- Apr 4, 2015
EXPERIENCE HALOGEN | EXPERIENCE AWESOMENESS
For Changelogs please see POST #2.
For FAQ please see POST #3.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will simply laugh at you. */
NOTE :-This kernel is ONLY meant for AOSP/CM ROMs.
This IS NOT MEANT for STOCK ROMs.
Upto R14 Kernel supports Lollipop.
From R15 onwards Kernel supports ONLY Marshmallow.
From R18 onwards Kernel supports Doze + Marshmallow.
From R30 onwards Kernel supports ONLY Nougat.
WHAT IS THIS KERNEL ?This kernel is built especially for these 3 things :- 1. Audio, 2. Performance, 3. Battery Life.
The main aim of halogen is to bring performance without compromising stability & battery. And that is what I intend to do. Go ahead and try this kernel, and it should make your device much better.
(features of ONLY the latest version is mentioned)
- Based on Linux Kernel 3.4.42
- Updated with the latest CM14.1 sources
- Built with UBER Toolchain GCC-4.9
- Any Kernel 2 script used
- Kexc Hardboot patched
- Built with optimization flags for enhanced performance
- GPU OC to 533 MHz & UC to 100 MHz
- Disabled PowerHal log spam (thanks to @attack11)
- Faux Sound Control v3.5
- Headset in high performance profile
- Slimbus overclocking for superior audio quality
- Enabled CPU boost
- Add Frandom
- Power effecient work queues enabled by default
- Reclaim RAM from loggers
- Disable gentle_fair_sleepers for increased I/O
- Enable advanced unaligned_access
- Enable arch_power
- Use power efficient workqueues for bam_dmux
- Optimize square root algorithm
- intelliactive, intellidemand, zzmoove cpu governors
- intelliplug v4.0 cpu hotplug
- enabled advanced tcp congestions
- Ability to use your device as USB Keyboard / Mouse
- Stereo call record support
- KCAL v2 by Savoca
- Dynamic FSync
- Added optimized square root algorithm
- Added optimized ARM_RWSEM algorithm
- NEON kernel mode
- Ex-FAT support
LONG TERM SUPPORT :-
This kernel will be supported for a long time with updates directly streamed from CM kernel sources i . e . as long as CM keeps publishing updates to its base, this kernel will also be updated.
(do not mirror my links)
[ Latest Version ]
[ Older Versions ]
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :-
- Reboot into recovery.
- Make a nandroid BackUp.
- Select Install zip from SD Card.
- Select the Downloaded zip.
- Then Reboot to System.
- Leave your phone untouched for 2-3 minutes after first reboot to allow the kernel to spread it's wings.
RECOMMENDED APPS FOR KERNEL TWEAKING :-
- Kernel Adiutor
- Faux123 Kernel Enhancement Pro
~~Motorola for kernel sources
~~Luk & Luca -for various fixes
~~Thecrazyskull, DC07 -for cherry-picks
Please don't start a war here if I forgot to mention someone. PM me and I will add him / her.
HalogenKernel, Kernel for the Moto G 2014
Source Code: https://github.com/zakee94/halogen_kernel/
Kernel Special Features: Faux sound, Kexec, KCAL, Intelliplug
Current Stable Version: R31
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-07
Last Updated 2017-01-07
77.8 KB Views: 31,355
79.1 KB Views: 30,613
116.5 KB Views: 30,282
60 KB Views: 17,398
77.3 KB Views: 17,256
52.8 KB Views: 17,018