Feb 20, 2014
Angri (SA)
YN8HADz.jpg

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

INTRODUCTION
Psychedelic Kernel is a kernel based on DragonXia sources. Initially developed by @WhyOrean, was forked from @pappschlumpf, who has done a great job. The main goal it's to keep this kernel up to date. We all know the MIUI's stock kernel it's not good: the battery drains a bit faster and the phone gets easily hot. This kernel has a better CPU management, with a lot of features, a lot of governors and optimizations. I would say a big thanks to @WhyOrean: he permitted to me to share this kernel; and another big thanks to @pappschlumpf: he helped me a lot!
FEATURES
- Available for MI 5, MI 5s, MI 5s Plus, MI Mix and MI Note 2
- O3, CFLAGS AND GRAPHITE Optimizations
- Built with UBERTC 5.3
+ Governors: Impulse, Despair, Zzmove, Cultivation, Chill, Cafactive, Darkness, Relaxed, Blu_active, ElementalX, Interactive, Conservative, Ondemand, Powersave, Lionheart, Bioshock and Performance.
+ I/O Schedulers: Noop, Deadline, Cfq, Fiops, Bfq, Zen, Sio, Sioplus, Tripndroid and Maple.
- Hotplug and Lazyplug
- Touch Boost
- Thermal Tweaks
- CPU overclock[QRCODE][/QRCODE] up to 2.42 Ghz
- GPU overclock up to 681 Mhz
- Adreno Idler
- Kcal Controls
- Backlight Dimmer
- Higher backlight value
- Enable/Disable CRC
- Fsync and Dynamnic Fsync
- Gentle Fair Sleepers
- Arch Power saving
+ Suspend Mode: Autosleep, User Space, LCD Panel and Hybrid.
+ TCP Congestion Algorithms: Westwood, Reno, Bic, Highspeed, Hybla, HTCP, Vegas, Scalable, Lp, Yeah and Illinois.
+ Wakelocks: sensor_ind, msm_hsic_host, wlan_rx, wlan_ctrl, wlan, ipa, qcom rx.
- A lot of other optimizations: refer to source codes.
REQUIREMENTS
MI 5, MI 5s, MI 5s Plus, MI Mix or MI Note 2
MIUI 9 Nougat / LOS 14.1 / AOSP 7.1
DOWNLOAD
Psychedelic Kernel v0.7 [MIUI/LOS]
INSTALLATION
For maximum compatibility, this kernel keeps your existing ramdisk!
First time install:
Reboot to TWRP recovery
Flash the kernel zip
Flash Magisk (optional)
Wipe cache and dalvik (optional)
Reboot
Update the kernel:
Reboot to TWRP recovery
Flash the kernel zip
Reboot
Coming from another kernel:
Dirty flash your ROM or flash the boot.img only
Flash the kernel zip
Flash Magisk (optional)
Reboot
CREDITS
@WhyOrean
@pappschlumpf
@Psy_Man

For the other contributors refer to GitHub:
SOURCE CODE

Last edited:

Naxxÿ

Feb 13, 2015
Hello, im tempted to try it. I'm on a Mi Note 2 running Miui 9 Xiaomi.EU version (7.9.21) should work right?

Naxxÿ

Feb 13, 2015
Flashed on current MiUI 9 Xiaomi.EU version on a Mi Note 2...everything is working fine. System seems snappy and i think battery life got even better. I tried running a few benchmarks Geekbench crashes at the end and can't manage to get Antutu over 105000. Before this Kernel score was floating between 120000/135000. Is there some energy saver setting that might be the culprit?

pepsimaxmjs

Jul 12, 2008
Stuck on boot after flashing

Tried this a few times on 7.9.22 (Global beta), couldn't get past the boot screen (i.e. before Android logo). Had to do TWRP restore each time as ROM over-write would not restore.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, did follow the instructions. Using Magisk 14.0 and Viper loaded by .zip files in TWRP. :crying:

alexmanu1

Feb 9, 2016
Constanta
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I am using this on the latest mi-globe rom 7.9.21 with Dolby and root . Installed right away , no problems at all , just some lag when you first enter the OS after a restart , that's all. Woks perfect with Cultivation governor and zen IO/Scheduler . Battery life is great , getting around 2 days of medium usage and a little bit of gaming. I wake up at ~8 am fully charged and i'm going to sleep ~ 11 pm with 50-55% left. Performance is great , games are running fine. No overheating issues , the phone is getting a little bit warm when you are gaming , that's all , not getting too hot. I don't know if it's my mobile network around here who is having the problem , but when i open the phone , from deepsleep , sometimes the network is getting around 1 bar of signal , then it switches to a better network reception. It gets sometimes annoying because i get called and the call drops after some time because the network reception changes or it stays on the line till i get again signal...

Great kernel and i hope to get more features in the feature. Thank you @Psy_Man for this great masterpiece :d .

