[KERNEL][NIGHTLY - 223-JB] franco.Kernel | Linaro Experimental Builds & Discussion

Search This thread

rogersnm

Dec 10, 2008
The nearest pub
[KERNEL][NIGHTLY - 223-JB] franco.Kernel | Linaro Experimental Builds & Discussion

franco.Kernel - Linaro Builds

This is a thread solely for the discussion of the Linaro builds of franco.kernel. Franco gave his permission for this thread however he offers no support for any bugs experienced with these builds, please do not PM with his questions about this toolchain. Linaro builds are compiled with a high level of compiler optimization which can introduce glitches into the kernel, these builds are experimental. Feel free to discuss performance, post benchmarks and report bugs. I'll try to keep up with his nightly versions as he releases the source code and compile them with the Linaro toolchain.

franco.Kernel features:
  • Overclock CPU up to 1804 MHz
  • Overclocked GPU to 512 MHz
  • Voltage Control
  • Built with GCC version 4.7.1 20120531 (prerelease) (Linaro GCC 2012.06)

Downloads:

Install Instructions:
  • Go to the website below and navigate to the folder with the highest number
  • Download one of the archives
  • Drop it onto your SD card
  • Flash it in recovery

franco.Kernel updater app features:
  • Downloads the kernel directly from the ftp
  • Checks for updates directly from the ftp
  • Checks and downloads Imoseyon's kernel (new feature)
  • Kernel auto-flash
  • Cpu frequencies changer
  • Governor changer
  • Voltage control interface
  • Color Control - You're able to change GAMMA values and Color Multipliers to achieve the best color profile
  • Sound Control - Increase the max volume of your device
  • Download special franco.Kernel boot animation
  • Wi-fi special mode to boost signal during streaming while on screen off
  • Custom download path
  • Live calibrated voltages panel
  • Disable logger
  • Dedicated milestone and nightly kernels changelogs

Source: https://github.com/franciscofranco/Tuna_JB_pre1/tree/4.1

Enjoy!

I've found a bug, what shall I do?
First of all, make sure this bug does not occur on the non-linaro Franco kernel. Second, make sure it's not caused by your rom, if you've flashed this kernel at the same time you flashed a linaro ROM, it's much more likely the issue is caused by a bug in the ROM.

If you're sure that the bug is definitely specific to the linaro franco kernels, post your logcat and kmsg (from /proc/last_kmsg - if you encounter a bug, reboot first in order to generate /proc/last_kmsg, then grab it and upload it), along with the name of the kernel .zip you flashed and ideally instructions on how to reproduce the bug.

Current Known Issues:
  • None
READ THIS:

What's different about the *.5pcOC.* archives?
This kernel is built with a 5% static board overclock, as of r186 Franco's normal builds no longer use any static board overclock. Your phone may not be able to handle this, if you get stuck on the google logo flash back to another release without the overclock.

What's different about the *.10pcOC.* archives?
This kernel is built with a 10% static board overclock rather than a 5% static board overclock, give it a go if you want.

Builds 207 and onwards are Jelly Bean only

Download link for all builds: http://franconexus.servehttp.com/

Last edited:

Diger36

Jul 26, 2010
Thanks, will give it at try...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
Great job thanks for this thread! Can you perhaps create builds without the 5% static board over clock doo daa so people like me who's nexus' don't like it will be able to boot?

Edit

Been using this a for a while now and I got to say to the performance is amazing and loving finally being able to use the newer builds :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

shafty023

Jul 24, 2007
Austin,TX
Tried flashing this on my Galaxy Nexus CM9/Linaro build and both kernels never got past the Google boot screen. Flashed back the Milestone 4 kernel and everything is working again.

rogersnm

Dec 10, 2008
The nearest pub
Tried flashing this on my Galaxy Nexus CM9/Linaro build and both kernels never got past the Google boot screen. Flashed back the Milestone 4 kernel and everything is working again.

This is a known issue with certain phones that arises because they are unable to run the 5% static overclock, the *.doc.* zips in the OP don't include this and they should allow you to boot up as normal.

Last edited:

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
This is a known issue with certain phones that arises because they are unable to run the 5% static overclock, the attached build doesn't include this and it should allow you to boot up as normal.

What gpu setting does this one run on?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using XDA

rogersnm

Dec 10, 2008
The nearest pub
What gpu setting does this one run on?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using XDA

I just added a freshly compiled doc.512GPU to the OP, I'll add the doc.384GPU one tomorrow.

