

So, soon I will be back at this kernel........................... I did notice that 3.4.111 is out. so I dont need to be reminded......... I am a kernel dev. I check everything and keep up to date with everything.......

And I will have that gestures fixed.. I know the problem...............
    Xj8QRNJgVr7hqukhcIgOUhvm3LaDQ18sR5KHz_NBnuI8vbHqUC-f47J5uGUgUOMvcEyG_0-A_CRqtNAIk9mhn_1UxYe9EQ8wdECOfwV1EJfB2voUoTLUakr-zlJ6BaZtxK7UAomHDZX7Gb_IvkNNt_BAD1GjVeoR2ssC1RxDq7Wk1m6Lf4d_Ry-kirLwLq-sN6xSwUXkWmVMf4_Vg6SzVRWDpanqUvmrMhamdC9tGJLOWFGkehYQSrAnMmBrwKy3MleN83jygWuXeNVxu8MeQwPjJaFl1mjyART5tE-9bQ-X9k_hhLuCXppY-o2lsYChinCI8MZmv0pec7kPtvGJkRkNS5uXslGbeqDsbyzUkE8TDdtjclXO3ICjilUlFU4-60JAGG2B7Zcr0ztWqtFyZc9V80YTzm2z1BM7Zh8sZJe8WuiyOVK1Uig6VBuCiU7cairelvZguqpNIYv0ymIsB0oMkmCZfuHjvIHY_wl-ev5OIYEHiRRbtmOj6qltR5qgr2yxkBKw7eaoO782kseuSqLkk5cDM4FWcB7mUjzHkdhiROia1ei3IpuJg2Je0Tps1IMP=w1024-h377-no

Source-Code-Word-Cloud.jpg
    - KernelAdiutor-MOD Source Code

XDA:DevDB Information
    Nebula2eKernel, Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    Eliminater74, thewalkingdude
    Source Code: https://github.com/The-Nebula-Project/Nebula2e_Kernel/tree/nebula2e-release

Kernel Special Features: Tons of Mods

Version Information

Created 2016-03-17
    Last Updated 2016-03-18
    FYI: I have received a few messages, which is what prompt me to post this:

The G3 is really the first Device I ever developed on, and Over the past year, Many of you peepz stuck with me though it all.. Some new, some old............
    I havent given up on my G3, Nor would I ever give up.. I still have my g3 right here on the charger....... You peepz been great to work with.
    but as it stands, I wont give up on ya all. I know their isnt many devs left on the G3... Just because I went V10, Doesnt mean I will give up on my G3.........

The G3 will live on....... I will develop for the G3 ,a long as there are still users for it.....................

I got a new system coming at some point......... Dell T3500 with Xeon 5650 12 cores.......... So just give me a bit of time............

But, remember I didnt forget anyone.. if I had, I wouldnt be in here now posting to ya all..
    Updated News: By everyones request, I started a new thread for the Nebula 2nd Edition.............

I am currently batch building for all devices. Now let me fill you all in on some things before you get all Happy Go Lucky,

1: This is only a TEST Build, I want to make sure all defconfigs are lined up right.
    2: Dont expect all features you see posted on thread to be listed just yet.
    3: OC up to 2.8 is only available For now
    4: As time moves on, I will add more and fix more.
    5: This Kernel is based off nobody other then CAF/MSM8974 Updated to 3.4.110
    6: This is all my own work except some people that I got help from or used commits from, Which I will update my thanks page.....
    7: This Kernel WILL NOT WORK WITH MULTIROM at this time....... (I am working on that)
    8: I worked my butt off on this Kernel, I hope you all appreciated.

Builds Soon To Follow!!