[KERNEL] OnePlus Nord ElementalX

Search This thread

dabyd64

Jan 14, 2012
A Coruna
I know how it feels being a developer myself for other stuff, people begging and complaining everywhere... It's tiresome!

Just let me politely ask you if you're planning to update your kernel to android 11.
NFC is really important for me so I can't use EviraKernel.

I recently got this device second-hand to replace my suddenly broken Mate 20 pro.
Came with Android 12, performance was absolute crap, slow as hell, draining the battery in no time, phone was always hot with normal use (whatsapp/browsing).
So I downgraded to android 10, used it for few weeks, performance was much better but had plenty of bugs related to data connection , ex. Whatsapp stalling, not receiving or sendings messages, definitely not ok.
Then upgraded to android 11, everything is working smoothly, I'm happy with it.
I always fully erased the phone between updates to ensure a clean system.

So from my point of view, Android 11 is the sweet one for this device, I wouldn't bother with Android 12, at least for now.

The only thing really keeping it from perfection is the screen, it has crazy contrast levels, anything slighly dark is almost black, while brighter areas are like sunlight, also the minimum brightness is too bright, current screen options are not enough to fix this.
I never had this issue in other phones, it's impossible to use it at night without getting headaches, having your kernel screen settings adjustment, would be just perfect.

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
I will probably update the kernel for Android 12. However, it is lower on my priority list, as only 21 people have EX Kernel Manager installed on this device and it will take me a few days of work to figure out the absolute mess of the OnePlus kernel source.

dabyd64

Jan 14, 2012
A Coruna
Haha I'm pretty sure more people have it...I bought EX ages ago for my Xiaomi Mi5s, but why install EX if it not running a custom kernel, and why install a kernel that doesn't work on the only Android version that runs well? 10 and 12 are terrible.

Maybe try making a survey, so the users can vote, you'll get an idea of the interest.

Edit: Nevermind. Oneplus released broken kernel sources and not fixing it. Shame on them. Yeah, why bother then ... Running away from OnePlus!

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Haha I'm pretty sure more people have it...I bought EX ages ago for my Xiaomi Mi5s, but why install EX if it not running a custom kernel, and why install a kernel that doesn't work on the only Android version that runs well? 10 and 12 are terrible.

Maybe try making a survey, so the users can vote, you'll get an idea of the interest.

Edit: Nevermind. Oneplus released broken kernel sources and not fixing it. Shame on them. Yeah, why bother then ... Running away from OnePlus!
Did someone confirm the kernel source is broken? Or is it just a huge confusing mess? It looks like hours, possibly days, of work before you could even attempt to build it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for OnePlus Nord
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value, K-Lapse)
    -Adjust vibration
    -Wake gestures (S2W & DT2W)
    -Sweep2sleep
    -Block wakelocks
    -CFQ, noop, BFQ, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -backlight min
    -Option to disable touchboost
    -WireGuard support

Installation
    1. Flash directly in EX Kernel Manager (root is required to flash in the app)

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest updates are always available through the app. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best supported and most complete kernel manager available.

Downloads

Android 10
    ElementalX-OPN-1.00

Source code:
    https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus-Nord

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX OnePlus Nord, Kernel for the OnePlus Nord

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/OnePlus-Nord

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-08-26
    Last Updated 2020-08-26
    Yes.

But it seems there is a bug with NFC in the source released by OnePlus, so hold off if you use that

NFC and wifi hotspot not working on OOS 11.1.1.2

Other than that kernel is amazing. Great work!
    @flar2 are you also gonna support Open Beta Android 11?:unsure::)
    I usually stick to the stable releases
    Is it working on oos11?
    Yes.

But it seems there is a bug with NFC in the source released by OnePlus, so hold off if you use that
    Best kernel ever! Keep up the great work!