[KERNEL] Nebula OOS/AOSP: (OP 6 & 6T) Latest on TG, Or Official Latest on sourceforge

Search This thread

FrankTS

Jun 27, 2014
Doesn't boot with OB10

Edit: Booted with build 16.1.9, everything's working fine.

Last edited:

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
Update: 16.5.0 ...

Now should work on both STOCK and AOSP based roms... LOS based hasn't been verified..

Gestures now work both STOCK and CUSTOM AOSP, I did manage to merge in stock gesture controls and custom.............

Amazing job, thank you. Working properly with Omni ROM so far. Gestures and Wifi ok. Benchmarks give similar results as Smurf, which is remarkable. No touch latency either, everything seems to work as intended.

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
The only issue I found so far is that activating high brightness mode in EXKM which works, but cannot be deactivated later (had to reboot the phone to go back to normal). But this happens with Omni, not sure if the issue is also happening with OOS (might be a ROM issue).
I couldn't find significant changes with latest test. Anything to check in particular? Seems to work good so far.

Last edited:

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
Nebula Update: ReBased 16.1.9:

NOTE:
I rebased 16.5.0, I am now calling its 16.1.9, With a few testers I managed to rebase back and re submit my commits
little by little, testing 16.1.1 - 16.1.8 along the way... 16.1.9 will be the public release, My testers had .10 installed and said WIFI worked for all of them... Its been reported that WIFI didnt work for a few
till they updated to .11, (OP 6T Related only), Also Gestures was not readded to this build just yet.. so CUSTOM AOSP based roms, Sorry no gestures.

jbm76

Nebula Update: ReBased 16.1.9:

NOTE:
I rebased 16.5.0, I am now calling its 16.1.9, With a few testers I managed to rebase back and re submit my commits
little by little, testing 16.1.1 - 16.1.8 along the way... 16.1.9 will be the public release, My testers had .10 installed and said WIFI worked for all of them... Its been reported that WIFI didnt work for a few
till they updated to .11, (OP 6T Related only), Also Gestures was not readded to this build just yet.. so CUSTOM AOSP based roms, Sorry no gestures.

Boots fine on OB10 :good:
Just had it on the for the last hour, no problems so far... wifi works

Reactions: James Blode

sky104hk

Jan 4, 2011
Hong Kong
The test build (03/01) seems have some sound distortion, my OP6 currently using OOS 9.0.2 + V4A FX
anyone have this problem at all?

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
Update: Nebula v16.3.0

Note: This release Has many changes, that I would like you all to try out and tell me what you think, but as for my personal thoughts,
I am 50/50 on it.. I dont feel the mood like I have on previous kernels, ever since updating mainstream kernel.org and latest OP sources, It just doesnt
handle the same. I am trying like HELL to get it calmed down to my liking.. Hopefully with next OP source release it will..................

But again, I dont know if maybe its just me. Or not, So please take the time out and test this and see how it is.

As for WIFI, some minor changes have been done, but the chances if it working for all you none working peepz is pretty slim........
but you are more then welcome to give it another go and see...............

I am trying my best to smooth things out, So just give me time.. Everything always has bumps in the road.. I just need to get past em......

Tomatot-

May 11, 2012
OnePlus 6

Note: This release Has many changes, that I would like you all to try out and tell me what you think, but as for my personal thoughts,
I am 50/50 on it.. I dont feel the mood like I have on previous kernels, ever since updating mainstream kernel.org and latest OP sources, It just doesnt
handle the same. I am trying like HELL to get it calmed down to my liking.. Hopefully with next OP source release it will..................

But again, I dont know if maybe its just me. Or not, So please take the time out and test this and see how it is.

As for WIFI, some minor changes have been done, but the chances if it working for all you none working peepz is pretty slim........

I am trying my best to smooth things out, So just give me time.. Everything always has bumps in the road.. I just need to get past em......

Thanks, no need to be pessimistic, keep up the good work. :) If it just frustrates you then have a break. Cheers!

TheMellowOne

Jun 18, 2017
Nice and clean update, testing it now :)

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Wifi is not connecting.

law16

Oct 26, 2009
Great stuff over here on custom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190127-075627.png
    Screenshot_20190127-075627.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 534

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer
I pulled 16.6.0 from sourceforge because it was reported back to me by a few peepz that it was causing data corruption among a few other things..
and I am not about causing people troubles, I was one that went though the issue....... I had to msmdownload tool twice while trying to fix this issue.

But I did fix it I think. I been working on tracking it down little by little, I knew the time frame sorta and just went with that..

it comes down to what I think it was, my RCU additional commits that I backported from 4.20 or 5.0 whatever they wanna call it..
Since RCU = Read COPY Update, Something there was causing corruption......... a few testers have tested the fixes for me and so far they say all is good..
so if all is good with a few more test of mine, then ill release the next version soon..

But DO NOT INSTALL 16.6.0: I pulled it from SourceForge (deleted it)
Possible brick will occur if you flash that build.........

