[KERNEL] [Nov 17] Pixel 5 ElementalX

Search This thread

digger16309

I just updated this morning to magisk 24.1 I'm on A12 using clean slate kernel and everything is the same as it was on the previous version
Your answer doesn't relate to my question. This is the EX Kernel Forum. The kernel is ONLY for Android 11. And you answered about a different kernel and Android 12.

Pixel 5
EX Kernel
Android 11
Magisk 24

Anyone running that config and confirm all OK?

elong7681

Your answer doesn't relate to my question. This is the EX Kernel Forum. The kernel is ONLY for Android 11. And you answered about a different kernel and Android 12.

Pixel 5
EX Kernel
Android 11
Magisk 24

Anyone running that config and confirm all OK?
I don't think that the Magisk version is going to matter which Kernel you have and you can just boot the magiskpatched.img to see if it works and if not no worries because a quick reboot and the magiskpatched.img is gone and you'll be back to where you were before you booted it

Reactions: Homeboy76

digger16309

I'm running EX Kernel 5.83 on my Pixel 6 with Android 12 and Magisk 24101 and everything works just fine!
Version 5.83 is the EX Kernel APP not the Kernel. I'm not sure what you are actually running as I don't see EX Kernel for Pixel 6 in the Pixel 6 forums and there isn't an Android 12 version of it for the Pixel 5.

Reactions: JimSmith94

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Smart Watches
Android Wear
Version 5.83 is the EX Kernel APP not the Kernel. I'm not sure what you are actually running as I don't see EX Kernel for Pixel 6 in the Pixel 6 forums and there isn't an Android 12 version of it for the Pixel 5.
Oops, my bad, you're right. I'm running EX Kernel Manager 5.83. My kernel is the stock 5.10.43-android12... At least the Manager seems to work with the stock kernel.

Reactions: digger16309

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
Are there settings in EX Kernel Manager for Pixel 5 that users here have implemented/changed/tweaks, for batter battery optimization?

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
When I enable 'Double Tap to Wake' under Gestures, my Pixel 5 does not deep sleep.

Anyone facing the same issue?

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
When I enable 'Double Tap to Wake' under Gestures, my Pixel 5 does not deep sleep.

Anyone facing the same issue?
Unfortunately, that's the way it is with this device. Everything still sleeps except the touch sensor. Battery drain is marginally worse, so you'll have to decide if the convenience is worth it.

blaukraut

May 17, 2011
I don't have the possiblity of installing EX Kernel Manager. How to install this kernel manually? Is there no .img file?

blaukraut

May 17, 2011
Alright, thank you for clarification. I've just read that it wouldn't work with A12 either way. Is there a recommendable kernel (optimized for performance and battery life) for Pixel5 with A12?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel 5
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value)
    -Block wakelocks
    -direct HBM
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -WireGuard support

Installation
    1. Flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Use High Brightness Mode app to control high brightness mode automatically. This will allow you to see the screen better in bright sunshine.

Downloads

Android 11
    ElementalX-P5-1.00

Source code:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX P5, Kernel for the Google Pixel 5

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Pixel-4/tree/ElementalX-P5-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2020-11-18
    Last Updated 2020-11-18
    I am very disappointed with the developer's behavior, I think it is unfair to those who support him by buying the app not to receive information about updates. Why should the kernel be available for beta versions of A12 and not the final version which has been out for a good month?
    Yeah, I hear about how terrible I am at least once a day. It really motivates me (y)

Sorry, but I've already spent several entire days trying to fix this kernel. It won't boot and I don't know why. When I get it to boot, I'll release it. Until then, I can't just spend all my time working on this specific kernel at the expense of all my other projects and responsibilities.
    It's incredible that still to this day only a tiny percentage of users have purchased my app. Missing out on so much over the years.
    The latest update of EX Kernel Manager adds backup and restore of dtbo.img

I've also released kernel updates for the Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, and OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 7 Pro and Nord this month.

So, if you want to support active kernel development, think about paying a few bucks for my app.
    Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

And yes, I will get to the new kernel builds soon