• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Search This thread

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
ElementalX Kernel
for Pixel 5
p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
-Optimized for performance and battery life
-Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value)
-Block wakelocks
-direct HBM
-CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
-Adrenoboost option
-Option to disable fsync
-WireGuard support

Installation
1. Flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Use High Brightness Mode app to control high brightness mode automatically. This will allow you to see the screen better in bright sunshine.

Downloads

Android 11
ElementalX-P5-1.00

Source code:
Github

XDA:DevDB Information
ElementalX P5, Kernel for the Google Pixel 5

Contributors
flar2
Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Pixel-4/tree/ElementalX-P5-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2020-11-18
Last Updated 2020-11-18

Golf c

Jan 4, 2015
SafetyNet passes just fine. This is a kernel, not a rom.

Edit: the kernel will not make your phone pass SafetyNet. It's not what is for.

Btw I forgot to backup stock kernel, did anyone back it up that can share it?
No ****

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Okay so far this is faster than stock. Just flashed. We shall see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

And yes, I will get to the new kernel builds soon
    Guys, please wait patiently, it's extremely RUDE to be making these posts.
    I didn't mean to be rude at all. Last time I checked on this thread @flar2 hadn't updated to 12 with the DPs and was blind building. Those blind builds weren't working. I haven't visited this thread since March
    I understand, my friend, trust me, I do. And please don't feel I attacked, you or anyone. My post was just a general, friendly reminder that the Developers are the bloodline of XDA, and they must be protected at all costs. These amazing developers also provide this work freely. As you know Flar2 is quite an amazing guy. He clearly has a lot going on, and with Android 12 coming around the corner it's absolutely understandable for him to be on it, preparing. But, we must also remember that devices are needed for development. He needs time to roll back to Android 11, as stated, to figure out what's going wrong.
    He also just released quite an impressive application that is more than clear MUCH thought and time was put into this, absolutely, stunning UI, and design. (Seriously bro, amazing work. Thank you for sharing).

It's only been 2 days since his post. Real life happens. Issues come up. Asking for updates is something, as I stated, find, especially as a retired RD, to just be rude. We're all entitled to our thoughts, however.

Love to all,
    Andy
    Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

Thanks for all you do, and all your hard work! (y)(y)(y)
    Yes, 1.09 is removed since it didn't work. I will try again tomorrow.

If anyone is interested, I have a new app for testing:
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel 5
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value)
    -Block wakelocks
    -direct HBM
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -WireGuard support

Installation
    1. Flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Use High Brightness Mode app to control high brightness mode automatically. This will allow you to see the screen better in bright sunshine.

Downloads

Android 11
    ElementalX-P5-1.00

Source code:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX P5, Kernel for the Google Pixel 5

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Pixel-4/tree/ElementalX-P5-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2020-11-18
    Last Updated 2020-11-18
    It's incredible that still to this day only a tiny percentage of users have purchased my app. Missing out on so much over the years.

The latest update of EX Kernel Manager adds backup and restore of dtbo.img

I've also released kernel updates for the Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, and OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 7 Pro and Nord this month.

So, if you want to support active kernel development, think about paying a few bucks for my app.
    i'll just confirm this is the case. too bad i wanted to try this with S. Just for anyone else who trys this. you dont need to reflash the rom. just the boot.img. i used the one i had from magisk.
    I am working on the S kernel too.