Psy_Man

Feb 20, 2014
Angri (SA)
Tried this a few times on 7.9.22 (Global beta), couldn't get past the boot screen (i.e. before Android logo). Had to do TWRP restore each time as ROM over-write would not restore.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, did follow the instructions. Using Magisk 14.0 and Viper loaded by .zip files in TWRP. :crying:

Use magisk 13.3 instead of 14

Psy_Man

Feb 20, 2014
Angri (SA)
I am using this on the latest mi-globe rom 7.9.21 with Dolby and root . Installed right away , no problems at all , just some lag when you first enter the OS after a restart , that's all. Woks perfect with Cultivation governor and zen IO/Scheduler . Battery life is great , getting around 2 days of medium usage and a little bit of gaming. I wake up at ~8 am fully charged and i'm going to sleep ~ 11 pm with 50-55% left. Performance is great , games are running fine. No overheating issues , the phone is getting a little bit warm when you are gaming , that's all , not getting too hot. I don't know if it's my mobile network around here who is having the problem , but when i open the phone , from deepsleep , sometimes the network is getting around 1 bar of signal , then it switches to a better network reception. It gets sometimes annoying because i get called and the call drops after some time because the network reception changes or it stays on the line till i get again signal...

Great kernel and i hope to get more features in the feature. Thank you @Psy_Man for this great masterpiece :d .

I have no signal issue and no issues at all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YN8HADz.jpg

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

INTRODUCTION
    Psychedelic Kernel is a kernel based on DragonXia sources. Initially developed by @WhyOrean, was forked from @pappschlumpf, who has done a great job. The main goal it's to keep this kernel up to date. We all know the MIUI's stock kernel it's not good: the battery drains a bit faster and the phone gets easily hot. This kernel has a better CPU management, with a lot of features, a lot of governors and optimizations. I would say a big thanks to @WhyOrean: he permitted to me to share this kernel; and another big thanks to @pappschlumpf: he helped me a lot!
    FEATURES
    - Available for MI 5, MI 5s, MI 5s Plus, MI Mix and MI Note 2
    - O3, CFLAGS AND GRAPHITE Optimizations
    - Built with UBERTC 5.3
    + Governors: Impulse, Despair, Zzmove, Cultivation, Chill, Cafactive, Darkness, Relaxed, Blu_active, ElementalX, Interactive, Conservative, Ondemand, Powersave, Lionheart, Bioshock and Performance.
    + I/O Schedulers: Noop, Deadline, Cfq, Fiops, Bfq, Zen, Sio, Sioplus, Tripndroid and Maple.
    - Hotplug and Lazyplug
    - Touch Boost
    - Thermal Tweaks
    - CPU overclock[QRCODE][/QRCODE] up to 2.42 Ghz
    - GPU overclock up to 681 Mhz
    - Adreno Idler
    - Kcal Controls
    - Backlight Dimmer
    - Higher backlight value
    - Enable/Disable CRC
    - Fsync and Dynamnic Fsync
    - Gentle Fair Sleepers
    - Arch Power saving
    + Suspend Mode: Autosleep, User Space, LCD Panel and Hybrid.
    + TCP Congestion Algorithms: Westwood, Reno, Bic, Highspeed, Hybla, HTCP, Vegas, Scalable, Lp, Yeah and Illinois.
    + Wakelocks: sensor_ind, msm_hsic_host, wlan_rx, wlan_ctrl, wlan, ipa, qcom rx.
    - A lot of other optimizations: refer to source codes.
    REQUIREMENTS
    MI 5, MI 5s, MI 5s Plus, MI Mix or MI Note 2
    MIUI 9 Nougat / LOS 14.1 / AOSP 7.1
    DOWNLOAD
    Psychedelic Kernel v0.7 [MIUI/LOS]
    INSTALLATION
    For maximum compatibility, this kernel keeps your existing ramdisk!
    First time install:
    Reboot to TWRP recovery
    Flash the kernel zip
    Flash Magisk (optional)
    Reboot
    Update the kernel:
    Reboot to TWRP recovery
    Flash the kernel zip
    Reboot
    Coming from another kernel:
    Dirty flash your ROM or flash the boot.img only
    Flash the kernel zip
    Flash Magisk (optional)
    Reboot
    CREDITS
    @WhyOrean
    @pappschlumpf
    @Psy_Man

For the other contributors refer to GitHub:
    SOURCE CODE
    Changelog v0.7:
    - Fix green artifacts in camera preview
    - Fix WiFI not working in MIUI ROMs

Psychedelic Kernel v0.7 - MIUI
    Psychedelic Kernel v0.7 - LOS/AOSP
    Changelog v0.6:
    - Updated QCALD 2.0 WiFi driver
    - Updated Kernel to LA.UM.5.5.r1-06400-8x96.0
    - firmware: Update fte8716
    - firmware: Update synaptic
    - Merged latest Lineage's changes
    - Kernel made fully standalone: just start the script to build, nothing else.

Psychedelic Kernel v0.6 - MIUI
    Psychedelic Kernel v0.6 - LOS/AOSP
    Changelog v0.5:
    - Updated QCALD 2.0 WiFi driver
    - Updated GPU driver
    - Updated F2FS filesystem
    - Merged latest Lineage's changes

Psychedelic Kernel v0.5 - MIUI
    Psychedelic Kernel v0.5 - LOS/AOSP
    Changelog v0.4:
    - Fixed recorded videos not playing (MIUI)
    - Initial release for LOS/AOSP

Psychedelic Kernel v0.4 - MIUI
    Psychedelic Kernel v0.4 - LOS/AOSP