Reactions: Floodland

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YVMzu5k.gif

Changelogs

18.0.3: Fixed HBM mode switch, a few other small fixes, and improvements.
    Qcacld now uses a profile system ported from CAF's qcacld-3.0 msm8996.
    18.0.0: Updated Touchscreen & FP, Changed name of Zip Name, Latest OP sources with 4.9.159:
    17.1.0: Built 100% CLANG: Last official for the 4.9.158 series.
    17.0.2: Rebased whole new kernel, Updated commits, Build Fully With Clang 9 'DragonTC'.
    16.8.3: Reformated code style, For faster optimized code, Now built with POLLY Thanks to @xanaxdroid
    Reworked FP. Removed some unneeded TCP CONGS and some debugging code.
    16.8.0: Removed most debugging stuff, toned down FP, updated a few other areas.
    16.7.0: Fixed the data corruption issue, reworked some things. Calmed down CPU, Pocket Protection works again.
    16.6.0: Rebuilt from previous edition. Smoother and faster.
    16.4.0: Rebuilt from scratch under fresh new source.
    16.3.0: This kernel is being released as is, I made many many changes, I would take heed
    when installing this kernel, keep an eye on it. Some things I am not very happy about.
    (Then why release? Because I need to make sure its not just me.)
    16.1.9: Re-based Kernel, made some cosmetic changes, also reworked defconfig,
    Gesture Controls for AOSP based ROMs, will not work, But OOS it will.
    WiFi has been tested to work on .10 but many have complained that it will
    only work when they upgrade to .11 (Keep this in mind when you report problem)
    16.5.0: Both Stock and Custom AOSP Gestures work, (depending on your ROM)
    16.1.0: New Download Location added: Also, this is probably my best release yet.
    qcacld-3.0 is now compiled inline with Kernel.

Attention

This is strictly created for OOS, but it has been tested on Custom AOSP based ROMs,
    on AOSP, everything works, But WiFi and Gestures, (WiFi uses stock WLAN module) (Gestures, need the API, I never added yet)
    One day I will add that in the near future if people on AOSP based ROMs request so.

Compilers Used

Clang Compiler: DragonTC 9.x Compiled by me w/Polly
    GCC Compiler: Uber 9.x <-- We build w/100% CLANG.

Features

Linux 4.9.159 (w/latest OP/Linux)
    CAF: LA.UM.7.3.r1-06700-sdm845.0
    Linker: CLANG_LD <-- Yeah thats right, 100% CLANG
    Makefile: Optimized to use POLLY
    SafeStack (Disabled for now)
    qcacld-3.0: (Compiled inline with Kernel)
    CPU (New Overclocked Freq Table) (Added: 838mhz and 767mhz) By @pappschlumpf of SmurfKernel (Doesnt work as expected)
    GPU (w/Overclock Freqs 767, 838)
    AUDIT (Disabled) <Better Performance>
    PROC_STRIPPED (Enabled)
    Memory Compaction (Disabled)
    DEBUG_ALIGN_RODATA (Enabled) <Better Performance>
    FRAME_POINTER (Disabled) <Better Performance>
    OPTIMIZE_INLINING (Enabled) <Better Performance>
    gcma Guaranteed Contiguous Memory Allocator (default)
    Simple Low Memory Killer By @Sultan (seems to work) (Causes Camera Issues)
    CPU Input Boost By @sultan (Updated)
    DevFreq Boost By @Sultan (Updated)
    KLapse V4.0 - A kernel level livedisplay module by @tanish2k09
    HZ=1000 (This is for now)
    Memory Optimizations
    Frame Pointers Disabled
    Adreno Booster 2.2 By @tbalden
    KCAL Color Control
    Sound Control (w/gain Controls)
    Touch Boost (W/Dynamic SchedTune Boost)
    Boeffla WakeLock Blocker (v1.10)
    Backlight Minimun Brightness (int)
    High Brightness Mode (On/Off)
    Override System VIB Settings (On/Off)
    OnePlus Gesture Vibration (On/Off)
    USB Fast Charge (On/Off)
    Notification LED Fade/Speed/Intensity (On/Off)
    Notification Vibration
    Call Vibration
    Sweet2Sleep Vibration

Available Gestures

• Double Tap To wake
    • Sweep To Wake
    • OnePlus Gesture Vibration
    • Sweep To Sleep

Available IO/Scheds

• noop
    • anxiety
    • deadline
    • cfq (default)
    • fiops
    • sio
    • zen
    • maple
    • bfq

Available TCP Congestion Algorithms

• agilesd
    • westwood (default)
    • cubic
    • vegas
    • sociopath

Downloads

Links to my other Nebula Kernel Threads

Nebula Telegram Group
    OnePlus 6T Nebula Kernel Thread
    OnePlus 6 Nebula Kernel Thread

XDA:DevDB Information
    OnePlus 6/6T Nebula Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    Eliminater74, theknux
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/devoneplus/android-linux-stable-op6t_20190222/tree/oneplus/SDM845_P_9.0_CAF_WIP_20190224

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-12-21
    Last Updated 2019-02-27
    Nebula OOS/AOSP OP 6 & 6T v18.0.3 Update

Grab it in Downloads or from my Telegram channel: TG: Nebula Kernel

Fixed: HBM Switch now works as should.

Qcacld-3.0: I ported over a profile systems configs, from CAF's qcacld-3.0 msm8996 edition........... <- Defconfig now less messy
    New Nebula Release: v18.0.0

Grab it in Downloads or from my Telegram channel: TG: Nebula Kernel

Now with: KLapse V4.0 - A kernel level livedisplay module by @tanish2k09

By Request of the Author:

Check my GIT for instructions on how to use it, its in commit message: Ex Kernel Manager doesnt support it yet.

Changelog: Changelog:

Update: Nebula 16.0.0 has been released, 4.9.147 + CAF: LA.UM.7.3.r1-06300-sdm845.0 Merged in:

Rebased alot of stuff, and some fixes as well, added a few more things as well.