[KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Search This thread

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
@flar2 Does this kernel support Acc's charging voltage and current limiting? If not, is it possible for you to please add it?
IIRC it does work you just have to select the right switch, also once you've installed the ACCA apk change the version installed to v2020.10.28 in settings.

I have it running and working as it should but I am on protonAOSP and proton kernel, I believe there is a couple users using it on elemental that I discussed it with before finding a way of getting it to work on my phone.

Just realised you said you were only interested in charge and voltage control, just to confirm I have mine set at 1000ma and also 4200mv and it floats just below these numbers no matter what charger I use (y)

Drymarchon

Mar 15, 2018
Google Pixel 5
IIRC it does work you just have to select the right switch, also once you've installed the ACCA apk change the version installed to v2020.10.28 in settings.

I have it running and working as it should but I am on protonAOSP and proton kernel, I believe there is a couple users using it on elemental that I discussed it with before finding a way of getting it to work on my phone.

Just realised you said you were only interested in charge and voltage control, just to confirm I have mine set at 1000ma and also 4200mv and it floats just below these numbers no matter what charger I use (y)
What percentage is you battery at? if it isn't 80%+ it probably won't go above 4200mv from what i understand. When I tried it previously with elemental, it would go up to 4300mv when i had it set at 4100mv, and with it set to 1000ma, it would go to 2500ma. I might try out protonASOP and proton kernel if thats working for you.

Reactions: mindyabiznis

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
What percentage is you battery at? if it isn't 80%+ it probably won't go above 4200mv from what i understand. When I tried it previously with elemental, it would go up to 4300mv when i had it set at 4100mv, and with it set to 1000ma, it would go to 2500ma. I might try out protonASOP and proton kernel if thats working for you.
That to me sounds like it wasn't setup correctly and therefore not working, it is very difficult to get it right it took me about 10 day/night charges to get it even functioning on my device.

If you're happy coming to proton I recommend it, performance is insane, not as customisable as say lineageOS but the battery life and performance more than makes up for it, waaay better than stock.

Try setting the v2020.10.28 in the app settings and then enable the magisk module, some people have said that they had to disable the magisk module and just run the app to get it to work, for me it wouldn't work at all without the magisk module.

EDIT: failing all that, or even if it's more convenient for you and you have the cash you could buy a chargie

digger16309

Has anybody else noticed when using 1.07 with the June update that location is always on?? Doesn't seem to matter what app you close off its always on. Flash the stock June kernel again and problem solved
I haven't seen that. I just tested it and Location stayed off for all apps and wouldn't register one at all until I manually turned it back on. Confirm 1.07 with June update. AT&T - USA.

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
I haven't seen that. I just tested it and Location stayed off for all apps and wouldn't register one at all until I manually turned it back on. Confirm 1.07 with June update. AT&T - USA.
Lol okay bud. It doesn't happen within a few minutes. I've tried everything you've tried and it's not until after around a day or two where location just stays on. Like I can shut location off on settings and it'll still have the icon up there

yoye_cros

Jun 12, 2014
Google Pixel 5
Really?No app fc' or anything? Because I thought that version for the 1st preview since the kernel stock kernel has been updated a few time since. Btw i do hope flar releases an updated kernel tho 😁
In the first launch I had a message at boot that Chrome has FC, but it's working well, and nothing more, all is working for me!
I was previously with a magisk patched boot.img, flashing directly from the exk app worked. Disabled vbmeta protection is required.

Reactions: Jiggs82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel 5
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value)
    -Block wakelocks
    -direct HBM
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -WireGuard support

Installation
    1. Flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Use High Brightness Mode app to control high brightness mode automatically. This will allow you to see the screen better in bright sunshine.

Downloads

Android 11
    ElementalX-P5-1.00

Source code:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX P5, Kernel for the Google Pixel 5

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Pixel-4/tree/ElementalX-P5-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2020-11-18
    Last Updated 2020-11-18
    I am very disappointed with the developer's behavior, I think it is unfair to those who support him by buying the app not to receive information about updates. Why should the kernel be available for beta versions of A12 and not the final version which has been out for a good month?
    Yeah, I hear about how terrible I am at least once a day. It really motivates me (y)

Sorry, but I've already spent several entire days trying to fix this kernel. It won't boot and I don't know why. When I get it to boot, I'll release it. Until then, I can't just spend all my time working on this specific kernel at the expense of all my other projects and responsibilities.
    It's incredible that still to this day only a tiny percentage of users have purchased my app. Missing out on so much over the years.
    The latest update of EX Kernel Manager adds backup and restore of dtbo.img

I've also released kernel updates for the Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, and OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 7 Pro and Nord this month.

So, if you want to support active kernel development, think about paying a few bucks for my app.
    Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

And yes, I will get to the new kernel builds soon