[KERNEL] [Oct 1] ElementalX G5 Plus 3.00 (Oreo)

Search This thread

Venomous Viper 119

Oct 21, 2012
Bidadi
www.themythace.com
Hello guys, I've purchased a Moto G5 Plus and my microphone stopped working after 3 days. Alternatively it's working and not working. As of now, it isn't working. I'm on the latest stock ROM and haven't rooted this device. I want to know if rooting and flashing a custom ROM will fix this issue. I've read online that all the Moto G5 Plus units have this issue. I've applied for a replacement but they haven't picked up the device yet. I'm afraid if the new unit also has this microphone issue as I've read online. What do you guys recommend me to do? I'm a big fan of flar2 and I've come from the Nexus 5 to here where I always used elemental x. Please clarify this doubt as no one is answering me elsewhere. Thank you in advance.

Mayanknagpal.nm

Mar 23, 2014
Abohar, Punjab
Hello guys, I've purchased a Moto G5 Plus and my microphone stopped working after 3 days. Alternatively it's working and not working. As of now, it isn't working. I'm on the latest stock ROM and haven't rooted this device. I want to know if rooting and flashing a custom ROM will fix this issue. I've read online that all the Moto G5 Plus units have this issue. I've applied for a replacement but they haven't picked up the device yet. I'm afraid if the new unit also has this microphone issue as I've read online. What do you guys recommend me to do? I'm a big fan of flar2 and I've come from the Nexus 5 to here where I always used elemental x. Please clarify this doubt as no one is answering me elsewhere. Thank you in advance.

This problem isn't present on every phone i guess.. I myself have never faced this issue or heard of it ?

Reactions: Venomous Viper 119

Venomous Viper 119

Oct 21, 2012
Bidadi
www.themythace.com
This problem isn't present on every phone i guess.. I myself have never faced this issue or heard of it ?

I read online that there was a noise issue in video recording and also issue with the microphone not working, which was fixed with an update to the build number NPN25. 137-67. But weirdly enough, my device seems to have that issue even though I have the latest firmware installed. I read on quora that this issue exists on all the units and that it's an issue caused by a bug in a system app that handles noise cancellation. Even though they say that the issue was fixed in the above mentioned build number, it still exists in my phone which runs the same firmware. So I'm confused if this is a software problem or a hardware problem. Whenever I go onto record voice, it just records the static noise. But when I speak by literally kissing the microphone, it manages to record my muffled voice. What do you guys suggest? Get a replacement or you diagnose it as a software problem?

Mayanknagpal.nm

Mar 23, 2014
Abohar, Punjab
I read online that there was a noise issue in video recording and also issue with the microphone not working, which was fixed with an update to the build number NPN25. 137-67. But weirdly enough, my device seems to have that issue even though I have the latest firmware installed. I read on quora that this issue exists on all the units and that it's an issue caused by a bug in a system app that handles noise cancellation. Even though they say that the issue was fixed in the above mentioned build number, it still exists in my phone which runs the same firmware. So I'm confused if this is a software problem or a hardware problem. Whenever I go onto record voice, it just records the static noise. But when I speak by literally kissing the microphone, it manages to record my muffled voice. What do you guys suggest? Get a replacement or you diagnose it as a software problem?
Yes this noise issue is present in this phone.. A mod is present for our phone.. U can use it, it helps a lot in reducing noise.. and do PM me if u have any problem as we are spamming a thread

tandon.ayush

Jan 22, 2011
ghaziabad
Flashing the kernel breaks the touchscreen gestures for some reason.
LOS obviously.
Can anyone else confirm if its working?

Sent from my XT1686 using Tapatalk

shawnchalfant

Aug 6, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
The only issue I currently encounter using this kernel is voice navigation in Google Maps. Voice seems to cut off or overlap words while giving directions. I'm using RR and Optimus R3 at this point. Have yet to hear anyone else mention this, but I can recreate this with a clean flash of rom, kernel and SuperSU. Happens every time. Maybe someone else can chime in. Thanks. This occurs over hands free Bluetooth.

Last edited:

zeft64

Mar 26, 2012
Hey @flar2 a while ago you made a post about how wake gestures don't drain the batter to much on your website but I can't find it. Mind sharing the link? Trying to help another developer out

xecuter2

Jan 13, 2010
I love this kernel but quick charging doesn't seem to work with it. Is there something I'm missing or just not supported yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Moto G5 Plus
    p2214177205-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability.
    It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features
    • Easy installation and setup with Aroma installer
    • Fingerprint sensor as home button
    • Vibration control
    • Adjsut vibration for Moto one button nav
    • Sound control (headphone gain)
    • Sweep2wake, Doubletap2wake and Sweep2sleep
    • Overclock or underclock CPU
    • Advanced color control (RGB, Contrast, Saturation, Value, Hue)
    • Backlight dimmer option
    • Adrenoboost option
    • NTFS r/w support
    • Option to disable fsync
    • Performance and power optimizations
    • FIOPS i/o scheduler
    • WireGuard support
    • Does not modify system partition
    • Does not overwrite modules

Installation

1. Flash in TWRP recovery

For maximum compatibility with all ROMs, ElementalX uses your existing ramdisk and does not modify your system partition.

Notes

This is for Moto G5 Plus only.

Flashing this does not modify your system partition, only the boot.img. Back up your stock boot.img in recovery or with an app and you can easily restore it if you want to return to stock or install OTAs.

EX Kernel Manager
    can be used to customize settings and update the kernel.

You can also use my free app Button Mapper to customize the actions of the fingerprint sensor.

Google+ Community

Downloads

Stock Android 8.1.0
    ElementalX-G5-3.00

Stock Android 7.0
    ElementalX-G5-2.03

Stock Android 7.0 (earlier builds - use if camera doesn't work)
    ElementalX-G5-1.02

LineageOS and custom ROMs Android 7.1.2
    ElementalX-G5-1.16-los

Source code
    https://github.com/flar2/kernel-msm/tree/ElementalX-G5-1.00

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-G5Plus, Kernel for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/kernel-msm/tree/ElementalX-G5-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information