[KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Vio281

May 14, 2020
yes, but when app download kernel to the phone ( i have alert ), install kernel don't run. App only download kernel file ( zip ). After extract - have not image file.
unzip the Gz file...I think thats it, dont quote me on it, flash at your own risk.

raginginferno

Apr 24, 2011
get his app
That wasn't what I meant... maybe I worded it wrong. I do have the app. It's great!

It was mentioned earlier that the January update didn't bring any kernel updates:

January didn't bring any kernel updates, so the older kernels still work.
How do you know that January update didn't have new kernel updates? I don't want to flash the monthly update and realize Elemental X kernel doesn't work. I would rather wait for the update.

elong7681

May 23, 2015
Aiken
That wasn't what I meant... maybe I worded it wrong. I do have the app. It's great!

It was mentioned earlier that the January update didn't bring any kernel updates:

How do you know that January update didn't have new kernel updates? I don't want to flash the monthly update and realize Elemental X kernel doesn't work. I would rather wait for the update.
@raginginferno I can confirm that the kernel works with the Jan. update

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011

A couple of the devss said that.

x56x

Jan 20, 2021
My only question is, how do you actually build from source? I have tried following multiple guides for using clang, and it just keeps spitting errors.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
My only question is, how do you actually build from source? I have tried following multiple guides for using clang, and it just keeps spitting errors.
Maybe this will help you:

dragos281993

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
@flar2
Imagine having to use your app just to flash your kernel.... get rooted, some get safetynet bullshit to work. Why do you think average joes would just seldomly jump through so many hoops just to use your kernel? I appreciate your work and all and I been there since Nexus 4 days but It's a bit ridiculous, why not meet your fanbase half way and make some script to bypass all this rooting bullshit? The guy's probably never gonna read this anyway nor does he care LOL.

Like I'm not the only one that feels this way, right?
Wait, what?
You can flash this kernel using a computer. But what are you talking about cause I honestly don't understand your point?

Reactions: andybones

Vio281

May 14, 2020
@flar2
Imagine having to use your app just to flash your kernel.... get rooted, some get safetynet bullshit to work. Why do you think average joes would just seldomly jump through so many hoops just to use your kernel? I appreciate your work and all and I been there since Nexus 4 days but It's a bit ridiculous, why not meet your fanbase half way and make some script to bypass all this rooting bullshit? The guy's probably never gonna read this anyway nor does he care LOL.

Like I'm not the only one that feels this way, right?

You can, if you are a little bit computer incline, but if you're not then this is a fool proof way without messing up your phone. Ultimately you can install the app, flash the Kernel and uninstall the app.

You are the only one who feels that...sorry, once again, crying about something so trivial as installing an app to fool proof a kernel installation is just sad. There are many who installed other kernel that clearly says Boot only and people still flash boot and thereby messing up their phone.

Reactions: andybones