• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adrian2pm

Oct 25, 2007
chi-town
what ever points they register is how many individual points of contact the kernel will recognize. So unless your app needs to register more than two points your fine

Oh OK..so i will not be missing amytjimg? I was gonna flash another rom to check which ones ill get with 5 point

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BuddaBelly

May 2, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Oh OK..so i will not be missing amytjimg? I was gonna flash another rom to check which ones ill get with 5 point

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

No your not missing anything...We are just trying to figure out why it was lost with the newer 3.70 roms. Im going to flash an older rom just to see what it gets me. Will report back.

gotshores

Aug 4, 2010
San Antonio
hmm...

It has to be rom based. I reverted back to old radios and flashed 4.1.9.1 and still had no 5 point. I guess I could stop being lazy and just flash an older rom to see for sure. If I get time later I will try it.

On a probably unrelated issue I was one of the people that flashed the wrong panel driver that calk had posted awhile back. I did flash back to the right driver and everything worked after that. Probably not the problem but thought I would throw it out there.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

that's one thing i never did, was flash that panel driver. i wonder if that could be the cause? before myn's rls 5 came out, i did flash fresh's latest. I'm not sure if it's ROM based though because I'm using myn's rls 5 and i have 5 pnt multitouch

Sonjiin

Jul 27, 2010
I lost 5 point as well.

Running Azreal 3.1
Build number = 3.70.651.1
Kernel = 2.6.32.27-netarchy-toastmod-4.3.1-cfs-havs-sbc
PRI = 1.90_003
Hardware version = 0002

Havent tried to flash any other Roms/ Kernels so i have no input on what may be causing it. Just stating my setup and that i lost it.

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
flash another kernel, ziggy's has 5 point as well, other than bragging rights any reason you need 5-point?
I lost 5 point as well.

Running Azreal 3.1
Build number = 3.70.651.1
Kernel = 2.6.32.27-netarchy-toastmod-4.3.1-cfs-havs-sbc
PRI = 1.90_003
Hardware version = 0002

Havent tried to flash any other Roms/ Kernels so i have no input on what may be causing it. Just stating my setup and that i lost it.

netarchy

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, TX
github.com
Lost my five point. Running mikfroyo 4.2. I updated to 370 before I rooted. Soon as I flashed net's 4.3.1 havs nosbc I lost five pt. Went back to htc# 15 kernel and it's still gone. Hopefully this helps to maybe identify and fix this issue.

HTC #15 wouldn't have 5point anyway, the official HTC stock kernel only ever had 2 point.

netarchy

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, TX
github.com
kernels determine point touch not the ROM's

The kernel can expose the ability of hardware, it doesn't mean the software has to take advantage of it.

And the 5point code in the kernel hasn't changed since back when the evo was using android 2.1 and a 2.6.29 based kernel. The code is in there, it still works or no one would have 5point (which several people have retained, including myself).

There has to be another factor that's causing the 5point to fail. I'm betting it'has to do with the 3.70.x rom, especially when people can fall back to the older stable and still not have 5point (when we all know it worked just fine prior to any 3.70.x based roms coming out).

Reactions: BuddaBelly

BuddaBelly

May 2, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I flashed back to an older rom (5 point had worked with) I had backed up with 4.1.9.1 and still nothing. Not a big deal really just making a note of it. It does seem though that once you have lost it...its hard to get back

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
i am on RLS5 using SBC v7 based off of your 4.1.9 based kernels i believe and have 5 point using an app to test. Also they could be falling back to restore point with a kernel that has exposed the ability of the hardware
The kernel can expose the ability of hardware, it doesn't mean the software has to take advantage of it.

And the 5point code in the kernel hasn't changed since back when the evo was using android 2.1 and a 2.6.29 based kernel. The code is in there, it still works or no one would have 5point (which several people have retained, including myself).

There has to be another factor that's causing the 5point to fail. I'm betting it'has to do with the 3.70.x rom, especially when people can fall back to the older stable and still not have 5point (when we all know it worked just fine prior to any 3.70.x based roms coming out).

ninjaquick

Mar 20, 2009
Yo!

So I'm guessing this supports CM/AOSP since it works on CM at all, I'm also going to guess that this is not at all tested with Gingerbread (pre-alpha CM7) but I'll report this anyways:

Under Gingerbread, the most recent Stable build for both aggressive and moderate undervolt produce significant graphics corruption. At first I thought this might be HW related but reflash stock CM kernel and problem goes away.

It seemed to be bound to alpha channel blending and dynamic elements such as blinking icons on the notification bar, the launcher button and Launcher Pro's 3d drawer.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICES: If you are noticing abnormally high battery drain and/or uptime, and you've updated to PRI 1.90, it has come to my attention
    that this PRI has been problematic for a number of people, often resulting in large uptimes and/or poor battery life.
    This issue affects people regardless of whether or not they are using a custom kernel
    Downgrading your PRI and NV to 1.77 has been reported to resolve this issue.
    You can find all PRI and NV versions by clicking here.

Due to troubling reports of battery issues possibly caused by the SBC battery charger modification, it is worth mentioning that by using any SBC build, you
    fully assume any and all potential risks that the SBC modification may pose.

