[KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Search This thread

trizzv

Jan 25, 2013
Installed an old magisk module and it corrupted my phone for a moment (said no OS) and then after reboot came back to normal and I just deleted that module. When I go to the exkm, it changed the model of my device. Is this okay? I have root so far and magisk works. Any ideas?

yoye_cros

Jun 12, 2014
Google Pixel 5
I uploaded a kernel for Android 12 in EXKM.

I did not test it, as I don't want to install Android 12 on this phone. It should work, I did install Android 12 on my Pixel 4XL and everything was working good. Use Magisk canary to root.

Hi,

Didn't work there. I flashed it with EXKM, then reboot, but it's staying in fastboot mode (reaseon: failed to load/verify boot images).

Reactions: flar2

hochoch

Dec 20, 2010
Hi @flar2 I'm on pixel 4a5g, i just updated to march and went do download the latest kernel: 1.05, and i keep getting a download failed notification. the latest kernel is not online anywhere to download manually that i can find. Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: jserio

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
OnePlus 9
Hey @flar2 I had my device reboot on me last night. This happened to me on Zest kernel as well so not exactly sure what's going on but I've attached logs if you have time to take a look.

Thank you for all your work for so many years!

Attachments

• logs.zip
    173.6 KB · Views: 7

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Hey @flar2 I had my device reboot on me last night. This happened to me on Zest kernel as well so not exactly sure what's going on but I've attached logs if you have time to take a look.

Thank you for all your work for so many years!

It doesn't look like it's related to elementalx, I think you may need to reflash a fresh system

msoose

Mar 22, 2021
@flar2 Just sent a PR on GitHub to include support for some USB ACM, hopefully it can be merged, it's a small addition that opens up access to some specific external USB devices for power users.

joeyfong

Feb 1, 2011
Macau
Screenshot_20210406-121500.png

Reactions: Sh0X31

treIII

Jul 10, 2012
I haven't been on xda in a while and I now have a pixel 5. I just feel as though the phone is slow. I can live with it but would rather not. I always used flar2 kernels in the past and so I'd like to know if this kernel overclockable and do I have to update monthly because of the security updates Google sends out? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

It's incredible that still to this day only a tiny percentage of users have purchased my app. Missing out on so much over the years.
    The latest update of EX Kernel Manager adds backup and restore of dtbo.img

I've also released kernel updates for the Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, and OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 7 Pro and Nord this month.

So, if you want to support active kernel development, think about paying a few bucks for my app.
    It's incredible that still to this day only a tiny percentage of users have purchased my app. Missing out on so much over the years.
    🙋‍♂️ I'm one of those. Personally, I love the app. And I agree, those who don't purchase it are missing out.
    I bought it after my 3rd EX kernel update years ago. Still the BEST $$$ I've spent in my Android universe!

Thaks for all you do!!!
    I purchased it soon as it was released. Nice app

I've also released kernel updates for the Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, and OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 7 Pro and Nord this month.

So, if you want to support active kernel development, think about paying a few bucks for my app.
    🙋‍♂️ I'm one of those. Personally, I love the app. And I agree, those who don't purchase it are missing out.
    How can I get the version 1.05 as I'm still on March security update? Or is 1.06 okay to flash on March?
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel 5
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value)
    -Block wakelocks
    -direct HBM
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -WireGuard support

Installation
    1. Flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Use High Brightness Mode app to control high brightness mode automatically. This will allow you to see the screen better in bright sunshine.

Downloads

Android 11
    ElementalX-P5-1.00

Source code:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX P5, Kernel for the Google Pixel 5

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Pixel-4/tree/ElementalX-P5-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2020-11-18
    Last Updated 2020-11-18

I uploaded a kernel for Android 12 in EXKM.

I did not test it, as I don't want to install Android 12 on this phone. It should work, I did install Android 12 on my Pixel 4XL and everything was working good. Use Magisk canary to root.
    Try downloading on the 4a 5G now, i forgot to update the links
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone