[KERNEL] Nebula OOS/AOSP: (OP 6 & 6T) Latest on TG, Or Official Latest on sourceforge

Search This thread

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
you know it would be great to hear a comment now and then, for the past few months, not a single comment has been said in here.. no reports no nothing..
im about ready to just stop posting on xda because I feel its a waste of my time..............

Hi,
i'm sorry that nobody posted anything...i think it's my turn to change that ?

I tested your latest Kernel Version and need to say that they are very Perfoemance orientated but somehow not heavy on battery-life which is impressive.

Bugs/ issues i encountered:
1. I experienced a Bug with Bluetooth with the latest LiquidRemix 20190210 with your Kernel but also had that with latest blu_spark Kernel. So this might be all Rom related.

2. What i also saw, that there is no possibility to configure the Hotplug Settings, which was possible on your earlier Kernel Versions.

3. The Latest 2 Kernel-Versions before 1.8.0.0 where somehow laggy sometimes and i'm not sure if it was this more an error of the apply'n of Settings with Kernel Adiutor or if there was something else messed up.
_______

Your Kernel also became more stable since the earliest and latest rebasing but had some hiccups.

I will flash your latest Kernel 1.8.0.0 in the next hours and report back at about 14 hours of use (how it performs and if any weird stuff happend).

I'm glad you found your way to the OnePlus 6 since i remember your astonishing work you did on the LG G3 back in the day's.

I hope your Kernel get's more attention because you do things different and don't approach Things like other's, which is good in my opinion.

I hope you don't quit Development because XDA really need's creative, experiment-friendly, expierenced and also supportive people like you !

Best Regard's

Alex1911

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
@Eliminater74

Hi,
i recognized that the Device becomes pretty hot and throttles itself.
It look's like that's the reason for the laggy performance.

I reduced the High-Speed-Frequency (schedutil) for big and Little Cluster and it seems to get better but the device still get's hot.

There is probably a Problem with Deep Sleep.
Both Clusters stay active on the min Frequency and drain the battery. Why ? I couldn't figure out but half of the part is Rom related, i'm sure of that, so ther could be a few more hours of battery-life left which.can be squeezed out.

Otherwise the Kernel so far so good.
No Kernel Panic, No Software Crash...nothing, only the Problem with Deep Sleep and throttling and/or temperature.

Best Regard's

Alex1911

Attachments

• Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20190227-124134.png
    Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20190227-124134.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 436
  • Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20190227-124125.png
    Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20190227-124125.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 432
  • Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20190227-124118.png
    Screenshot_Kernel_Adiutor_20190227-124118.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 436
Reactions: Eliminater74

James Blode

Jul 22, 2016
Armenia
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
you know it would be great to hear a comment now and then, for the past few months, not a single comment has been said in here.. no reports no nothing..
im about ready to just stop posting on xda because I feel its a waste of my time..............
Your Kernel's stable enough... That's why nobody posting anything... Because they use it and enjoy it... One of the best kernels for OP6... and keep up the good work... I appreciate that... Thanks...

Alex1911

Aug 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nebula OOS/AOSP OP 6 & 6T v18.0.3 Update

Grab it in Downloads or from my Telegram channel: TG: Nebula Kernel

Fixed: HBM Switch now works as should.

Qcacld-3.0: I ported over a profile systems configs, from CAF's qcacld-3.0 msm8996 edition........... <- Defconfig now less messy

I can't get into the Recovery anymore after i flashed Nebula Kernel 1.8.0.3.

The Device doesn't get too hot now and l have fewer performance hiccups, as on eralier Kernels.

Best Regard's

Alex1911

xpakage

Oct 23, 2010
Oklahoma

The Device doesn't get too hot now and l have fewer performance hiccups, as on eralier Kernels.

Best Regard's

Alex1911

Failed to boot into recovery. Had to Fastboot to reinstall latest Blu TWRP. On 9.0.4, 9.3.3 Blu-Spark, Magisk 18.1.

Eliminater74

Recognized Developer

Best Regard's

Alex1911

Failed to boot into recovery. Had to Fastboot to reinstall latest Blu TWRP. On 9.0.4, 9.3.3 Blu-Spark, Magisk 18.1.

Problem is fixed but get latest at TG, im not going to go updating all xda threads again... but yeah.. a commit slipped in that keeps twrp from working on the oP..
I reverted that.. so come get that in TG.............................................

James Blode

Jul 22, 2016
Armenia
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Been out for a while, getting over the flu, so it will prob be a few more days before I get back on track..............

Thanks for understanding...........

PS: Project isnt dead, Its never dead as long as I own the device................
Thanks dear dev... For your hard work... I know there's tons of kernels there... But your kernel always on the first row... Thanks....

q-ki

Nov 8, 2012
Hi.

Does this kernel support usb2lan ?

It seems that the official kernel does not.

This is an important feature for me ... so before I buy the phone I want to be sure that I can use it with the Op6.

Thanks for your help...
q-ki

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YVMzu5k.gif

Changelogs

18.0.3: Fixed HBM mode switch, a few other small fixes, and improvements.
    Qcacld now uses a profile system ported from CAF's qcacld-3.0 msm8996.
    18.0.0: Updated Touchscreen & FP, Changed name of Zip Name, Latest OP sources with 4.9.159:
    17.1.0: Built 100% CLANG: Last official for the 4.9.158 series.
    17.0.2: Rebased whole new kernel, Updated commits, Build Fully With Clang 9 'DragonTC'.
    16.8.3: Reformated code style, For faster optimized code, Now built with POLLY Thanks to @xanaxdroid
    Reworked FP. Removed some unneeded TCP CONGS and some debugging code.
    16.8.0: Removed most debugging stuff, toned down FP, updated a few other areas.
    16.7.0: Fixed the data corruption issue, reworked some things. Calmed down CPU, Pocket Protection works again.
    16.6.0: Rebuilt from previous edition. Smoother and faster.
    16.4.0: Rebuilt from scratch under fresh new source.
    16.3.0: This kernel is being released as is, I made many many changes, I would take heed
    when installing this kernel, keep an eye on it. Some things I am not very happy about.
    (Then why release? Because I need to make sure its not just me.)
    16.1.9: Re-based Kernel, made some cosmetic changes, also reworked defconfig,
    Gesture Controls for AOSP based ROMs, will not work, But OOS it will.
    WiFi has been tested to work on .10 but many have complained that it will
    only work when they upgrade to .11 (Keep this in mind when you report problem)
    16.5.0: Both Stock and Custom AOSP Gestures work, (depending on your ROM)
    16.1.0: New Download Location added: Also, this is probably my best release yet.
    qcacld-3.0 is now compiled inline with Kernel.

Attention

This is strictly created for OOS, but it has been tested on Custom AOSP based ROMs,
    on AOSP, everything works, But WiFi and Gestures, (WiFi uses stock WLAN module) (Gestures, need the API, I never added yet)
    One day I will add that in the near future if people on AOSP based ROMs request so.

Compilers Used

Clang Compiler: DragonTC 9.x Compiled by me w/Polly
    GCC Compiler: Uber 9.x <-- We build w/100% CLANG.

Features

Linux 4.9.159 (w/latest OP/Linux)
    CAF: LA.UM.7.3.r1-06700-sdm845.0
    Linker: CLANG_LD <-- Yeah thats right, 100% CLANG
    Makefile: Optimized to use POLLY
    SafeStack (Disabled for now)
    qcacld-3.0: (Compiled inline with Kernel)
    CPU (New Overclocked Freq Table) (Added: 838mhz and 767mhz) By @pappschlumpf of SmurfKernel (Doesnt work as expected)
    GPU (w/Overclock Freqs 767, 838)
    AUDIT (Disabled) <Better Performance>
    PROC_STRIPPED (Enabled)
    Memory Compaction (Disabled)
    DEBUG_ALIGN_RODATA (Enabled) <Better Performance>
    FRAME_POINTER (Disabled) <Better Performance>
    OPTIMIZE_INLINING (Enabled) <Better Performance>
    gcma Guaranteed Contiguous Memory Allocator (default)
    Simple Low Memory Killer By @Sultan (seems to work) (Causes Camera Issues)
    CPU Input Boost By @sultan (Updated)
    DevFreq Boost By @Sultan (Updated)
    KLapse V4.0 - A kernel level livedisplay module by @tanish2k09
    HZ=1000 (This is for now)
    Memory Optimizations
    Frame Pointers Disabled
    Adreno Booster 2.2 By @tbalden
    KCAL Color Control
    Sound Control (w/gain Controls)
    Touch Boost (W/Dynamic SchedTune Boost)
    Boeffla WakeLock Blocker (v1.10)
    Backlight Minimun Brightness (int)
    High Brightness Mode (On/Off)
    Override System VIB Settings (On/Off)
    OnePlus Gesture Vibration (On/Off)
    USB Fast Charge (On/Off)
    Notification LED Fade/Speed/Intensity (On/Off)
    Notification Vibration
    Call Vibration
    Sweet2Sleep Vibration

Available Gestures

• Double Tap To wake
    • Sweep To Wake
    • OnePlus Gesture Vibration
    • Sweep To Sleep

Available IO/Scheds

• noop
    • anxiety
    • deadline
    • cfq (default)
    • fiops
    • sio
    • zen
    • maple
    • bfq

Available TCP Congestion Algorithms

• agilesd
    • westwood (default)
    • cubic
    • vegas
    • sociopath

Downloads

Links to my other Nebula Kernel Threads

Nebula Telegram Group
    OnePlus 6T Nebula Kernel Thread
    OnePlus 6 Nebula Kernel Thread

XDA:DevDB Information
    OnePlus 6/6T Nebula Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    Eliminater74, theknux
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/devoneplus/android-linux-stable-op6t_20190222/tree/oneplus/SDM845_P_9.0_CAF_WIP_20190224

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-12-21
    Last Updated 2019-02-27
    Nebula OOS/AOSP OP 6 & 6T v18.0.3 Update

Fixed: HBM Switch now works as should.

Qcacld-3.0: I ported over a profile systems configs, from CAF's qcacld-3.0 msm8996 edition........... <- Defconfig now less messy
    New Nebula Release: v18.0.0

Now with: KLapse V4.0 - A kernel level livedisplay module by @tanish2k09

By Request of the Author:

Check my GIT for instructions on how to use it, its in commit message: Ex Kernel Manager doesnt support it yet.

Changelog: Changelog:
    Update: Nebula v16.3.0

Note: This release Has many changes, that I would like you all to try out and tell me what you think, but as for my personal thoughts,
    I am 50/50 on it.. I dont feel the mood like I have on previous kernels, ever since updating mainstream kernel.org and latest OP sources, It just doesnt
    handle the same. I am trying like HELL to get it calmed down to my liking.. Hopefully with next OP source release it will..................

But again, I dont know if maybe its just me. Or not, So please take the time out and test this and see how it is.

As for WIFI, some minor changes have been done, but the chances if it working for all you none working peepz is pretty slim........
    but you are more then welcome to give it another go and see...............

I am trying my best to smooth things out, So just give me time.. Everything always has bumps in the road.. I just need to get past em......
    Update: Nebula 16.0.0 has been released, 4.9.147 + CAF: LA.UM.7.3.r1-06300-sdm845.0 Merged in:

Rebased alot of stuff, and some fixes as well, added a few more things as well.