[KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Search This thread

THEVAN3D

May 31, 2014
OnePlus One
Google Pixel 5
where did you guys get the 1.06? i only see 1.00 links and it messed up my phone. Cant record or play videos. and now that I'm typing this message i can also feel my keyboard is lagging. I'm on latest system image, so i need that 1.06. please. thanks.

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / RC- RT Committee / Semper Salty
Staff member
It's incredible that still to this day only a tiny percentage of users have purchased my app. Missing out on so much over the years.
I bought it after my 3rd EX kernel update years ago. Still the BEST $$$ I've spent in my Android universe!

Thanks for all you do!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jaythenut and flar2

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
The latest update of EX Kernel Manager adds backup and restore of dtbo.img

I've also released kernel updates for the Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, and OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 7 Pro and Nord this month.

So, if you want to support active kernel development, think about paying a few bucks for my app.
I noticed on the Play Store that you've updated for Android 12. Just saw that this morning. I'll have to reflash your kernel when I get home from work. Thanks for the update.

barleydan

Apr 24, 2021
There doesn't seem to be iptables TTL & HopLimit increment/decrement/set support in 1.06 for Pixel 4a (5G), is this intentional?
I'd love to have CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_HL=y and NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_HL=y included to get rid of my tethering restrictions the automated way.

elong7681

• May 23, 2015
    US
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Google Pixel 5
    I'm sorry can you (or anyone) tell me how to update to May build? OTA fails for me since I'm rooted. Still on April build and dont know how to update. Thanks
    If you're talking about the Android operating system you have to restore magisk manager back to normal, what I mean is you have to unhide it remove any module you have installed flash the April boot image then boot into Android download the OTA image from Google and side load it using the platform tools or download the full image and flash it with the platform tools

THEVAN3D

May 31, 2014
    OnePlus One
    Google Pixel 5
    If you're talking about the Android operating system you have to restore magisk manager back to normal, what I mean is you have to unhide it remove any module you have installed flash the April boot image then boot into Android download the OTA image from Google and side load it using the platform tools or download the full image and flash it with the platform tools
    i disabled it and still couldnt update. then i uninstalled magisk completely. but still unable to flash OTA.

Homeboy76

• Aug 24, 2012
    i disabled it and still couldnt update. then i uninstalled magisk completely. but still unable to flash OTA.
    @THEVAN3D
    You have to uninstall Magisk:
    Flash the Stock boot.img to both slots:
    Open a Command Prompt in the Platform- tools folder and type fastboot flash boot --slot all boot.img
    Note fastboot.exe and the boot.img must be in the same folder.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      i'll just confirm this is the case. too bad i wanted to try this with S. Just for anyone else who trys this. you dont need to reflash the rom. just the boot.img. i used the one i had from magisk.
      I am working on the S kernel too.
      New release for June - @flar2 - Can you confirm V1.07 is safe to flash currently or needs new release?
      The kernel source is not released yet, so I don't know, but it usually works. As usual, I will build and release the kernel thru EXKM as soon as it's released.
      I flashed the June security update on my Pixel 5 earlier today, patched boot.img with Magisk, had an update to ElementalX, and all was fine. A few minutes ago another kernel update was available, which I assume was the June kernel update. It installed fine but when I let it reboot, I'm now stuck on the colored Google, not the spinning G. Help!!!
      just flash June boot.img
      I flashed the June security update on my Pixel 5 earlier today, patched boot.img with Magisk, had an update to ElementalX, and all was fine. A few minutes ago another kernel update was available, which I assume was the June kernel update. It installed fine but when I let it reboot, I'm now stuck on the colored Google, not the spinning G. Help!!!
      Figures, just as soon as I flash S beta onto my Pixel 5, there is big update and now a potential problem. I'll wait for someone else to confirm.
      just flash June boot.img
      Thanks, that's what I did but it took me a while to figure it. Here's what I did:

Power off, boot to fastboot with power and volume down.
      From PC, fastboot devices to be sure I could see the phone.
      fastboot flash boot --slot all boot.img
      fastboot reboot
      It's incredible that still to this day only a tiny percentage of users have purchased my app. Missing out on so much over the years.
      The latest update of EX Kernel Manager adds backup and restore of dtbo.img

I've also released kernel updates for the Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, and OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 7 Pro and Nord this month.

So, if you want to support active kernel development, think about paying a few bucks for my app.
      ElementalX Kernel
      for Pixel 5
      p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
      -Optimized for performance and battery life
      -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value)
      -Block wakelocks
      -direct HBM
      -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
      -Adrenoboost option
      -Option to disable fsync
      -WireGuard support

Installation
      1. Flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Use High Brightness Mode app to control high brightness mode automatically. This will allow you to see the screen better in bright sunshine.

Downloads

Android 11
      ElementalX-P5-1.00

Source code:
      Github

XDA:DevDB Information
      ElementalX P5, Kernel for the Google Pixel 5

Contributors
      flar2
      Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Pixel-4/tree/ElementalX-P5-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2020-11-18
      Last Updated 2020-11-18
      i'll just confirm this is the case. too bad i wanted to try this with S. Just for anyone else who trys this. you dont need to reflash the rom. just the boot.img. i used the one i had from magisk.
      I am working on the S kernel too.
      I uploaded a kernel for Android 12 in EXKM.

I did not test it, as I don't want to install Android 12 on this phone. It should work, I did install Android 12 on my Pixel 4XL and everything was working good. Use Magisk canary to root.