flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
ElementalX Kernel
for Pixel XL (marlin)
p2214177205-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

This is a kernel for the 5.5" Google Pixel XL. For the 5" Pixel, please go here: http://xdaforums.com/pixel/development/kernel-elementalx-p-0-04-t3490086

Features:
-Easy installation with AROMA installer
-High Brightness Mode
-Overclock or underclock CPU
-Digital and analog headphone gain control
-Speaker and earpiece gain control
-Advanced color control
-Wake gestures (S2W & DT2W)
-Sweep2sleep
-Backlight dimmer
-Adjust or disable vibration
-CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, BFQ, and zen i/o schedulers
-NTFS r/w support
-WireGuard support
-Option to disable fsync

Installation
1. Flash EX Kernel Manager

Notes

EX Kernel Manager can be used to configure settings and backup, update or install the kernel quickly and easily.

High Brightness Mode Widget can be used to quickly toggle extra brightness for direct sunlight.

Downloads

Android 10
ElementalX-P-5.06

Android 9 (Pie)
ElementalX-P-4.16

Android 8.1.0 (Oreo)
ElementalX-P-3.09

Android 8.0.0 (Oreo)
ElementalX-P-2.03

Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
ElementalX-P-1.15

Android 7.1.1:
ElementalX-P-1.08

Android 7.1:
ElementalX-P-1.00

Source code:
https://github.com/flar2/marlin

XDA:DevDB Information
ElementalX-PXL, Kernel for the Google Pixel XL

Contributors
flar2
Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/marlin

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Stable

Created 2016-10-24
Last Updated 2019-10-07

Last edited:

elreydenj

Aug 12, 2012
@flar2 does this have the fix to bypass bootloader unlock check like some kernels for the Nexus and Sharkey here for the Pixel in order to pass safety net?

Reactions: anuraj1

okgnew

Mar 9, 2009
enable insecure adbd and disable dm-verity

@flar2 Since we don't have root and TWRP, can you enable insecure adbd and disable dm-verity, please?
I want to mess with system partition via adb...

vivanshah

Dec 21, 2009
wonderful! flashed to boot_a (according to boot slot displayed in bootloader). DT2W working perfectly, thanks!

mrgwap03

Jan 4, 2016
Nice to see you here. Htc one m7. Nexus 6 and now the pixel. Thanks for your work here on xda

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I hate to spam your thread but AWESOME. Love your work on the Grouper and Flo, stoked to see you working on the Pixel XL. And I do miss tap to wake for sure. Makes me wish the fingerprint sensor was on the front of the device.

Goronok

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
Thanks for all of your work flar - really appreciate it!!
@flar2 Do you think high brightness mode will work with the pixels? I used that constantly with my 6p :)

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
I hate to spam your thread but AWESOME. Love your work on the Grouper and Flo, stoked to see you working on the Pixel XL. And I do miss tap to wake for sure. Makes me wish the fingerprint sensor was on the front of the device.

That's why I developed sweep2wake right off the bat.

Thanks for all of your work flar - really appreciate it!!

@flar2 Do you think high brightness mode will work with the pixels? I used that constantly with my 6p :)

Yes, it should work and I will add it soon.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Nice to see you here flar2 :)

But i like dt2w more then swipe up
GJ

The sweep gestures (especially sweep up) are far superior to double tap. Double tap interferes with phone calls, sweep doesn't. Double tap cause accidental wakes, sweep up rarely ever does (we won't have pocket detection without a userspace comment on this device). Double tap can be unreliable, sweep up works every single time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel XL (marlin)
    p2214177205-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

This is a kernel for the 5.5" Google Pixel XL. For the 5" Pixel, please go here: http://xdaforums.com/pixel/development/kernel-elementalx-p-0-04-t3490086

Features:
    -Easy installation with AROMA installer
    -High Brightness Mode
    -Overclock or underclock CPU
    -Digital and analog headphone gain control
    -Speaker and earpiece gain control
    -Advanced color control
    -Wake gestures (S2W & DT2W)
    -Sweep2sleep
    -Backlight dimmer
    -Adjust or disable vibration
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, BFQ, and zen i/o schedulers
    -NTFS r/w support
    -WireGuard support
    -Option to disable fsync

Installation
    1. Flash EX Kernel Manager

Notes

EX Kernel Manager can be used to configure settings and backup, update or install the kernel quickly and easily.

High Brightness Mode Widget can be used to quickly toggle extra brightness for direct sunlight.

Downloads

Android 10
    ElementalX-P-5.06

Android 9 (Pie)
    ElementalX-P-4.16

Android 8.1.0 (Oreo)
    ElementalX-P-3.09

Android 8.0.0 (Oreo)
    ElementalX-P-2.03

Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
    ElementalX-P-1.15

Android 7.1.1:
    ElementalX-P-1.08

Android 7.1:
    ElementalX-P-1.00

Source code:
    https://github.com/flar2/marlin

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX-PXL, Kernel for the Google Pixel XL

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/marlin

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2016-10-24
    Last Updated 2019-10-07
    Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate Christmas, and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate other traditions at this time of year.

Thanks to everyone here for a great year of development and I hope 2017 will be just as great.
    Update!!

This version is flashable in recovery.

Simply flash in TWRP recovery.

You do NOT have to install SuperSU after this. It works whether you are rooted or not, and there will be different options depending whether you are rooted or not. If you are not rooted, the only options you get will be max cpu frequencies (overclocking/underclocking). If you have root, then you will get options for s2w, s2s, backlight dimmer, fsync, and iosched.

Download:
    ElementalX-P-1.00.zip

Changes:
    -new installer
    -overclock/underclock options
    Update!!

Version 0.07

Sound control is updated to add earpiece, mic and speaker controls and to fix problems with gain resetting. Hopefully I covered every scenario. Thanks to @chdloc for guidance.

I need to update EXKM for full sound control. It will have gain control for main speaker, earpiece speaker, mic, analog and digital headphone gain, plus a toggle for stereo mode if you are using @chdloc dual speaker mod. Eventually I will also be redesigning the sound controls to make them easier to use, but that won't be in the next update.

Also includes November security update
    Update!!

Initial release for Android 8.0.0 Oreo. Everything is like the Nougat kernel, except the installation is tricky at the moment.

Something changed with SuperSU and my old way of keeping root seems to have stopped working. I have not had time to investigate, and likely won't until TWRP and everything is settled. For now, you will need to install the stock boot.img, flash ElementalX, then flash the latest SuperSU (doing this in a different order will probably either unroot or restore a backup boot.img).

I did not test with Magisk.

Android 8.0.0 (Oreo)
    ElementalX-P-2.00

Changes:
    -Oreo release