• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Search This thread

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
I didn't mean to be rude at all. Last time I checked on this thread @flar2 hadn't updated to 12 with the DPs and was blind building. Those blind builds weren't working. I haven't visited this thread since March

EDIT: My next post might be rude, but to and for another user/member. I'm taking a couple of deep breaths thinking if I should respond.
EDIT #2 (on this new post); I didn't mean to quote myself.

Last edited:

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I didn't mean to be rude at all. Last time I checked on this thread @flar2 hadn't updated to 12 with the DPs and was blind building. Those blind builds weren't working. I haven't visited this thread since March
I understand, my friend, trust me, I do. And please don't feel I attacked, you or anyone. My post was just a general, friendly reminder that the Developers are the bloodline of XDA, and they must be protected at all costs. These amazing developers also provide this work freely. As you know Flar2 is quite an amazing guy. He clearly has a lot going on, and with Android 12 coming around the corner it's absolutely understandable for him to be on it, preparing. But, we must also remember that devices are needed for development. He needs time to roll back to Android 11, as stated, to figure out what's going wrong.
He also just released quite an impressive application that is more than clear MUCH thought and time was put into this, absolutely, stunning UI, and design. (Seriously bro, amazing work. Thank you for sharing).

It's only been 2 days since his post. Real life happens. Issues come up. Asking for updates is something, as I stated, find, especially as a retired RD, to just be rude. We're all entitled to our thoughts, however.

Love to all,
Andy

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5
I understand, my friend, trust me, I do. And please don't feel I attacked, you or anyone. My post was just a general, friendly reminder that the Developers are the bloodline of XDA, and they must be protected at all costs. These amazing developers also provide this work freely. As you know Flar2 is quite an amazing guy. He clearly has a lot going on, and with Android 12 coming around the corner it's absolutely understandable for him to be on it, preparing. But, we must also remember that devices are needed for development. He needs time to roll back to Android 11, as stated, to figure out what's going wrong.
He also just released quite an impressive application that is more than clear MUCH thought and time was put into this, absolutely, stunning UI, and design. (Seriously bro, amazing work. Thank you for sharing).

It's only been 2 days since his post. Real life happens. Issues come up. Asking for updates is something, as I stated, find, especially as a retired RD, to just be rude. We're all entitled to our thoughts, however.

Love to all,
Andy
I can't agree more with everything you've said here.

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
@flar2

I'm actually using the kernel for the Pixel 4a 5g. I'm writing this here, because there is no thread for that device, but it uses the same kernel.
I see you have fiops as the default scheduler, but when the phone boots, exkm reports it's on cfq. Looking a little deeper, it appears most filesystems are on fiops, except sda. sda appears to be on cfq still. I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but I would like to figure out how to fix this. As a workaround, I disabled cfq in defconfig to orevent it from being built and all fs now appear to be on fiops. But, at least for me, this isn't a very good answer but instead a bandaid. I would really like to figure out how to fix this moving forward and reintroduce cfq back in to the kernel. I would like to note, that when I mention all fs', I'm speaking of sd* fiesystems only. I know loop, ram, vold, etc does not use a scheduler.

May 5, 2018
Fantastic kernel. Thank you.
Do you suggest any setting on EXKM?
For example, my P5 suffer from battery drain when locked, can I do improvements using wakelock tab?
😀

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Tit for tat... Last build I ran, Sunday, doesn't boot. Kernel was broken with the june updates. Only way I was able to get it to boot was to reset back to may commits and the merge the june updates myself. Not sure what exactly when wrong, but I'm sure flar2 is working on it.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

And yes, I will get to the new kernel builds soon

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

I haven't received the update yet in the play store...

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member

Thanks for all you do, and all your hard work! (y)(y)(y)

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
I've spent many days trying to get a working kernel for Android 12 and June or later for Android 11 and I simply can't figure it out. I have no idea why my builds won't boot. Tried everything and I'm stumped.

If anyone knows the secret, please let me know. Otherwise, I can't spend any more time on it, I have too many other things to do.

elong7681

May 23, 2015
US
Moto X4
Google Pixel 2 XL
I've spent many days trying to get a working kernel for Android 12 and June or later for Android 11 and I simply can't figure it out. I have no idea why my builds won't boot. Tried everything and I'm stumped.

If anyone knows the secret, please let me know. Otherwise, I can't spend any more time on it, I have too many other things to do.
Have you spoken with @tbalden or @kdrag0n they might be able to help you out

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Budapest
www.virtuousrom.com

There are two things to try:

Or:

This resolves the issues at boot time with mini dump driver and its dependencies

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, someone have 1.07 on october update ?
    Working fine for me.
    Yes, he's got to rebuild his building environment, then release a new update. Probably days, or weeks away.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel 5
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value)
    -Block wakelocks
    -direct HBM
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -WireGuard support

Installation
    1. Flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Use High Brightness Mode app to control high brightness mode automatically. This will allow you to see the screen better in bright sunshine.

Downloads

Android 11
    ElementalX-P5-1.00

Source code:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX P5, Kernel for the Google Pixel 5

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Pixel-4/tree/ElementalX-P5-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2020-11-18
    Last Updated 2020-11-18
    It's incredible that still to this day only a tiny percentage of users have purchased my app. Missing out on so much over the years.

The latest update of EX Kernel Manager adds backup and restore of dtbo.img

I've also released kernel updates for the Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, and OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 7 Pro and Nord this month.

So, if you want to support active kernel development, think about paying a few bucks for my app.

There are two things to try:

Or:

This resolves the issues at boot time with mini dump driver and its dependencies