• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Kernel] Nethunter (Oreo) for MIDO

Search This thread

v1da

Jun 26, 2017
still waiting for treble support ..................

edit: I tried to compile nethunter kernel for our mido (LEX, Oreo), but not succeeded , ended up with errors which is beyond my knowledge.
I googled and search for tutorials to compile, from youtubes but found only fews. I followed nethunte githup porting tutorial/adding new device , but not succeeded for our mido.

If....some of our devs could possibly make a tutorial or any clue, especially compiling nethunter kernel for our devices (mido), that would be helpful without interrupting our devs so that we will build our own kernels.

i'm just asking if it is possible :D with great expect :D

Last edited:

UsPdSr

still waiting for treble support ..................

edit: I tried to compile nethunter kernel for our mido (LEX, Oreo), but not succeeded , ended up with errors which is beyond my knowledge.
I googled and search for tutorials to compile, from youtubes but found only fews. I followed nethunte githup porting tutorial/adding new device , but not succeeded for our mido.

If....some of our devs could possibly make a tutorial or any clue, especially compiling nethunter kernel for our devices (mido), that would be helpful without interrupting our devs so that we will build our own kernels.

i'm just asking if it is possible :D with great expect :D

First of all kudos for such engagement.
I am not that inexperienced with Linux, but I have to admit that such tasks are not my metièr.

I tried it a couple of months ago and failed miserably. ^^

Altough I'm looking more for a stable Miui build like the Redmi 4x has or the Pocophone(grml).

While looking for tutorials (and so on), I've found a pretty decent video tutorial on YouTube.

Maybe that could be of some help for you.

The best Distribution for this work are Ubuntu-based distros.

While Ubuntu is packed with Bloatware and annoying tools I would recommend MX Linux.
If you have the time then create a USB persistent version, because there are several reports of problems with VM's all over the boards.

I hope you'll give it a retry.

The link to the tutorial - - >

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oKLou69WM&t=1132s

PS

I know that a Pie build would be pretty sweet, but therefore it has to be stable and in my opinion aren't we there yet.

Unfortunately mido has no stable Multirom support, because then would it be really awesome.

I've just thought about the Advanced Lineage version.This could be a option as well in regards of Dual-boot patcher.

The thing is that Nethunter solo as daily driver not that ideal is.

Anyhow, I wish you good luck if you give it a new try.

I recently bought a Nexus 7 (2013) and am not so happy.

Everything works and it's fine, but the device is with 2 GB Ram and the Cpu too old.

The best device for Kali Nethunter is without doubt the Nvidia Shield tablet.Forget Nexus 9 and 10.If you want a portable Kali device then go for this.

Unfortunately it's still very pricey..even used, tough in good shape, cost you around ~ € 140.

I just bought a Chromebook, but the portability is missing somehow.

Enough written. ^^

cheers, mate

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Does nethunter for mido support m7601u adapters?

Yup.

Last edited:
Reactions: v1da

v1da

Jun 26, 2017
First of all kudos for such engagement.

I hope you'll give it a retry.

The link to the tutorial - - >

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oKLou69WM&t=1132s

cheers, mate

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Yup.

Thanks for patience
Yup the video you provided is the one that I replay every single time when I's trying to compile.
Not luckily, not succeeded.
Anyway, I will try to get success one day :laugh: for our mido
I got samsung gt-s7262 that is running cm10.1, which support minotor mode and packet injection by internal adapter with the help of bcmon.
But that device is too old. :(
Someday I hope mido will get nethunter kernel :laugh:

Reactions: UsPdSr

UsPdSr

Thanks for patience
Yup the video you provided is the one that I replay every single time when I's trying to compile.
Not luckily, not succeeded.
Anyway, I will try to get success one day :laugh: for our mido
I got samsung gt-s7262 that is running cm10.1, which support minotor mode and packet injection by internal adapter with the help of bcmon.
But that device is too old. :(
Someday I hope mido will get nethunter kernel :laugh:

Ah, okay.

I'm not really interested in smartphones/tablet-Pc's with those ultra-cheap Wlan chipsets inbuilt, which are supporting monitor mode. Especially because of the lack of range resp rather useless Packet injection functionality.
There are dozens of decent chipsets like the Pineapple has.

I just ordered the AR-150 Mini Router from Gl.Inet.

They have almost identical specs in comparison to the actual Wifi Pineapple.You just need a second Wlan module in form of a adapter and voila.
Thanks to OpenWrt, binwalk and dozens nerds,the original Software with all the tools which are implemented in the original firmware is available for those who want to give it a shot.
And this for € 25,00. :)

I have several compatible Wlan adapter by now -
(4 x TP-Link WN722N v1 eg.)..a local eBay vendor offered those as barely used a while ago for a couple of Euro). ^^

Besides that, can I always sell them, should I don't wanna use them.
They are rare as f**.Altough I've already 4 Alfa adapter, they're still reliable and freakishly good performance wise.

If you want to go into monitor mode and also keep an eye on stealth, then use rather a good nano adapter like the Ralink 5370 or the MediaTek 7601 for example.

I came across the Poco forum and read about the Sphinx kernel, which sounds too good to be true.

I was thinking to open a thread to ask a dev, but that comes a bit like begging across and is in my experience too 99% of failure crowned.

Anyhow.

This kernel would be ideal (Miui/LOS) and has all of the actual wlan driver (+ bunch of customization methods).

I looked up a couple of tutorials, but as I said earlier this would be totally uncharted Territorium.

Shouldn't you be able to succeed perhaps I'll give it a try. :confused:

For now I wish you good luck!

PS

Mido has a current functional Nethunter kernel, but for AOSP/LOS 8.1 (without treble support) which can be seen here. ;)

edit. Grammar cluster fu**. Edited for readability.

Last edited:
Reactions: v1da

UsPdSr

After installing NetHunter, no modules in lsmod present( I did all according to instruction in previous page(

This error is a result of an issue with the official Kali rolling repository.

I have the same error on my Nexus 7.
There is a workaround, but I don't have the link on hand.

Just google it.

Last edited:

UsPdSr

Quick update:

I switched to a CyanogenMod build on my Nexus, because I was a bit annoyed by the laggy stock rom.

Offensive recently released Kali 2019.1 and therewith a fix /patch for several bugs, which affected Nethunter's repo as well.

If a Gpg error appears look it up, there is an easy fix.

That's it.

Cheers!

PS

Here the above mentioned fix, if a error by the update appears.

wget -q -O - https://archive.kali.org/archive-key.asc | apt-key add

Last edited:

Pimeekunkku

Mar 16, 2019
Not booting into sys

When i flashed this in my recovery (orangefox) it just keeps booting into fastboot. I had to recover from a backup. Is there a fix for this or did i do something wrong?

UsPdSr

When i flashed this in my recovery (orangefox) it just keeps booting into fastboot. I had to recover from a backup. Is there a fix for this or did i do something wrong?

You have to install a non-treble aosp-/los based oreo rom.As there aren't that many in circulation, which is not something I welcome, but I bought a OnePlus 3 and don't have the device as well as the limited Kali support, for that matter.

Like I said, OmiRom, preferably LiquidRemix.

After that the configuration is self-explanatory.

The Kernel is more stable then most of the official supported devices.

Hf

UsPdSr

So sad that development of nethunter kernel for mido is end
:crying::crying::crying::crying:

Wuz?

You are extremely misinformed, bud.

Not even a week ago, the whole team moved their repository to gitlab. ;)

A couple of new programmer and developers have joined the project.

When you look up jacduano's server, you'll notice a complete new release in 'nightly'.

This is the first since 2017!

Re4son, a very gifted developer, well-known in the cybersecurity resp pentesting scene, joined the Nethunter project.

As far as it regards the Mido, I would recommended that you give it a shot to develop a new kernel by yourself. It's not that difficult, trust me.You have to invest some time and read a lot, but mainly it's copy&paste.

It's become very simple by now.

In the meantime you can use the actual build for the mido.

You will find all necessary software here - >

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14yFnYTT7dL5-h9CrISGgPLkLxCPWMui2

Hack responsible =)

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77999905&postcount=152

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

PS

I read a couple of pages in this thread, as I am not a mido user anymore and saw our correspondence regarding a kernel compilation by one self.

I saw a couple of threads in regard to this topic.I would recommend to give it a a try, or buy another device with better support.
OnePlus 5 or 6 are good choices.

In regard to the screen size, are there a couple if options from a bit pricey till very.. Nvidia Shield Tablet (even used, 32 gb ~ 250 $).Altough the development ended with Nougat.
The absolut hammer is a Samsung Tab S4, afair.~500 $ at least.

Personally I tend to concentrate on my laptop and chromebook, specifically for this.What portability regards I would tend to Raspberry's.

The hardware(beside the new Tablet) is just not well suited for cybersecurity jobs or mischief.

I bought a good as new OnePlus 3 for 220 $, but the graphical design is too monotonous.

But, because I am that kind of geek, I look for a Lg Nexus 5.

Not the '5x'.

