• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Search This thread

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
There are two things to try:

Or:

This resolves the issues at boot time with mini dump driver and its dependencies
I've already done that, I even built your kernel and it wouldn't boot either. The problem is with my build environment. I have to set up a virtual machine and start fresh.

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
@flar2 Appreciate the info.
v1.07 running fine on August.

Attachments

• 4b21b242-5daa-48f0-b7f9-245d6b3e7616.png
    4b21b242-5daa-48f0-b7f9-245d6b3e7616.png
    102 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: flar2

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
I'd like to try this kernel on my Pixel 5. Are you guys using any specific settings or governors, etc. to maximize battery life without impacting performance too much? Or just install the kernel and keep the default kernel settings ?

I want to try this kernel on my Pixel 5. Are you guys using any specific settings or governors, etc., to maximize battery life without impacting performance too much? Or install the kernel and keep the default kernel settings?
I run on performance mode on Scorpion ROM and have 1.5-day battery life with hefty usage. Runs very smoothly.

Reactions: andybones

SavakSYN

Dec 4, 2014
There doesn't seem to be iptables TTL & HopLimit increment/decrement/set support in 1.06 for Pixel 4a (5G), is this intentional?
I'd love to have CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_HL=y and NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_HL=y included to get rid of my tethering restrictions the automated way.
Looking for this as well. There's an individual who was able to modify the LineageOS kernel for Pixel 4a 5G to include the iptables library (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...e-iptables-ttl-tether-lineageos-18-1.4295601/), hoping to see that added to ElementalX soon. Thanks!

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
I tried flashing the EX kernel using the EX Kernel manager app but now my device is stuck on the google logo, it's not booting to system. I was previously on proton kernel. Anyway I can get the device to boot up? I was rooted also if that helps

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I tried flashing the EX kernel using the EX Kernel manager app but now my device is stuck on the google logo, it's not booting to system. I was previously on proton kernel. Anyway I can get the device to boot up? I was rooted also if that helps
By your post, I'm guessing you didn't flash back to stock kernel first? Try flashing stock to both slots, is my wild guess. @flar2 will med to confirm.

Reactions: BrainStormCEO

Top Liked Posts