[KERNEL] [OC/UV Support]Lastest stock Kernel with fast charge, 2WCR, and Ponury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dodava

Jul 28, 2007
Virginia
I have removed this kernel and will no longer be distributing my kernel on XDA or participating at XDA. I received a request regarding the GPL which I could have easy complied with; however, it really irked me because making the request itself was very hypocritical.

XDA as a site is extremely hypocritical. They enforce the GPL against kernels but I have never seen them raise an issue regarding all the ROMs here which include gpl software but don't provide source. An example would be busybox. I have yet to see a developer distribute the code for it although almost very ROM on this site includes it. Also there are certain developers which don't provide source for their work as required by the gpl and action is never taken against them but it is against others.

Any enforcement of copyleft or copyright by XDA is really hypocritical because very ROM on this site violates copyright. Even the AOSP ROMs contain proprietary copyrighted software which the developers don't have a license to distribute. Any ROM based upon HTC Sense, Samsung Touchwiz, or any other vendor environment is violating copyright because these companies have not granted a license to distribute their software.

Are you using a ROM with Beats on your Evo 3d? If so the developer distributing it is violating HTC's license and you are to because HTC hasn't granted you a license to use it.

I'm not saying these things should be enforced and XDA should ban all ROMs, but what they shouldn't do is pretend they are protecting free software or policing against pirated copyrighted software. XDA is built upon violating free software and violating copyright. They have chosen to selectively enforce copyleft and copyright to suit their needs. Anytime selective enforcement is allowed it will lead to abuse of the privilege to selective enforce. This is exactly what is happening at XDA.

XDA needs to either to fully enforce copyleft and copyright or to not enforce. The current situation is extermely hypocritical and in the end leaves XDA just as exposed to legal action as not enforcing copyleft and copyright.

I appreciate all the thanks I have received from users and regret that I cannot continue to provide you kernels here at XDA.

Last edited:

dodava

Jul 28, 2007
Virginia
Thanks! Do you plan on adding oc and undervolting?

I don't plan on adding either. The performance and battery life for the latest kernel are acceptable to me. My goal for this kernel is stability over performance. The reason I created this kernel is that the existing kernels which provided these features also tried to squeeze out as much performance as possible and in doing so caused stability issues for many people. I wanted the features but with the stability of the stock kernel.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

luis4ever

Apr 16, 2009
Salamanca
I don't plan on adding either. The performance and battery life for the latest kernel are acceptable to me. My goal for this kernel is stability over performance. The reason I created this kernel is that the existing kernels which provided these features also tried to squeeze out as much performance as possible and in doing so caused stability issues for many people. I wanted the features but with the stability of the stock kernel.

Yes, the performance is acceptable only. No more than that. This is your kernel and you decide what you do but as you know this isn't the default speed of the CPU. Many many people will have issues with this kernel OC'ed, UV'ed or not. Generally people having problems are not caused by OV the phone, its simply because their phones don't like other kernel than the stock one. Many people have problems, many people not. Just my opinion. Keep going.

Ps: My phone can handle 2 ghz perfectly all day without issues while others have random reboots even @1.2 ghz.

Last edited:

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton

Fair enough. Even without adding those, its nice to have another kernel dev around here. Thanks again.

Sienpraba

Jun 2, 2008
Yogyakarta
Now there is no excuse for me to return to the stock kernel, your kernel plus MR 392, ponury and beats running perfectly. Thank you very much

Last edited:

dodava

Jul 28, 2007
Virginia
Fair enough. Even without adding those, its nice to have another kernel dev around here. Thanks again.

I have been talked into adding undervolting and overclocking. The default will always remain the same as stock and my stance is going to be I don't guarantee proper operation if you do either.

Not sure when I will add support. Work is keeping me pretty busy right now. Hopefully I can squeeze in some time this weekend.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: doeboy711
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have removed this kernel and will no longer be distributing my kernel on XDA or participating at XDA. I received a request regarding the GPL which I could have easy complied with; however, it really irked me because making the request itself was very hypocritical.

XDA as a site is extremely hypocritical. They enforce the GPL against kernels but I have never seen them raise an issue regarding all the ROMs here which include gpl software but don't provide source. An example would be busybox. I have yet to see a developer distribute the code for it although almost very ROM on this site includes it. Also there are certain developers which don't provide source for their work as required by the gpl and action is never taken against them but it is against others.

Any enforcement of copyleft or copyright by XDA is really hypocritical because very ROM on this site violates copyright. Even the AOSP ROMs contain proprietary copyrighted software which the developers don't have a license to distribute. Any ROM based upon HTC Sense, Samsung Touchwiz, or any other vendor environment is violating copyright because these companies have not granted a license to distribute their software.

Are you using a ROM with Beats on your Evo 3d? If so the developer distributing it is violating HTC's license and you are to because HTC hasn't granted you a license to use it.

I'm not saying these things should be enforced and XDA should ban all ROMs, but what they shouldn't do is pretend they are protecting free software or policing against pirated copyrighted software. XDA is built upon violating free software and violating copyright. They have chosen to selectively enforce copyleft and copyright to suit their needs. Anytime selective enforcement is allowed it will lead to abuse of the privilege to selective enforce. This is exactly what is happening at XDA.

XDA needs to either to fully enforce copyleft and copyright or to not enforce. The current situation is extermely hypocritical and in the end leaves XDA just as exposed to legal action as not enforcing copyleft and copyright.

I appreciate all the thanks I have received from users and regret that I cannot continue to provide you kernels here at XDA.

I'm going to add the following to the OP but wanted to post it here so the people that have contacted me regarding donations see it.

I have been contacted by several people who have wished to give donations. While I appreciate the thought I am not seeking nor accepting donations. Your expressions of gratitude are more than enough. I do this because I find it enjoyable and would be doing it if no one but myself was using this kernel. That being said a couple of people have been insistent about wanting to donate. If you really want to show appreciation beyond just a thanks, I encourage you to donate to the March of Dimes NICU family support program, https://www.marchofdimes.com/giving/support_nicu.html. 5 years ago my daughter was born prematurely, today she is a healthy and happy 5 year old, and the NICU family support program was a great help to my family and continues to be a great source of support to thousands families each year whose babies end up in neonatal intensive care units across the country. Using the link I provided your donation will be specifically earmarked for the NICU family support program. Donations are tax deductible.

pstevepOn, a side note, I would like to thank you personally for standing up against Hacre on the GPL thread last night. He's come into the 3d forum (somewhere he has no business to start with)several times now insulting everyone in his path. While there were other mods in that discussion who didn't say a word about the crap he was throwing out, you did, and that's the way it should be. Props to you.
    The newest release is missing these files? Or are both 5.2 and 5.3 missing........

they are missing lines, only affect on-demand governor

i think they been missing since he went to the 2-phase governor that comes on the htc rezound

im actually surprised it compiled with those missing w/-o2

but in his makefile, he disables a lot of error/warning notifications

..just wanna help him out, he is new at this and it seems like he really wants to learn

dodava - get rid of ur KBUILD_CPPFLAGS flags that start w/ Wno - then compile w/ -o2 - if u need help fixing the errors, or warnings you get- PM me
    (my full anthrax kernels compile -o3 w/ no errors or warnings -i hate errors/warnings during a build - and to the haters.. YES showp's source helped me achieve this on toolchain 4.6.x, but on 4.4.x i figured it all out on my own)

why3.png