For reference "doc" in the filename stands for Disabled Overclock, it means the build does not have the 5% static overclock. It does still allow you to apply a CPU overclock.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gingerbread Man

wingswrath

Jan 8, 2012
Toronto
not sure if placebo but my nexus seems to be flying more then usual too :)
(rascream 6-01 build, franco 512 w/ linaro)

P.S. thx for the awesome build

Last edited:

winkler1b

Jul 14, 2010
The new rascream ROM came out today....guess it has some linaro from the upstream AOSP, not too sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

DJxSpeedy

Nov 15, 2008
djxspeedy.blogspot.com
Nokia 4.2
is it normal that i can download books with this kernel in germany ?

or is this function new activated in germany and has nothing to do with this kernel ? ?

question 2 : i can use the franco app to make all settings with this kernel ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

franco.Kernel - Linaro Builds

This is a thread solely for the discussion of the Linaro builds of franco.kernel. Franco gave his permission for this thread however he offers no support for any bugs experienced with these builds, please do not PM with his questions about this toolchain. Linaro builds are compiled with a high level of compiler optimization which can introduce glitches into the kernel, these builds are experimental. Feel free to discuss performance, post benchmarks and report bugs. I'll try to keep up with his nightly versions as he releases the source code and compile them with the Linaro toolchain.

franco.Kernel features:
    • Overclock CPU up to 1804 MHz
    • Overclocked GPU to 512 MHz
    • Voltage Control
    • Built with GCC version 4.7.1 20120531 (prerelease) (Linaro GCC 2012.06)

Downloads:

Install Instructions:
    • Go to the website below and navigate to the folder with the highest number
    • Download one of the archives
    • Drop it onto your SD card
    • Flash it in recovery

franco.Kernel updater app features:
    • Downloads the kernel directly from the ftp
    • Checks for updates directly from the ftp
    • Checks and downloads Imoseyon's kernel (new feature)
    • Kernel auto-flash
    • Cpu frequencies changer
    • Governor changer
    • Voltage control interface
    • Color Control - You're able to change GAMMA values and Color Multipliers to achieve the best color profile
    • Sound Control - Increase the max volume of your device
    • Download special franco.Kernel boot animation
    • Wi-fi special mode to boost signal during streaming while on screen off
    • Custom download path
    • Live calibrated voltages panel
    • Disable logger
    • Dedicated milestone and nightly kernels changelogs

Source: https://github.com/franciscofranco/Tuna_JB_pre1/tree/4.1

Enjoy!

I've found a bug, what shall I do?
    First of all, make sure this bug does not occur on the non-linaro Franco kernel. Second, make sure it's not caused by your rom, if you've flashed this kernel at the same time you flashed a linaro ROM, it's much more likely the issue is caused by a bug in the ROM.

If you're sure that the bug is definitely specific to the linaro franco kernels, post your logcat and kmsg (from /proc/last_kmsg - if you encounter a bug, reboot first in order to generate /proc/last_kmsg, then grab it and upload it), along with the name of the kernel .zip you flashed and ideally instructions on how to reproduce the bug.

Current Known Issues:
    • None
    READ THIS:

What's different about the *.5pcOC.* archives?
    This kernel is built with a 5% static board overclock, as of r186 Franco's normal builds no longer use any static board overclock. Your phone may not be able to handle this, if you get stuck on the google logo flash back to another release without the overclock.

What's different about the *.10pcOC.* archives?
    This kernel is built with a 10% static board overclock rather than a 5% static board overclock, give it a go if you want.

Builds 207 and onwards are Jelly Bean only

Download link for all builds: http://franconexus.servehttp.com/
    r196 is attached

Changelog:
    * Remove 576Mhz entirely - it was causing some undesired instability
    * Add toggle to turn on/off fsync: echo Y > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled (it's disabled by default which means that enabled = less IO speed while having data integrity; disabled = more IO throughput but less data integrity)
    * Add morfics contrast interface. To change the value: echo X > /sys/module/panel_s6e8aa0/parameters/contrast (change X to the desired value; the default is -24 so don't cry if you think your device is too contrasted)
    * Change BLX default value from 96 to 100 - this allows the users to use all range of 0-100 values for the BLX interface

For future reference; all builds will be uploaded to http://franconexus.servehttp.com/ first.
    As promised I got there in the end - the builds are attached
    r191 is attached :)

r191 Changelog
    * Revert CPUIDLE patch from Android team
    * Add ethernet interface support by user request
    * Add KALLYSMS_ALL for compatibility with one app
    * Tweaks and optimizations in the ramdisk
    * Fixed bug in the Updater app that caused force closes under certain circumstances
    r192
    * Swiched to SLUB memory allocator to enable support for slide2wake app
    * Added 576Mhz and 1651.2Mhz frequencies
    Linaro Specific Changes:
    * Reverted the TI OMAP Interactive patch to improve responsiveness whilst using the interactive governor and hopefully put an end to the random reboots
    * Reverted the TILER memory allocation tweak due to bugs in certain apps

Note: Users in the main thread have reported random reboots with r192