"netarchy-toastmod" is a kernel originally based on the GoDmOdE sources (Courtesy of Toast) integrating my work on fixing the fps for the Epson panels, and as of version 3.6.1, also integrating a fix for the Nova panels that does not require the use of Evo switch or manually setting any registers, etc, courtesy of work done by AssassinsLament (Well done on the nova fix). Special thanks needs to go out as well to Cyanogen and the cyanogen mod team, as a number of bugfixes and updates to the kernel in recent revisions have been ported over from cyanogen mod to enhance the overall netarchy-toastmod experience.
    So what's in the kernel?
    - Overclocking Support
    - HDMwIn (As of 4.3.4)
    - Audio gain tweaks (read: make it louder!)
    - Fps Fixes
    - tun.ko for openvpn users
    - CIFS support (as of 4.2.2)
    - BFS (in select builds)
    - BFQ (in select builds)
    - HAVS (as of 4.1.9)
    - Assorted fixes/tweaks (that are sadly too numerous to list here)
    - An army of rabid naked bunnies
    The zipalign script in the kernel's modified inits is based on code in the Damage Control rom, and extended to check more places for apps.
    The Dalvik code in the inits is courtesy of Ninpo/Hacre from the VillainRom team (over in the HTC Hero forums).

mroneeyedboh has written a handy little kernel starter guide with a lot of general information about custom kernels and various terms you might see flying around (such as cfs/bfs, havs/nohavs, etc).
    You can view this guide Here

Current Revision: Stable: 4.3.1 - For Froyo Sense roms | Beta: 4.3.4

A note on multitouch:
    Some of you may have used my 5point multitouch test builds with success, others with failure. Research has shown that the Evo's contain at least 2 different versions of the touch sensor, one of which does not support 5point multitouch (but it DOES support 3point). You can check which sensor you have using adb by issuing the following command: "adb shell cat /sys/android_touch/vendor" and examining the result. If your result is ATMEL_x0080_x0016, your phone can support 5point. If your result is ATMEL_x004F_x0016, your phone will only support up to 3point.

Disclaimer:
    While these builds have been deemed generally safe, it is not feasible to account for all possible combinations of custom roms and uses,
    custom roms may experience some breakage depending on how some features are set up, as these builds are not aimed at any one particular rom.
    As such your mileage may vary, use these at your own risk.
    2.2 Kernels (THESE WILL NOT WORK ON 2.1 ROMS):
    These have only been tested against the rooted HTC 2.2 stock rom, they *may* work on the various custom 2.2 roms,
    but this is NOT guaranteed. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP JUST IN CASE! :D
    If you get force closes on the camera, go to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Camera -> clear data.
    -----------------------------
    2.6.32-based Kernels:
    Beta Testing Builds

When making a post about any issues concerning beta builds, please include ALL of the
    following information if possible:
    1. Which kernel build(s) (ie; bfs/cfs havs/nohavs etc) are you using with the issue?
    2. What Rom are you using?
    3. If known, what OTA base is your rom using (ie; is it based on 3.29, 3.30, 3.70, etc)?
    4. Does the issue persist if you go back to a stable kernel build?
    5. The issue being experienced (obviously ;D)

4.3x:
    To clear up some confusion that is apparently being spread around,
    4.3x builds do in fact work on all current evo models, not just the newest model.

4.3.4:
    --CFS builds--
    No SBC:
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-noUV-nosbc (No Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-suv-nosbc (Static Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-less-nosbc (Less Aggressive HAVS)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-nosbc (More Aggressive HAVS)

SBC: Use sbc builds at your own risk.
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-noUV-sbc (No Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-nohavs-suv-sbc (Static Undervolting)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-less-sbc (Less Aggressive HAVS)
    4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc (More Aggressive HAVS)

For older beta builds click here.

---------------------------------------
    Stable Kernels:

Universal Builds:

4.3.1:
    --CFS builds--
    No SBC:
    netarchy-toastmod-cfs-havs-nosbc-universal
    netarchy-toastmod-cfs-nohavs-nosbc-universal

--BFS builds--
    No SBC:
    netarchy-toastmod-bfs-havs-nosbc-universal
    netarchy-toastmod-bfs-nohavs-nosbc-universal

These use Koush's anykernel for installation and should theoretically work on -any- rom.
    *note* This is designed to be flashed over a phone that already has a working kernel of some kind flashed,
    whether it's a stock kernel, or another custom kernel. In other words, if you can currently boot up your phone into whatever rom you have, this should work. ;D
    The universal kernel also does not contain the tweak scripts of the normal build (ie; zipalign on boot and the dalvik tweak), it's intended to be a universally compatible kernel.
    This also happens to mean the universal builds will probably work on CM

For older builds click here.

-------------
    Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

CFS Builds for 4.3.4 are up for testing, now with support for HDMI mirroring via HDMwIn, courtesy of Team Win.

Notes for Revision 4.3.4
    - HDMwIn support added, you still need to download the free HDMwIn app
    from the android market to use HDMI mirroring
    - Timer tick set to 1000hz
    - Unnecessary extra debugging turned off for public builds, should result in a small speed boost

BFS builds later, once I finish beating this wimax bug to death.
    Ok, this line of kernels is officially discontinued.

There's no point continuing these as these are Froyo kernels and people have moved on to gingerbread. Once HTC get off their asses and actually releases the gingersense sources, I will probably make a new kernel thread for that.
    Net, love the kernels btw! was curious if you plan on adding some code to the kernel to unlock the hidden r/w speeds of our sd cards?? the quick fix just isn't that sweet if it's not done automatically when i start the phone!

I just found out about the SD card speed issue/fix a few minutes ago. Looking into it for integration in the next build.
    In other news, the semester is done \o/

The ending tally for this semester: 3 A's, 1 B.

Now I can spend some time working on mah phone! ;D