It's still the best supported device.
Binkybear's Nethunter OS supposedly works great.
Maybe I give the Nexus 6p another shot.Kimocoder's newly released kernel for Oreo has Nexmon implemented as well.

Although I struggel with the price/Gb from the Nexus 5.170 $, 32 Gb for a 4 year old device.. o_O

We will see.

Best of luck!

Reactions: lyvidium and v1da

v1da

Jun 26, 2017
Wuz?

You are extremely misinformed, bud.

Not even a week ago, the whole team moved their repository to gitlab. ;)

A couple of new programmer and developers have joined the project.

When you look up jacduano's server, you'll notice a complete new release in 'nightly'.
thank you for information
i tried to build kernel myself esp for PIE, searching for informations, but no success, ended up like a dead pig
thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: UsPdSr

Wonderfullmann

Nov 24, 2018
Heey man!
What about nethunter for our devices on project treble? Are you work at it? If this job is possible, can you write post about it? And, of course, I understand that this port maybe hard, but I can't wait this sh*t and I believe you! I think, You can do it!:D
[Sorry for my bad English]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is NetHunter ?

---------------------------

The Kali Linux NetHunter project is the first Open Source Android penetration testing platform for Nexus devices, created as a joint effort between the Kali community member “BinkyBear” and Offensive Security. NetHunter supports Wireless 802.11 frame injection, one-click MANA Evil Access Point setups, HID keyboard (Teensy like attacks), as well as BadUSB MITM attacks – and is built upon the sturdy shoulders of the Kali Linux distribution and toolsets.

Features :
    • Upstreamed to latest 3.18.102
    • Working wifi cards
    • HID gadget,
    • CD-ROM emulation,
    • many external wifi cards drivers
    • Virtualization

How to install it?
    • Backup recommend ( it's on you )
    • Unlocked Bootloader
    • TWRP Recovery Installed
    • Flash zip
    • ENJOY!

Downloads :
    Code:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I2PkCNczvtnvZQzoH22YsN93phMObmSz/view?usp=drivesdk

Notice : chroot implement in zips so no need to downtown just flash in recovery!

Please Report Bugs!

XDA: DevDB Information
    Kali NetHunter Kernel (Oreo) MIDO

Contributers
    @Alann200
    @nathanchance

Source Code :
    Code:
    https//github.com/NeutronDevelopers/mido

Version Information
    Created : 2018-03-24

view
    How to flash it I am on lineage os 15.1(treble) with Franko kernel ???
    Support for treble rom coming soon stay tuned...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    Nethunter Kernel for mido (pie)

This is just personal kernel
    but willing to share if someone has a compatible wifi adapter and for some reason we mido users don't have kernel supported packet-injection :p
    This kernel is only for Redmi Note 4x (mido, PIE)
    - Flash the kernel with twrp recovery (always backup your boot.img before flashing, in case of bootloop)
    - After reboot, flash Magisk Module Nethunter Firmware
    - You can use Kali nethunter magisk module or Termux aircrack-ng

Not working with --
    - rtl8192cu and may be others :crying:
    Working with --
    - awus036neh (rt2870/3070) and may be others :good:

Screenshots can be found here

Credits and thanks to Englezos Kernel Source
    Is this a rom or I have to install linage os 15 for this please explain, new to android and rom stuff.
    right now I have lineage os 14 installed and I have redmi note 4 snapdragon.

First flash a Oreo rom (8.1.0) on your device than just install this zip via twrp recovery and done! ( If you install this kernel on nougat you'll face some bugs as this kernel is for Oreo ROMs only)
    Thanks
    @Alann200
    What is NetHunter ?

Features :
    • Upstreamed to latest 3.18.101
    • Working wifi cards
    • HID gadget,
    • CD-ROM emulation,
    • many external wifi cards drivers
    • Virtualization

How to install it?
    • Backup recommend ( it's on you )
    • Unlocked Bootloader
    • TWRP Recovery Installed
    • Flash zip
    • ENJOY!

Downloads :
    Code:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t7ZVi6vmj_JzlHE4lETPJnLaO62zmpc-/view?usp=drivesdk

Please Report Bugs!

XDA: DevDB Information
    Kali NetHunter Kernel (Oreo) MIDO

Contributers
    @Alann200
    @nathanchance

Source Code :
    Code:
    https//github.com/NeutronDevelopers/mido

Version Information
    Created : 2018-03-24

Is this a rom or I have to install linage os 15 for this please explain, new to android and rom stuff.
    right now I have lineage os 14 installed and I have redmi note 4 snapdragon.