[KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Search This thread

armaki

Jan 8, 2008
@flar2 Thanks for the update. I was waiting for Sweep2sleep which works fine! Great work.

Last edited:

rav101

Does google pay work when unlocked (not rooted)?

Unlock bootloader yes. You don't have to root this kernel if you don't want to though.

The EXKM installed and the kernel downloads but doesnt install.. do i have to root long enough to install the kernel then unroot?

To be fair, yes you do need to be rooted to install via EXKM. If you didn't want to maintain root you could uninstall it after.

I'm not sure if safety net would pass without root as I've not tried it but I was able to get Google pay working with ElementalX kernel with magisk installed anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using XDA Labs

imaverik

May 17, 2010
To be fair, yes you do need to be rooted to install via EXKM. If you didn't want to maintain root you could uninstall it after.

I'm not sure if safety net would pass without root as I've not tried it but I was able to get Google pay working with ElementalX kernel with magisk installed anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using XDA Labs

It's working now. i dont use google pay so all is well.

hanni2301

Nov 4, 2014
safetynet pass

But you did the "set your P5 as an P3a with basic Authorization" trick as well? Or is there any other way?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel 5
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value)
    -Block wakelocks
    -direct HBM
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -WireGuard support

Installation
    1. Flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Use High Brightness Mode app to control high brightness mode automatically. This will allow you to see the screen better in bright sunshine.

Downloads

Android 11
    ElementalX-P5-1.00

Source code:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX P5, Kernel for the Google Pixel 5

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Pixel-4/tree/ElementalX-P5-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2020-11-18
    Last Updated 2020-11-18
    I am very disappointed with the developer's behavior, I think it is unfair to those who support him by buying the app not to receive information about updates. Why should the kernel be available for beta versions of A12 and not the final version which has been out for a good month?
    Yeah, I hear about how terrible I am at least once a day. It really motivates me (y)

Sorry, but I've already spent several entire days trying to fix this kernel. It won't boot and I don't know why. When I get it to boot, I'll release it. Until then, I can't just spend all my time working on this specific kernel at the expense of all my other projects and responsibilities.
    It's incredible that still to this day only a tiny percentage of users have purchased my app. Missing out on so much over the years.
    The latest update of EX Kernel Manager adds backup and restore of dtbo.img

I've also released kernel updates for the Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, and OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 7 Pro and Nord this month.

So, if you want to support active kernel development, think about paying a few bucks for my app.
    Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

And yes, I will get to the new kernel builds soon